Eight

A Homey Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bit mature!

Big thank you to the people who have commented so far! I love you more than the other readers :3

 

For want of a better word, Baekhyun squeals. Squeals like the eight-year-old girls he sees chasing each other on the playground when he’s on breaktime duty at work. He also rams into Kyungsoo like a charging bull, locks his arms around his neck, and buries his face in his shoulder while he makes unintelligible congratulatory noises.

Kyungsoo is laughing at him. Not with him. At him. But Baekhyun doesn’t even care, because “I’m so proud of you” and “I love you so much!”

He’s been promoted at his IT firm. He’s now the manager. Scooped up his old boss’ job now that he’s gone. Earning almost double the pay with more flexible hours. Baekhyun is ecstatic. Arguably more so than Kyungsoo. God. He just loves him so much.

“We need to celebrate!” Baekhyun screams, letting Kyungsoo go and wiping his eyes. Yes, he might be crying a little. Tears of pride. Tears of joy. Tears of all the things Kyungsoo will be able to buy him with his new salary. Bliss. “Let’s do something crazy!”

“What?”

“Spontaneous!” Baekhyun shouts, spinning around in the room with his arms out like a propeller.

“Baekhyun.”

“Absolutely bonkers!!!”

“Baek—”

“Let’s go clubbing!” Baekhyun pounces on Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo cowers away. He also looks at Baekhyun like he’s gone mad.

“You can’t be serious.”

“It’s a Friday.”

“Aren’t we too old for that?”

“We can sleep in all day tomorrow.”

“Do they even let people our age inside?”

“And we can just have one drink. Get down with the kids. Be hip and young, and—”

“Baek.” Kyungsoo cuts in, grabbing Baekhyun’s wrists to stop them frantically waving through the air with his sudden plans. “We can’t go clubbing. I’ll die.”

Baekhyun smirks.

They go clubbing.

 

Baekhyun forgot what this was like. Being constantly shoved about by sweaty arms and shoulders. Crowding around a sticky bar and having to scream your order to be heard. It’s just gone past midnight. Everyone is pretty much drunk already, save for the odd few who look bored as hell. He and Kyungsoo decided to not come sober. They might have died otherwise, as Kyungsoo previously insisted.

They don’t order shots. Just vodka with a mixer. The old days come flashing back, Baekhyun swept off his feet with nostalgia. Stood by the bar. Feeling eighteen years old again. Trying not to ‘break the seal’ and go to the toilet too early. Apparently that was a thing. Of course, they’re not eighteen. But that doesn’t stop Baekhyun from flirting with the guy who squashes in next to him and grimaces when he puts his forearms on the countertop and can’t get them off again. Sticky beyond belief.

“Hi there,” Baekhyun drawls. He leans in to his ear. “You’re really hot.”

“Baekhyun, you’ve only had one drink. There’s no way you’re that drunk already.” Kyungsoo scowls, a bit red in the face.

It’s ridiculously warm. Teen spirit (and thirty-two spirit) trapped in an oven of a room. People have draped themselves across booths, sat themselves precariously on stools, dance like they don’t even know how to walk. Baekhyun isn’t sure if it’s refreshing or not.

“Wanna come back to my place after?” Baekhyun continues, lips on Kyungsoo’s ear, so preoccupied being a pain in the that he misses the bartender looking at him completely. Kyungsoo orders in their stead. It’s awkward. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter