Good Answer

Wanted Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s not that Luhan wasn’t used to life being good to him. It was that it had never lasted for so long. His father’s diabetes-related illnesses weren’t flaring up and his health seemed to be improving with better medication and care, Haowen was flourishing in the new pre-k he’d been enrolled in, and most surprisingly, his love life had actually gone past thinking about his love life.

He’d been seeing Yifan (Kris, until he offered Luhan his private name) for a few weeks now and to his surprise, Yifan had not been totally bored by Luhan. Again, it’s not that Luhan thinks he’s some boring square with no redeeming qualities. It was that his life was often too chaotic for the idiots who took an interest in him. 

Yifan, on the other hand, understood that his career demanded a lot of attention. He understood a lot of things about Luhan’s life, like his quirky habits and his overly involved friends. Perhaps the only and most important aspect he’d forgotten (intentionally skipped over) to mention was the presence of his son, Haowen. Like hell, he was ashamed to be a parent. He was the proudest father out there. His son was adorable and extremely well adapted for a three-year-old. Maybe it was just that he wanted to savor his relationship before Yifan eventually found out about his son and dumped him for either lying or being ‘used goods’.

Chanyeol, the more reasonable half of his best friend duo, had convinced him to just go out and tell Yifan to his face.

“Yifan is a grown man, Hyung. If he’s as good of a man as you’re claiming he is, he’ll accept Haowen. He doesn’t have to go all step-daddy on you, he just has to accept that he’s not the only man in your life.” Chanyeol squeezed the blond’s shoulder with a tiny smile. 

Man, Chanyeol was so freakin’ smart. It’s as if he always knew what to say. His encouragement sure beat Baekhyun’s ‘ Yifan, get pregnant again and make him understand firsthand what it’s like to be a dad’ plan.

Luhan planned to tell Yifan today during their date. He’d been scheduled to work a morning shift today and he’d be getting out around six in the evening. Yifan had promised to pick him up after work so they could grab dinner.

Without failure, Yifan was waiting for Luhan outside of the hospital, typing away at his phone. He told Luhan he was the sole inheritor of his retired grandfather’s company. Until he turned about thirty-five or so, the company was being run by his mother and father. Regardless, he was still in the loop with the company and was always on his phone calling someone or texting commands at an employee.

“Yifan!” Luhan called out, waving his arm at the younger man. He sped towards the cleanly suited man. He always looked so fine in his expensive suits. It was truly something to envy.

The other blond stood up and walked toward Luhan, a smile working onto his face at the sight of the shorter man in his scrubs. Yifan wasn’t ashamed to say that he was smitten with the man in front of him. Luhan was hardworking and understanding, he had the maturity a lot of people their age was still trying to find. Besides the fact, he was attractive in all physical aspects. His delicate nose and lips, his big eyes and nice, lithe body all made him so gorgeous. 

The taller man curled an arm around Luhan’s waist and pulled him in for a peck on the lips. Deciding it wasn’t enough to satiate him, he cupped Luhan’s little chin in his hand and pushed harder onto the smaller man’s mouth. 

Finally, after breaking away, Yifan greeted the nurse with “Hi.”

“Hi,” Luhan replied shyly, taken aback by Yifan’s intense greeting. 

The younger man offered his hand toward Luhan and received a smaller hand in his. They walked down the stone steps of the hospital and made their way towards Yifan’s car, some foreign car that looked far too expensive to be touching Luhan’s worn and battered blue scrubs.

“Wait Yifan! Why don’t we go somewhere more casual? I’m not exactly dressed for any sort of occasion if you get what I mean.” Luhan offered shyly, tightening his hand around the taller man’s.

“You look stunning even in your work uniform. But, yeah, fancy dining gets tiring, doesn’t it? Why don’t we go where you wanna go?” The other blond replied. Luhan melted at the sight of the other’s grin. Yifan was so classic and sweet, truly a gentleman.

Without notice, the older man led them through a few streets until they arrive at a tiny stand. The food was cheap, and the drinks were great. This place had gotten Luhan through a lot of stressful nights on the job. 

“I know it’s not really your style to sit on plastic chairs and eat on plastic tables, but I like this place. You know I’d never take you anywhere bad!” They took their seats and sat facing each other.

Yifan brushed his fingers with Luhan’s gently. “I know, hun. Don’t worry. Order what you want, I’ll get the same as you.” Gosh, he’s such a darling, Luhan thought.

A young man came and took their orders. Luhan was content with simple ramen, as was Yifan. They ordered a few bottles of soju and some cans of soda and buckled down for drinking. 

It was a Friday night and Haowen weighed on his father’s mind heavily. His child was sleeping over with Uncle Baekhyun and Uncle Chanyeol. The pair had sent pictures here and there of what his child was doing. 

Now is the time, Luhan thought. He would have to come out and say it eventually. The best time was now.

“Listen, Yifan. Before we eat or drink anything, it’s probably best I tell you something,” Luhan began. He watched the other’s unreadable expression intently, not that it helped.
Shaking his head, the other responded, “You’re unhappy with me?” 

“Definitely not!” Luhan waved both his hands around as if he was waving away the question. “You make me happy and it’s because you make me so happy that I ought to tell you this. I usually tell people this right away but because I was so stunned by you, I guess I was scared. I have a son. He’s young, only three going on four and he’s everything I’ve got. I’m not ashamed to say it and now that I tell you, I feel bad for even hiding it.”

Yifan could only stare in shock, thoughts wandering into worse places. “Does this mean that you’re perhaps married? Or in a relationship with your son’s father?” 

Once more, the smaller man shook his head. “Not at all. I don’t know whether to even share this but, his father doesn’t know about him. To make a long story short, I met my son’s father by coincidence during vacation and acted irresponsibly. My son’s father was some big mafia guy and got thrown in jail in Thailand. I assume he’s still in there now and will probably be there for most of his adulthood.” 

“He’s part of the Oh family?” Yifan asked quietly. His gaze turned distant and away from Luhan.

“How’d you know?” 

“I remember watching something like that on the news. The Thai police raided a huge resort and busted like twenty people from the Oh Group. Their trials were all over television. Weren’t they recently trying to extradite the leader’s son?” Yifan tried to play it off. It seemingly worked when the other man nodded.

“Yeah, that whole thing was s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter