Prologue

Wanted Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Out of all the days Sehun had chosen to escape from the hospital, he just so happened to choose the hottest day in June. It was a sweltering 35C, and the rays of the sun could be seen radiating out of the sky. It only made the already humid Thai jungle a sweaty gym sock that had been kept a locker for too long. The scenery was absolutely breathtaking, and Sehun would’ve loved to step back and admire it, had it not been for the various helicopters flying up above him that roared in the distance.

His hands had been shackled together even during his stay at the hospital. A long, heavy metal chain attached to his handcuffs kept him in . After sending a few sweet smiles and soft pleas to all of the staff, one of the younger nurses had removed the ankle cuffs that kept him tied to his bed as he recovered. He took this blessing as a chance to run.

For three years he’d been an inmate at Klong Prem prison in Bangkok. He’d only been 21 when a warrant was put out for his arrest on several counts of drug trafficking, extortion, racketeering, murder, you name it. He’d managed to escape Korea before the Thai authorities caught up to him in a resort and arrested him there.

The memory of his arrest seemed so distant now. He’d been right in the middle of ing into a delicious, honey-haired Chinese tourist he’d met days before at the beach. He could only imagine his own surprise when the police burst through his door waving massive guns in his face. His was probably entirely exposed. After he was captured, his mugshot had been all plastered over the news, along with video evidence of the police conducting his arrest. The world was well aware of the birthmark he had on his left asscheek at this point.

He shook his head as his legs carried him as fast as they could. Sehun decided he’d gladly run the distance of two countries if it meant never going back to prison. Being incarcerated had meant that none of his favorite things were at his disposal. His favorite Versace loafers, all the banana milk he could help himself too, his customized gun collection. At one point in his marathon, it felt as if he was not only running to freedom but, to all the banana milk and hot pot, that was awaiting him back in Korea.

Despite Klong Prem being a hot, overcrowded prison, he’d managed to avoid the scrutiny of other prisoners and prison staff. His name had preceded him as with all places. Most people respected him for being the heir to the Oh-Yang Group. For this reason, he'd been mostly left alone by the others.

Some random asshat made his way up to him during Muay Thai training and stabbed him with a sharpened toothbrush. Sehun had instantly fainted. He was sure he was going to die that day in the stuffy heat of the prison yard. Luckily, he found his method of escape through one of the ground floor windows of the hospital where he was staying.

Sehun felt a strong draft coming from above and looked up to see that the choppers were a few feet away. “!” He panted, coming to an abrupt stop. There was no use in running. He’d have to hide until the helicopters went away. His eyes scanned the scenery in front of him until they fell upon a massive pit of mud. It looked deep enough to hold most of him until he was safe. 

“I’m not really gonna do that am I?” He muttered to himself, sizing up his chances against a chopper that most likely contained heavily protected and armed men inside. With a firm nod, he leaped first into the pit. The mud was cool and slimy in heavy contrast to the boiling hot temperatures around it.

He practically bathed himself in the mud as he tried to cover up the bright orange prisoner shirt and pantsuit he donned. He desperately tried to camouflage into the scenery, wanting nothing more than to remain a free man.

The wind from above became stronger. Oh . The helicopter was making a landing a few feet away in the clearing. Soon, the overpowering noise had silenced itself and, the propellers ceased to move. 

Well, back to prison, he concluded in his head. All of that exhaustive running had been for nothing.

“Yoo-hoo! Sehun-ah!” He heard a female’s voice cry out excitedly from a distance. 

He stayed silent, not wanting to draw attention to himself as the voice that was calling out to him grew closer. His hand shakily reached for a rock. The makeshift weapon was practically useless against the policemen who would be arresting him in a minute.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter