Chapter 1

Evanesce (Don't know why, tell me why)

1

“See you tomorrow!” “See you!” “Bye-bye!” I looked at the tinted glass dividing my office to theirs, some of my employees are now bidding their goodbyes. Ah, right, it’s already seven in the evening, time for them to go home and rest. I should too. 

A knock on the door made pish me put of my monologue. “Come in,” I said as I fixed my posture. “Mr. Park, you should also go home now?” I nod at my secretary. “Yes, I will. Take care.” She nod and went outside, I sigh and gather my things, my bag and my cellphone.

I walk on the quiet aisle of the office and it has nothing but silence, silence that could eat me up but will still hurt me. I was about to ride my car when my phone rings. I smile and answered the call.

“Hyung, will you be early tonight?” I chuckles. “I’m on my way now, why?” a sigh could be heard. “Well, hyung, as expected you forgot, tonight we will have dinner with Baekhyun, you promised to eat with us, we are now preparing the foods.” I fake a gasped. “No, I didn’t forget, I will be there before you guys even finish cooking.” My brother chuckles. “Ok, take care, hyung. See you in a while!” I nod, “See you later, Yeol.”  And I ended the call before I went inside my car.

The rain keeps on dropping and now there are tons of people that are rushing to pass the pedestrian and ride the cab, the inconvenience this rain brought is very nuisance.

I stopped. Even felt the chills when I heard a laugh and a famous line of ‘why do you always say lines with both negative things on it. Stop that.’ I shake my head and passed the traffic light. I chuckles as I enters the cake shop, I already ordered a cake for my brother and his boyfriend.

“Oh, Mr. Park, I already prepared the cake, here.” I smile. I sign on the paper and lend my card when the baker speak again, “Congratulations on your third anniversary.” I look at him and smile, “It’s my brother’s, I don’t have someone.” He seemed to be caught off and immediately throw “an apology” I smile. “No, it’s fine.” He lend me the box and the card, “See you later, thank you!”

I went out and drive home. “Teukkie hyung!” I turn to see Yesung and Hyukjae, with Kyungsoo and Jongin. “Yo!” “You’re early?” Hyukjae said. “Well, I can’t let this night passed, Chanyeol told me about this, and me not being to witness this is a joke.” Yesung smile, “Ok, so, you will be with us next week?” I frown, “Where?” Hyukjae snorts. “Oh, don’t tell me, hyung, we planned this, the Jeju trip. We can’t make it outside the country so we decided to go to Jeju, together with Chanyeol’s friend also.” I remembered, damn. “Ah, yes, of course, I can, if I don’t have any schedule that day.” I said, “But, hyung, Chanyeol hyung told me that you are the one to propose that trip to him.” Jongin said. I sigh, “Yep, but,” Hyukjae sigh “Things will be just fine, don’t worry too much. Besides, we can throw a party there.” Yesung nod. A ting on the elevator made us quiet for a while and we went out walking towards our home.

“Welcome back!” Baekhyun and Chanyeol greeted. The two are busy preparing the table.

“Whoa, it’s very unusual to see you being home at this hour.” I sigh and laugh, “It’s all for my brother and Baekhyun.” The two hugged me and I laugh. “Thanks hyung!” The two said and I nod.

“Where’s your brother, Baek?” Donghae asked and I froze on my seat. “Oh, Hyung can’t make it tonight but he will come with us next week.” Ryeowook chuckles. “That guy should really come.”

“He will.” Baekhyun said as he flashed his smile. Just like him.

“Let’s cheers for more year together for Chanyeol and Baekhyun!!!” I said and we cheered. “Whoooo!”  And the party slash dinner starts. My brother and I are both lucky to have a group of decent friends that we didn’t need to clean some mess, we don’t drink until we’re drunk.

Past twelve when they all went home, Baekhyun will be staying here with Chanyeol. Because his brother is also out of the country. I bid goodnight to the both of them and went inside the room.

I took a quick shower and lay on my bed, I turn to see the frame that is flattened on the table. I pull it up and smile, I saw myself, smiling together with a guy with a gummy smile, we are both leaning on each other’s head. On the lower part of the picture are the initial carved.  “H&J”

“I missed you.” I mutters before sleep took me down.