Hungover Soup

Hungover Soup

Andy knows the lock to Minwoo’s house, added to the fact that his hyung’s own parents gave it to him. It struck him as weird at first, since he is not family, but then he remembered he being part of Shinhwa means his own family extends to that of the members, making him chuckle. It must be the change in houses that made him a bit reserved in sharing spaces.

He turned the knob to his hyung’s house and went inside, being a bit familiar with the interior of the house. Minwoo’s parents have decided to stay at one of their children’s house for Christmas, and left the house to Minwoo to rest at since he has had his concert the night before. It is December 25, and Andy has already finished preparing the Christmas dinner for later at his own house. He expects his mother to drop by a bit later too.

Perhaps it is the good maknae and neighbour in him that made him cook hungover soup and wrap it up in a metal container and personally delivering it to his hyung’s house on Christmas Day. Just to make sure Minwoo is still alive after his wild Merry M concert.

Unknown to many, Andy has personal access to his official Twitter and has used it to watch the Korean fancams posted during and after Minwoo’s concert. Of course, he expected his hyung to take off his shirt, much to his second-hand embarrassment. Not because Minwoo doesn’t have a good body, (he has a great body for a man his age) it is just that whenever his hyung does it, he feels his own ears redden.

Minwoo has been designated as the Cool Guy, and Andy as the Shy Guy, and their nicknames embody exactly their own personalities and dispositions. Minwoo knows how to make the crowd go wild with his theatrics and performances, and Andy personally chuckled at one of the tweets he read that it is as if it is going to a nightclub. Andy’s own  fanmeetings are strictly along the lines of what is allowed that does not involve taking one’s top off, though he is thinking of perhaps drinking soju to make the fans stop thinking he is forever “a baby”.

“Baby. I’m not a baby.” Andy mumbled under his breath as he crossed the floor of the Minwoo household and to the kitchen. “I’ll show them. I’ll do a lot of illegal stuff on my birthday fanmeeting.”

Andy stretched his sleeves, and used the helm as a potholder. He poured the soup in a bowl and put it in a tray together with a spoon and chopsticks. He also prepared kimchi as a side dish. With everything set, he tiptoed going upstairs where his hyung’s room is.

Upon reaching the door to Minwoo’s room, Andy gently knocked. “Minwoo hyung? It is me Andy.”

He is greeted with silence. Andy assumed Minwoo must still be asleep. He opened the door, and indeed on the bed is Minwoo.

Only he was fully unclothed.

.

Like the day he is born.

On top of his bed with white linen sheets. Like a Greek god sleeping. The sight of his back brought the feeling that it might be smooth to the touch, Andy can imagine how cool his skin would be, and how hard and corded the muscles are.

And, it took Andy all the energy not to scream and make the soup fall on the floor.

Though he did scald himself and made him curse, though if due to the burn or the sight of Minwoo’s rump he was not too sure.

“, , !” Andy cursed and managed to put the tray on the bedside table. He was careful not to look at his hyung’s lower extremities, and looked at the top of Minwoo’s head, his hair looking thick and healthy. It makes anyone want to play with it. And the instance Andy had that idea, he knows something is wrong.

Or rather something is coming back to him.

“Minwoo hyung of all days, it just has to be the day of our Lord.” Andy breathed, and took his eyes away from the sight of Minwoo sleeping. He looked around and saw clothes hastily thrown around and he went to get each and every one to put it in the hamper. He stopped momentarily on a pair of boxers, before carefully putting it away as well.

Andy sat down on the floor and looked at his hyung and remembered the memory that has been nagging him. Their 18th Vlive episode where he and his hyung bathed together.

It was a short moment, but it was one of those rare times he got a full profile of his Minwoo hyung. And it has been intimate in every sense of the word ‘shower’ is. He remembered how casually Minwoo took off his clothes, turned the knob of the shower on and got a handful of shampoo. Minwoo washed his hair in smooth rotations, Andy had no time to do his own.

“Andy, do you want me to wash you?”

The invitation sounded very suggestive, Andy was frozen at first and thought he was hearing things. “Wh-What did you say?”

“Do you want me to wash your back?”

“Uh, no thank you.” Andy was flustered with the question.

Minwoo looked at Andy intently, and Andy was glad he has a towel on his waist. He was feeling a bit warm, and he cannot seem to look at Minwoo straight in the eye.

“Are you okay?” Minwoo turned off the shower, and got soap and lathered himself casually as he got near Andy. He was rubbing his arms, chest, his waist where a small line of hair was leading somewhere dangerous, the sight of it is making Andy dizzy.

“Yes, yes I’m okay.” Andy nodded and the sight of Minwoo’s body lathered with foamy soap is blowing his mind. He bit his lip and proceeded to look at the bathroom mirror, pretending to check his hair, which is weird because they are supposed to take a bath.

Andy does not know how he survived that episode, and how it was even funnier that they went out in that Vlive.

If anything, the sight of his hyung’s well-proportioned body makes him heady. As if drunk.

Perhaps he is the one in dire need of the hungover soup.

Andy looked at Minwoo and stood up. He got a fresh batch of sheets from a cabinet and proceeded to cover his hyung, who still won’t budge from his sleep. Andy spared a shy glance at that area before covering Minwoo’s broad back.

Andy’s fingers traced the smooth curve of his Minwoo’s shoulder, and confirmed that his skin is indeed cool, like marble, due to the air conditioner. His mind momentarily wondered to the fine hair leading to his hyung’s navel but he rather chop his hands off than turn Minwoo over and see for himself. He will just check it through the fancams later. His hyung remained unmoving despite Andy’s light touches.

Andy was finally home and setting up the kitchen for Christmas dinner in a few hours when he received a text message from Minwoo:

Thank you for folding my clothes and making me soup! Merry Christmas! I love you! ^^

His eyes lingered on the last three words of the text message, and imagined Minwoo’s face saying it to him personally if ever they were are just right across each other.

“I love you too, Minwoo.” Andy whispered, and smiled before helping himself another bowl of hungover soup he personally made.