Felix Felicis

Felix Felicis

“God, why is Snape always so damn rude?” Felix complained, glaring in the direction that the potions teacher just left.

 

“It’s Snape. Besides, he’s only rude to you because you never do your homework and don’t pay attention in class.”

 

“It’s not my fault potions is super boring..” He trailed off.

 

I scoffed and went back to working on my potions homework as he stared off into space. Felix liked to irk the professors by not doing his homework. Mostly Snape. I have no idea why. When it came to a class like charms then he’d pay the most attention I had ever seen somebody do. Although I heard talk of a first-year who had the same attitude in every class. Apparently, she was super smart as well.

 

“Hey, did you ever get permission to go to Hogsmeade?” Felix nudged me.

 

“No,” I sigh, “Mom says she doesn’t think it’s safe. Apparently, the Shrieking Shack gives her the creeps.”

 

“Seriously?” He laughs.

 

“Don’t laugh! I really want to go!” I whine, “Promise to bring me back something?”

 

“Ms. Smith. No talking in class. 10 points from Ravenclaw.” Snape snaps as he comes back into the room.

 

The other Ravenclaw students turn and glare at me. I sigh and look back down at my homework, kicking Felix under the table as he shakes from his quiet laughter.

“Greetings!” Nearly Headless Nick exclaimed as soon as Felix and I left the potions room, making me jump.

 

“Oh my god..” I whisper, putting my hand over my heart, making both of them laugh.

 

“Apologies for the startle, however, Mr. Lee’s presence was requested by Mr. Bang.”

 

“What does Chris want?” I asked confused, Felix and Chan weren’t exactly getting along at the moment.

 

“I have no idea, he called for me when he was in the hospital wing and asked for me to bring Felix to bring him. Apparently, it’s urgent.”

 

“Thanks, Nick, I’ll be right there,” Felix said, before giving me a look and making his way to the hospital wing.

 

“Sir Nicholas? How is Chris recovering?” I asked, adjusting my books in my arms.

 

Chris and Felix were on their houses Quidditch teams and Felix got a little too competitive and knocked Chris off his broom by accident. Luckily they weren’t too far from the ground, but Chris did hit his head pretty hard.

 

“He is recovering nicely, do not fret.”

 

“Thank you,” I whispered before walking to the Ravenclaw common room. I never understood how men got so competitive. It’s just a game. Neither one of them really cared for it, it just gave them something to do.

The next morning I got up and we greeted with a note sitting on my bed. Looking at my roommates, I noticed Amber sitting on her bed. She looked super tired.

 

“Not going to Hogsmeade?” I asked her as I reached for the note.

 

“No, I’m super behind on transfiguration homework. I still haven’t gotten the hang of the whole pincushion thing so I’ve been spending all my time working with that. What about you?”

 

“Nope, you know how my mom is scared of the Shrieking Shack.”

 

“How does she even know about it? Isn’t she a muggle?”

 

“Yeah. I’m assuming my dad told her about it before he died? Or maybe she started researching the wizarding world? No idea.”

 

“Wait isn’t she friends with Dumbledore?”

 

“I have no idea,” I said, finally reading the note.

 

“You’re not going to believe what happened with Chris. Meet at the usual spot when everyone gets back from Hogsmeade.”

 

I don’t know why he acts like where we normally meet up is super secret. It’s just the courtyard. Sighing, I ran my hands through my hair and looked back over at Amber to see she was leaning against the poll on her bed frame and was asleep once again. I laughed and got dressed before heading down to breakfast. Well, he wouldn’t get back for a couple of hours so I could finish my homework as well. Maybe tutor Amber. Or go see Chris...

 

“Oh look,” A voice nearby said dragging me out of my thoughts, “It’s the Ravenclaw mudblood.”

 

“Not even Chris Bang loved her, and he loves pigs.” A couple of Slytherin boys laughed as they slowly walked to their table, making sure I heard every word.

 

“That’s probably what knocked him off his broom, seeing her face in the crowd. I know it would have for me.”

 

“That’s how her dad died too, seeing just how ugly she and her mom were.”

 

They all erupted in laughter before sitting down at their table and resuming talking amongst themselves. I didn’t look up from my breakfast and continued eating. Their taunts didn’t affect me like they did a couple of years ago. I’ve come to terms with the fact that people will always look down on me because my mother is a muggle. They were just like the kids in muggle schools, trying to beat down someone to make themselves feel better. I pitied them because their parents probably put so much weight on their shoulders to uphold the family name.

 

The only thing that stung was what they said about Chris. We dated for about a year before he broke up with me for whatever reason. I hadn’t really seen him since then. We just weren’t in the same circles. He was pretty popular and I really only had Felix. Not that I minded.

 

After I finished my breakfast, I made my way back to the Ravenclaw tower and noticed that there was a group of Ravenclaws all staring and pointing out the window. Looking out the one closest to me I noticed that it started snowing. I sighed and stared at the beauty. My mom didn’t want me to come home for the holidays and instead “spend it with friends”. Too bad Felix goes home for the holidays every year.

 

After going into the Ravenclaw common room, I decided I’d rather study in my room, it was just more comfortable than having to sit out in the open. As soon as I soon as I got back in the room, the sound of Amber’s snoring filled the air. I laughed and nudged her awake.

 

“Why don’t I tutor you? Maybe then you’ll get it? I can ask Professor McGon-”

 

“No no, I want to try and get it by myself. Thanks though.” She yawned, looking at her watch.

 

She then gasped and jumped up, running out of the room. I laughed then walked over to my trunk, grabbing my different books and papers that were haphazardly spread around in it. Sitting on my bed, I crossed my legs and started to work on everything. Once I caught up on the week’s homework, I began to read ahead in potions, writing down each potion that interested me. One really stood out to me. Felix Felicis. Liquid luck. Writing it down, I began to think about what I would do with it. Nothing came to mind. I had nothing at all that I would use it for. Weird. As I sat there, wracking my brain for what I could use the potion for, Amber stuck her head in the room.

 

“Felix is back and is waiting for you in the courtyard.”

 

“Thanks,” I said, gathering everything and throwing it back into my trunk before closing it and putting on a coat then heading to meet Felix.

 

As soon as he came into view, I noticed he looked like a kid on Christmas as he looked at the snow. I keep forgetting that he doesn’t get snow where he lives. When he heard me walking up, he smiled brightly and basically tackled me into a hug.

 

“Whoa! What’s this for?” I asked, patting his back.

 

“You’ll never guess what I found in Hogsmeade. Well, in the outskirts of it.” He blabbered excitedly.

 

“What?”

 

“Ta-da!” He exclaimed, holding up a small vial that seems to have molten gold in it. I squinted my eyes at it then looked at Felix.

 

“How did you get this?”

 

“There was a super shady wizard in Hogsmeade that I saw Hagrid talking to and once Hagrid introduced me to him, he told me to follow him and sold me it. Isn’t it awesome?”

 

“Are you an idiot?” I laughed at him, making his face fall.

 

“Why?”

 

“This is gold paint used on cakes.” I laughed harder.

 

“How do you know?”

 

“MY MOM IS A BAKER!”

 

“Seriously? It’s not that super lucky potion?”

 

“No, you idiot. It’s even starting to separate, look.” I pointed at the vial.

 

“Oh man..”

 

“You got scaaaaamed.” I .

 

“I was gonna give it to you though..”

 

“For what?”

 

“Whatever you wanted, I don’t know.”

 

“Aww, how sweet,” I laughed, “What was it you wanted to tell me?”

 

“Oh. He said the reason he broke up with you was that his parents told him to. Apparently, they don’t want their son to-”

 

“End up with a mudblood?”

 

“Yeah..but he said that he still really likes you.”

 

“Hmm.” I hummed.

 

“What do you not feel the same way anymore?”

 

“Not really. I mean he just up and broke up with me. Kind of burnt that bridge.”

 

“So does that mean..”

 

“What?”

 

He looked around awkwardly. There was no one else out here, they didn’t want to stand in the snow. It was getting pretty cold out.

 

“Do you.. want..to go out with me?” He asked, scratching his neck as I stared at him in disbelief.

 

“Seriously?”

 

“Well, I mean..yeah..” He muttered something under his breath.

 

“What was that?”

 

“I..uh…ItooksomeofthepotionbecauseIthoughtitwouldgivemegoodluckinaskingyouout..” He said quickly, looking away from me.

 

I smiled widely at him, grabbing his warm cheeks and turning him to face me.

 

“You’re the only Felix I need,” I whispered, connecting our lips.