final.

sweetheart.

“What do you mean you didn’t write them!?”

“I didn’t write them, Mina just kept asking and I panicked!”

“You told her you wrote them two months ago! You’ve had two months to write the vows and you haven’t?”

Nayeon is the only one looking at Momo incredulously, but she’s not the only one looking at Momo with confusion and maybe even annoyance as an undertone. Jihyo just looks worried, and Jeongyeon for her part, at least looks a little confused. Nayeon wants to yell at her too, she was the one that was supposed to be helping Momo with said vows, but that’s for another day.

Momo standing there, with her wedding dress being all but taped to her body can’t stop herself from looking at least a little embarrassed. Mostly she was nervous though, she had an hour to create vows she’s had a year to come up with.

Nayeon, who’s been all but coordinating this wedding, pinches the bridge of her nose because this isn’t the only thing to have gone wrong today. There’s the cater being late, Chaeyoung spilled her drink all over her bridesmaid dress, the list goes on. One thing at a time, she tells herself.

She can’t even think about what to say to the bride, she’s just standing there thing when Jeongyeon speaks up.

“What if you just do them now?”

“Do them now? Jeongyeon we have -” Nayeon’s ready to start another rant when Momo interrupts.

“We have to. Mina spent months on hers. I owe her at least ones from the heart. She’s been so excited…” She frowns at the idea of letting Mina down, she’s spent half an hour earlier almost refusing to leave her house out of fear of not being good enough for Mina, if she can’t do this now. She fears she might have been right.

“We weren’t there to watch fall in love, Momo. Why don’t you tell us?” Jihyo’s finally the one to interrupt, someone cutting off Nayeon once again, this time before she could even speak. She gives Nayeon a glare that speaks volumes.

Finally, Nayeon collapses onto a chair, throwing her hands and the papers in them the air.

“Fine! Let's go with spontaneous! Not like this wedding has to be planned or anything, or had my heart and hours of my life put into them.”

“Nayeon, if this is how you’re now, I don’t think I want to attend your wedding,” Momo finally cracks a smile but nods at the others. “You weren’t though, I guess I can start from the beginning then.”

Nayeon huffs again, but everyone just looks at her annoyed, waiting for another outburst.

“What? Unlike you fools, I was there for the whole thing. Who happens to own the bar they basically fell in love, wait that’s me? Meanwhile, you two, out galavanting like lovers in Europe and-”

“Anyway, before she starts again,” Jeongyeon interrupts, “tell us how it happened, you never told us the whole story.”

----

I remember that first night like it was yesterday, your laugh was my new favorite sound, that hasn’t changed. Your smile always makes every day a good one and has since the day I met you.

----

Momo had been at this bar a million times over, she comes to dance, she comes to relax, she comes to whine about her y boss to Nayeon every Thursday like clockwork.

Momo knows everyone here, everyone knows her. Half of these people she went to high school with, a quarter of them they all attended the same college as her. Some of these are her precious childhood friends, just like Nayeon isn’t her.

But Momo has never seen her.

She, who was giggling as she came up to the bar, a smile so wide that Momo’s convinced that it could cure cancer.

Nayeon comes over instantly, her bar, yet she finds herself as the bartender most of the nights. She likes it like that. She may be understaffed but the bar does great regardless. But, that’s only because Momo recognizes most of the faces, just like Nayeon does. But...not this one.

“Hey! Hi, can we get the same thing Sana ordered earlier? I can’t remember what it was, but she said you made it?”

Nayeon only smiles but she nods and heads back to make their drinks. Momo thinks Nayeon might have a small crush on the girl, Sana, Momo vaguely remembers Nayeon talking a little about her. Or talking a lot about her.

The cutest girl on this planet, she had said.

After seeing the one in front of her, she’s inclined to call Nayeon a liar.

Momo, who’s dressed in her work button up and black slacks. Momo, who just got off the longest shift at the restaurant. Momo, who knows she looks an absolute mess and is underdressed. Momo, who suddenly feels like if she doesn’t say something to the other means making a mistake, speaks.

“Hey, I’m Momo.”

Speaks a little too impulsively and definitely not the best way. She feels ridiculous, silly, and not drunk enough to try hitting on a girl. This is why she doesn’t have a girlfriend, she curses herself.

But the stranger turns to her and only tilts her head, the smile doesn’t leave and Momo thinks it’s even more gorgeous when it’s pointed her way.

“I’m Mina. Do you work here too?”

Momo’s brows knit together and she almost forgets about her outfit until she looks down. Right. That. She’s shaking her head and tugging at her sleeve out of nervousness. “Oh! No, I work at the restaurant across the street. I just know Nayeon, and I always come here to talk to her after work if there’s time.”

Mina nods along as if she knows Nayeon but Momo can tell she’s even more confused than she was when Momo abruptly introduced herself.

“Nayeon’s the bartender you just spoke to.”

“Oh! Sana’s crush!” Mina covers fast and it only causes Momo to laugh. Mina’s face flushes and she’s still smiling from behind her hand and Momo thinks her heart races a little more after that.

“Sana? Sounds like the name of Nayeon’s crush.” Momo looks around to make sure Nayeon isn’t around to hear her talking about the situation. “Not that she’d do anything about it.”

Mina’s face goes a little bit of a journey the shock to the amusement comes slowly but it ends with Mina laughing, and Momo swears she’d do anything to hear it again.

Nayeon comes back with the drinks and Momo all but panics when Mina motions with the taken drinks to head back.

She reaches out her hand, grasping her wrist as lightly as she can. Nervous that Mina might take it as something aggressive, she spits out all at once, “Did you want to dance with me!?”

“Huh?”

“I’m sorry…Did you want to dance with me?” Momo motions her head to the dance floor, but she retracts her hand at the same time. She swears she’s going to have a heart attack from how fast her hearts racing.

Mina’s laugh is back, but she nods this time.

“Let me put these down, ‘kay?”

“Okay.”

---

“You told Mina about Sana?!” Nayeon shrieks but Jeongyeon’s all but jumping over to cover .

Momo shrugs anyway, it got them together, didn’t it?

---

I hope your dad forgives me when I say the best memory I have is you laying on my couch, popcorn in your lap while wearing my t-shirt. You smiled at me, and I knew from that moment, that falling in love with you was the best thing to ever happen to me. I promise to always love you.

---

It’s three in the morning, and Momo’s tv is going on in the background, she can see it over the breakfast bar. She always placed it there so she could watch tv while she cooked, or tried to cook rather.

But now she’s so thankful it’s there because she can see the top of Mina’s head over the couch, hair falling over the side of the couch arm. Her legs hanging off the other edge. Momo had always said her couch wasn’t big enough, complained about it constantly. How can she now?

She knows she will later when they try to cuddle but that’s not the point, they have a bed for that anyway.

She’s almost stuck in thought but until she heard a whining voice coming from that same couch. She focuses back into reality and looks up from the vegetables she’d been washing in the sink to now see Mina had sat up and was propping her head on the back of the couch, using her hands as a pillow almost.

“Momo, how much longer? I’m cold!”

“That’s what happens when you’re not wearing pants and it’s the middle of January.”

Mina huffs but moves so she’s laying back down, her voice this sounds almost sounds annoyed but Momo knows that she’s not.

“Well, you’re the one who took them off, and I didn’t hear you complaining then 

Momo has to hold back a smirk and instead goes back to focusing on the tomato she’s chopping, she’s had far too many cuts on her hand just because Mina’s distracted while cooking. She’d love to not get teased at work for once.

“Well, I didn’t hear you complain that you were cold than either.”

“You know, you haven’t answered my question yet.”

Momo just hums, “You know, last time you distracted me while cooking our fire alarm went off.”

“That’s just because you’re a bad cook,” Mina teases.

“Hey! I’m cooking for you right now.”

“And I’m going to love it as much as the pizza we’re going to order right after you’re done making this too.”

Momo can only look shocked and pout. How is this girl the same girl she met at a bar, the same girl who was shy and quiet on their first real date? Mina has so many sides and Momo can only love every single one.

Her heart races and she has to bite back a smile when she hears her own thoughts. She had been trying to find the right moment to say that.

Because that’s what supposed to happen right? There’s supposed to be a moment. How come she’s always wanting to tell her then? Nothing makes sense when it comes to Mina.

Yet everything makes sense.

Momo realizes she’s stuck in her thought again because suddenly Mina was standing there in front of her and lifting her chin with her thumb. Momo swears she has the sweetest smile.

If only her words matched.

“Hey, head chef. Your soups burning.”

“Ah, what!?”

Momo realizes the kitchen has smoke everywhere, and she barely gets it off the stove when the fire alarm goes off.

The soup and pot are in the sink, windows open and ovens off, and her hope for a good night is disappearing as fast as the smoke is.

Mina must realize how upset Momo actually is, whether its because she isn’t laughing like she normal would or because she may or may not have a few tears in her eyes.

She just wanted this to be perfect.

This was supposed to be The Moment, the one where she told Mina. But now it’s not working.

She almost wants to cry except within seconds Mina’s got her arms wrapped around Momo’s waist and she’s ducked down trying to catch Momo’s eyes with hers.

“Hey, I was only teasing, baby. I know you worked hard, I’m sorry that it didn’t work. I’ll let you pick the pizza place even!”

Momo finally catches Mina’s eyes and though she’s upset because she’s ruined everything, seeing Mina’s smile, hearing Mina wanting to do anything to make Momo happy. She can’t help herself.

“I love you,” she whispers. “I know it’s like the worst moment, and you don’t have to say it back but my heart feels like it’s going to explode, and it always feels like that when I’m with you. But I just can’t not say it anymore, because you’re there and I love you and I don’t know it just came out.”

Momo’s sworn before that she felt like her heart couldn’t race anymore, but at the moment, she felt like it was racing so fast she might pass out.

She doesn’t know what she expected from this, but she knows, that at that moment, it wasn’t for Mina to reach up and cup her face.

“I love you too.”

“Huh?”

Not her finest moment she supposes but suddenly her brain can’t seem to function, and then there’s Mina’s laugh that Momo would die fighting for.

“I love you too. I’ve loved you for a while now, I was just waiting for you to catch up.”

----

“That is disgusting ,” Nayeon whines as she’s finally more relaxed. Sana finally finished dressing for the wedding, and even though Nayeon gave her hell about it ruining the dress, she’s cuddling Nayeoon very closely.

“I think they’re cute, we did something similar remember? Makes me wonder when you’re gonna finally get me a pretty ring…”

“Uh, is it suddenly a little hot in here? Let me go see if I can find some way to fix that.”

---

I don’t have pretty words to tell you, I feel like I’m always missing the right ones. But I promise to always try to be what you need. I want to make you happy, for the rest of my life. The rest of our life.

---

Momo had it all planned out. She had dinner tonight, somewhere she had booked months ago. She had asked all her friends, she even won over Chaeyoung, who is very had to sway. But nothing a few cookies didn’t fix.

‘Only because you brought my favorite cookies’, she had said.

She had the best outfit, a new dress. She had set it up with the restaurant to make sure she could do it right after dessert. Mina’s favorite dessert.

She just forgot...Mina in her plan.

Never would she think Mina would have been the one hiccup in her plan. She’d spent months trying to figure out. Ever since their first anniversary two months ago, she knew it was meant to be.

How was she supposed to know that Mina was thinking the same thing?

Mina who had must have been feeling the same way, who had waited and watched. Who she wakes up in the early hours of the day to go to work but only instead gets dragged back to bed that morning, with a quick voicemail to work saying that’s she's sick, and doesn’t think she’ll be able to come in for her opening breakfast shift.

Mina who’s bad influence led to shedding clothes and and anything but going back to sleep.

And just when Momo thinks they're going to be able to, Mina turns to her with a smile.

“What? You’re smiling as though you’ve just found something.”

“I’m smiling because I love you.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah, you smile the same when you look at me.”

Momo would have looked flustered if this were six months ago, but this is here and now and Momo knows that Mina loves her back.

“And you’re just smiling because of that.”

“No,” she shakes her head, and she moves from laying on the pillow to propping herself up. “I’m smiling because I hope you’ll say yes.”

“To what?” Momo’s confused, and not even thinking about the plans she had set for later that night, because that was to worry about later. And it’s not as if this conversation even had the same feeling as the one she’d plan for later that night.

Mina rolls over for a moment and grabs something from under the bed, Momo tries not to stare as the sheet slips when she does. But she’s back and giving Momo a knowing look who just shrugs, before they’re settled back into the same spot, except this time, Mina’s holding a box out.

“To marrying me.”

So one can see, how Momo’s feeling at this moment. She had everything planned out. Everything was perfect.

But Mina...Mina is something Momo never saw coming. Not then. Not months ago in the kitchen. Not now.

But she loves Mina, and as she said, Momo smiles because she loves her. Even if there are tears in her eyes and explanations to be said, all she can think to do is answer.

“Of course I will.”

----

“This is gross, this is so gross and I had to see and - hey ow!” Nayeon growls as she looks at Jeongyeon who’s helping her zip the back of her dress.

“Oh oops! Sorry, my finger must have slipped.”

“Yeah okay, liar.”

Momo’s finally done with hers and they’re minutes away from having the wedding start. And Momo finally feels like she’s ready. She couldn’t put the words together, but now she has.

Chaeyoung comes running in, her own dress being held in her hands.

“Sorry! Sorry, hate to be rushing, but we are on a schedule.”

“Chaeyoung, it’s my schedule of course I know we’re on one!” Nayeon goes to yell again but Jihyo just shakes her head. Momo answers anyways.

“I’m ready.”