OneShot

Of Off Days and Coffee Dates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Choi Siwon is your average joe; if being a world class kpop idol is considered average. He's a simple man who loves skinships, sweet coffee and world peace.

 

'Let's add sleeping in...Choi Siwon DEFINITELY likes sleeping in.' he snuggles further into his pillow, smiling in content. Shortly after, light snores signaled his deeper slumber. The sun was already high up when fate decided his schedule today.

 

Although all good things come to an end; a couple of hours later, his personal phone starts ringing. 'Bless my life.' He scrunches up his eyes, wishing the echoing noise would stop by sheer will. The phone continues on blaring, insistent on cutting off his well-deserved sleep.He usually ignores them; especially if it's his off days, but once he recognized that familiar ringtone, Siwon had little to no choice of answering...and to be perfectly honest, he'd been anticipating for this call the whole week.

 

Despite the routinary mishaps in his otherwise normal life, his secret past-time often comes tumbling in unannounced and wreaking havoc. With a stretch, Siwon picked up the phone and immediately put it into loudspeak. 'In 3, 2, 1...'

 

"YAH MASI-AH! Why didn't you tell me you were free, you bastard!" a powerful yet low voice of a man floated up in his bedroom. He inwardly sighed.

 

"Good morning to you too hyungie." he softly replied while rubbing sleep from his eyes.

 

"It's 9 Siwon-ah, yah let's go to the cafe Jongjin was telling me last week." He glanced up to his clock: 9 o'clock. 'I guess I really did sleep in.' Siwon finally remembered that one little converstation he had with Yesung when they were rehearsing. "Ah, that cafe in Myeongdong?"

 

"Yeah, Jongjin wants to get ideas for Armoire. He's planning on making a new menu for the spring season. Pick me up from there." he can hear the high-pitch yip from one of his hyung's dogs and concluded that his hyper best friend is still at home.

 

"Okay hyung, you're still at home right? What time should I meet you?" He can finish washing up and enjoying his shower within 10 minutes and another 5 minutes to get ready. "How about we meet after 45 minutes?" Yesung replied with after a pause. He still needs to arrange his clothes and pair his accessories. 'Have to look good for the cameras.'

 

"Okay, I'll grab breakfast from there."

 

"Sure Siwon-ah, your bagel?" after humming his confirmation they ended the call with Siwon smirking while heading off to his bathroom.

 

___________________

 

With another 15 minute drive from his apartment to Armoire, Siwon safely parked outside the cafe exactly by 10am.

 

The clang of the the cafe's bell signaled his entry to the familiar and cozy cafe Jongjin manages. He did a quick search for the owner and found Yesung waving for him to come over at the farthest side of the cafe. Jongjin was seated opposite his older brother and was looking at him apologetically as he strides over to their table.

 

"Hey Siwon hyung~" Jongjin gave a friendly hug to the newly seated Suju member. "I'm really sorry for taking up your off day. I already said to hyung to not bother you and just reschedule for next week but he said his schedule is packed until next month and-"

 

"Jin-ah it's cool. I'm not bothered; it's been months since I went to another place just to relax. Thanks for thinking of me Yesung hyung." he ruffled Jongjin's hair as to reassure the guy that there's nothing to worry about.Yesung was watching their whole interaction with unreadable eyes when Siwon suddenly heard the "ding" by the counter. "Ah that's hyung's bagel. Let me get that."

 

He can never read Yesung's eyes, even after so many years he can still conceal his thoughts well.

 

"You can finish your bagel here Siwon-ah. We don't have to rush or anything." he appreciates the thought but he knew the older man well enough to hear the obvious excitement in his voice.

 

"No worries hyung. It'll be lunch time soon. We should get going to avoid the crowd." Yesung was secretly thankful Siwon is always so considerate. 'Always the good guy, this kid.'

 

After grabbing the bagel from the counter: "It's on the house hyung. Have fun~ tell me all about the cafe okay?" Jongjin waved them off goodbye and quickly went back to the college student infront of him.

 

__________________

 

The drive towards their destination was anything but quiet. Siwon expected that; he actually anticipates it. Whenever or however his Yesung hyung is concerned, he'd always find himself laughing, chuckling or just smiling. His happy pill is from this man seating beside him.

 

"...and I have a 12 y/o fan Siwon-ah! Not even a teenager! She said I was cute but that's a whole level weird for me. How can she say to an old man he's cute? Kids in Japan are really brave huh." Siwon wanted to agree with Yesung but seeing him pout while grumbling: "She should've said I was handsome or cool...", he mentally nods in agreement with the kid.

 

Apparently his hyung was recalling his last concert in Osaka. Siwon is happy hearing from Yesung's concert. 'Seems like he really had a lot of fun with Japanese ELFs. He's been under a lot of stress lately.' The dark rings under Yesung's eyes and very prominent collarbones were telltale signs enough.

 

"Hyung, you ARE cute. You should see what our fans are posting about you. 'Cute' 'Adorable' 'Baby'. I don't know what 'Nagini' is but that's there too." which was a big fat lie. Siwon knows 'nagini' and recalling their young crazier selves having a shower competition; ELFs know what's up(or down). He isn't stupid enough to hint to Yesung that he came across A LOT of thirst tweet for him.

 

A wise man would say 'There are things better left unsaid.'

 

"Ya wanna punch? Stop being a Siwon hmp. I've been trying to look manly for a decade now! I've been trying your routine or Hae's workouts but it just won't do for me." Yesung was whinning at his scranny arms and Siwon just laughed. "YAH RUDE?!"

 

"Hyung, you gotta eat right first before building muscles you know." he cocked a brow. "I'll get my trainer to make one for you but he'd tell you to get some weight first." Siwon smiled kindly to his hyung, Yesung gets really sensitive with his body. He's treading on thin ice and they both know it.

 

The red traffic light shined at the intersection. Stop

 

Trying to change the subject, the only way Siwon knows how to lighten Yesung mood is compliments.

 

"They like your hair cut like this too." which was true. Even Siwon prefers this current style on his hyung. "It's better on your scalp too. Your blonde hair was pretty on you but the bleach totally fried it. I hate getting my hair dyed." Yesung is used to onstage skinship, especially from his skinship-loving horseman but he can't help but overly think at how intimate it looked when Siwon lifted his right hand to lightly brush the fringe near his temple and proceeded to massage his nape.

 

"I-I don't like how my hair is too short. I fell asleep then noona made me into a kid's anime character." he stutters. ' my tongue's even failing me.'

 

These gestures were nothing out of the ordinary but it still made Yesung feel shy and tingly and definitely warmer than normal. 'Damn he's even good at this?! I hate his perfect .'

 

'Lies.'

 

Before Siwon could even notice the slight dust of red on his passenger's face, the green light flashed go and signaled the end of Yesung's discomfort.

 

___________

 

The rest of the drive was met with silence; and that both bothered and confused Siwon. 'Is he still thinking about the workout?' Siwon parked the car to where the GPS told them to. He isn't used to his hyung keeping stil; even putting on Shinhwa sunbae's songs didn't do much except for the occasional sing-along to his favorite tracks. 'Strange.' but he knows better than anyone else not to push Yesung if he's in one of his mood. 'He'll come around. We're already near the cafe anyways.'

 

'Sensaccion' cafe. A month-year old cafe situated at the busiest part of Myeongdong. 'The place has a good location. Their rent must be pretty high.' Yesung quickly thought as they entered the chic cafe. Both of them didn't expect to be greeted by Frank Sinatra's music. 'Come Fly with Me.' Yesung quickly recognized the melody.

 

At the outside, Sensaccion looked quaint and small but the inside was stylishly decorated with vinyl records and potted plants. A big mirror to their left was covering the upper half of the wall with baroque-styled frames to accentuate antiquity. It also made an illusion that the cafe was wider than it's supposed to be. You would normally see potted hanging plants in a cafe but the owner was a bit quirky. Instead of the traditional orchids; potted succulents lined the outside foyer and front part of the cafe. Below the shelves containing the succulents, vinyl records were stacked side by side. Siwon isn't sure if they were also arranged by artists.

 

What caught Yesung's delighted eyes was the phonograph situated at the right coner of the cafe. It was well maintained, polished and dusted. 'It's worth the praises huh.'"This place looks good hyung. It's your type of place." Siwon was actually happy they decided to come here. He likes the ambiance, the classic jazz selections and the aroma of freshly brewed coffee.

 

Yesung was already beside himself itching to take pictures and selcas of the place. The staff's polite welcome fell into deaf ears as they were pretty overwhelmed at how fitting the cafe is to their taste. Siwon was quicker to snap out from his reverie and smiled at the staff waiting for them to place an order.He walked over to the counter and was happier to inspect the cake displays and coffee menu. "Hello, welcome to Sensaccion. What can I get you?" the lady at the counter was more than happy to serve her new customers. Who'd have thought that she would get to meet idol from Super Junior. She might not be a part of their passionate fandom but she knew well enough who entered their shop as soon as they stepped into the foyer.

 

The owner practices strict confidentiality and privacy. Staffs aren't allowed to take pictures of or with celebrities. It was disappointing at first but she got used to it. Besides, celebrities appreciate the policy and most of them return to hangout. So she's happy with the current setup.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter