four

The Devil's Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How does a demon look like? I  mean, how should I dress up? Do I need to use a tunica or something?” Irene babbled to herself. She looked at her reflection in the mirror. 

“What’s a… you know what? Nevermind.” She laughed from across the room, surprising Irene. The afterlife was very different from what she had expected. It was… peaceful, from what she had seen. Wendy didn’t want to show her the ugly part and Irene was fine with it. 

“How do I look?” Wendy asked while entering the room. 

Irene observed the red dress cutting at the knees, the elegant, black shoes and the hair falling to her shoulders. 

“You look… astounding.” She said, regretting her word election. 

Wendy smiled at her. 

“Thanks, Joohyun. And no, you don’t need a tunica, we don’t do satanic rituals. At least not in this zone.” She shrugged. “You look stunning, by the way.” 

Irene blushed even more. Wendy made her nervous for multiple reasons and among those was not her origin. 

“Do you mind if we go already? We’re running late.” Wendy offered her hand and Joohyun took it with no doubt. 


 

➸➸➸

 

The prom party was more formal than Irene had imagined and she felt underdressed. However, Wendy assured her that she was perfect just like that, with jeans and a white shirt. She was sure Wendy was only being kind. 

“Can we go to the restroom first?” Irene asked, making a face that Wendy could not resist. 

“Sure, here we go. I will wait outside.”

The girl nodded, entering the restroom and leaving Wendy alone. 

The demon girl started to hum for herself, ‘till she noticed a group getting close to her. She frowned, standing between the door and the group to block it in case it was necessary. 

“Weirdo.” Said one of them, pushing the little girl against the closed door. 

Wendy grumbled in pain, but she didn’t say anything. 

“Now you don’t talk?” Asked one of the girls that were with them. She didn’t wait for Wendy to answer and this time she held her against the door, making the boys hit her in the stomach. 

Wendy fell, coughing and covering her abdomen with both hands. 

“You lost.” Said one of them. 

“N… No…” She tried to answer,but she was out of breath. 

They made her stand, grabbing her by the arms and then, when they were about to hit her again, the door opened with a strong push.

“Get your hands off of her.” Irene said, raging. “Now!”

The group looked at her perplex, because it was evident that Wendy had won. They release her, letting her fall to the floor. 

“Are… you really Bae Irene?” One of the girls asked, trying to get close to her. 

Irene ignored her, kneeling down beside Wendy. 

“Sorry I’m late.”

Wendy smiled, despite everything else. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter