Parkourable Kim Chaewon

The Faraway Nation

Chaewon's POV

"Ha...ha...ha...."Damn....how long does it takes to travel to this kingdom.Even for a mercenary like me,I still find this particular kingdom that I'm planning to go to is strange as it is very distant.It's away from all the other 5 kingdoms but somehow there's still a lot of people going back and forth from this kingdom.As I kept walking,I saw carriages,merchants all going towards the kingdom.I wonder what's so special about it.

 

But damn was I awestruck when I arrived at the said kingdom and saw that literally everyone in this place are wearing robes.I thought healers are a rare sight but this proved otherwise.Guess I can only settle down for the night in the nearby inn.

 

"Hello there!Welcome to The Lake Inn!"a ducky voice greeted me.Wait...is this how ducks sound like when they speak human language?Hmm...maybe it's just my imagination but I'm pretty sure this voice sounds a lot like a duck.

 

"Are you perhaps staying over for a night?Our inn has the cheapest price ever since well we're the only inn here."The 'duck' said again.

 

"Wait,what?Is this kingdom deserted or what.How can it only has one inn??"I asked due to my curiousity because never in my life had I went to a kingdom that only has one inn although I'm pretty sure I've heard about this inn's name somewhere before.

 

"Well...I guess we kinda just crushed the other inns' bussiness."Wow,did she just said that as if it doesn't concern her even one bit.

 

"What the hell,Yena?!?!?I just went out for a while and you start telling bull about our inn to the customers?"Another girl stomped her way towards the front desk,she seems angry.

 

"But you can't deny it,Yul-ah it's the truth...."Now the 'duck' has a very sad face after being scolded.

 

Alright,I think it's time I break off this conversation.I don't want no part in such bull debate.

 

"Ummm...excuse me but I would like to stay a night here so can you just tell me the price so that I can pay up?"I asked.

 

"EVERYBODY!THE QUEEN IS JUST OUT AT THE STREETS!"A random person that came in the front door shouted.I must admit,I'm somehow a little curious as to how the Queen of this kingdom look like but what the actual ....did everyone including the innkeepers freakin dash out into the streets when they heard that.Can't I just get the damn key so that I can go up to the room and rest after such long journey.

 

Guess fate really wants me to have no choice but to go out too.

 

By the time I got out from the inn,the whole street was jammed,even carriages have to move aside to make way.Everyone opened up a wide path in the middle of the road.That's likely to be where the Queen is going to pass through.

 

As people started cheering,I can't manage to catch a glimpse of what's going on there.Feeling defeated,I decided to climb up a nearby roof to get a much better view.Wonder how I managed to do that,you say?Ever heard of parkour?Yeah,there goes your answer.I might not look like it but I'm actually one of the top ranked mercenaries among all 6 kingdoms.Climbing up peoples' house rooftop is just part of my daily life.

 

As expected,magicians began showing off their skills and all to welcome the Queen.I guess it's their way of going eco friendly since they replaced using gunpowder to create fireworks with this.But what I didn't expected is when some stupid kids started using magic and some of it actually hit me straight in my chest.I do admit that it's too small to hurt me but damn it still stings and to make things worse,another spark came flying towards me causing me to lose my balance and fall off from the roof.Great....just nice.

 

What a day,I must say...to fall on the floor right in the middle of the ing road and right in front of someone.

 

"Umm,are you okay?"The person standing in front of me asked.

 

"Ugh,obviously no?But even if I'm not fine,I still have to pretend that I'm fine.That's how life goes."I answered knowing that I'm probably ed anyways.

 

With a 'so done with life' face,I stand up straight and finally manage to see the face of the person standing in front of me all this time.

 

The only thing that I notice right away is her puffy cheeks.It looks so fluffy...Ahh...how I wish I could pinch it.

 

The girl just keep looking at me with a face full of curiousity while I'm still staring at her cheeks.She's probably freakin out right now,seeing as a weirdo like me keep staring at her.Or that's what I thought until she suddenly flash me a very cute smile.

 

"You must be someone from the other kingdoms,you are clearly not a healer here based on your garments.Is there something you are here for?"She asked.

 

Now that she mentioned it,yeah I did came here for something.There's no harm in telling her right?Not to mention that I'm already being stared at by the crowd of people since I'm literally standing in the middle of the road right now.

 

"I heard people here are good at making healing potions so I'm here to receive training for making them"I stated bluntly.

 

"Ah~As expected,it's more fun outside than inside the castle since I can meet people like you who just flew out from nowhere into the middle of the road."She chuckled very cutely after saying that.Hmm...did she just said castle?

 

"I'm Honda Hitomi,the Queen of the Honda Nation.Nice to meet you and what's your name by the way?"WAIT,WHAT,THIS GIRL'S THE FREAKIN QUEEN?B-BUT SHE'S SO CUTE!OKAY,calm down.First of all,why am I not being killed yet for blocking the Queen's way and she's actually asking for my nameeee.Am I going to get captured and locked up in the castle prison??But that smile though,it can't be right??

 

"I-I'm K-Kim C-Chaewon."Wow,how great,what is talking,I only know stuttering right now.

 

"Hmm..Chaewon,what a nice name.Drop by the castle tomorrow okay?~I'll informed the guards to let you through so don't worry"Again with that smile of hers,arghh.But did she just called me to drop by the castle tomorrow...It's already guaranteed that I will be locked up huh.Well..here goes my life.I merely nodded after she said that.I'M DOOMEDDDD.

 

I kinda got a hunch that my life will no longer be the same anymore after that incident...