The start of an ending

The Fallacy of Us

"He cried over you," the black-haired man spatted. "He cried over you for days!" eyes shooting daggers and words piercing Jaebeom's heart.

“Oh, so you know,” the elder male nonchalantly said.

“Oh, so you know? What the was that supposed to mean?” he rebutted, confusion laced his voice.

“I just told you, he cried over you for days, and all you have to say is ‘Oh, so you know?’” Jinyoung said between huffs--- trying his best not to kick Jaebeom until he is on his knees.

"I know." Jaebeom mumbled--- soft enough for Jinyoung not to hear if he wasn't paying attention.

"Then why, hyung? Why didn't you reach out to him?" Jinyoung asked, eyes full of concern; the difference from his sudden outburst seconds ago is undeniably alarming.

"Why didn't you give Youngjae the closure he needs?" The younger male continued still eyeing his bestfriend for almost a decade.

 

He does not want any confrontation or to agitate the situation more, but he also cannot just sit down when he knows there’s something wrong on the sudden break-up of the group’s leader and sunshine.

The sudden shift on Jaebeom’s and Youngjae’s dynamic during their dance practice three days ago was enough to create blaring alarms in his head.

He was not the only one who noticed the sudden change of atmosphere between the two, everyone was left in the dark on what was happening, it was Mark who approached him one time after their daily practice and told him some of his observations, “Let us not think it that way, they love each other so much for that to happen,” he said but anxiety was evident on his voice as he uttered those words to the older male.

It was until he received an emergency call from the said man at an ungodly hour.

Never in his wildest dreams to find the sunshine of their group looking so devastated and burn-out--- the younger’s sleeping form all bundled at the elder’s bed, streaks of dry tears evident on his cheeks, “he passed-out after crying,” Mark said in gritted teeth, ready to throw some punch.

 

The squeak from the leathered swivel chair broke his thoughts and he was back again at the badly lit studio room of Jaebeom.

Silence impregnated the whole studio; only the soft buzzing sound of the air-conditioning system can be heard.

Jinyoung closely watch his bestfriend's moves, waiting for his answer.

While Jaebeom on the other hand, eyes still fixated on the computer in front of him, gaze still lingering on the unfinished song currently paused at the moment.

Seconds, minutes passed by and Jinyoung's patience was wearing thin. He, for sure knows JB isn't going to answer him.

He knows their leader for so long now, that extracting some answer from him will never be easy. Especially this time.

"Damn it, Im Jaebeom. How hard is it to answer my question?" the younger male said, fist clenched--- a gesture Jaebeom knows his bestfriend does when he is controlling his rage.

"Because I am hurting too!" Jaebeom shouted. Jinyoung was taken aback by his bestfriend's sudden outburst.

And he is not going to lie, he did not expect to hear that kind of answer from Jaebeom as well; Maybe a "none of your business" is.

"Because I am afraid, Jinyoung....

I am afraid."

Jaebeom's steady voice breaks at the end and that's how Jinyoung noticed that the elder is holding back his tears.

"I am afraid that if I see him crying in front of me, I will apologize and beg for him back!" Jaebeom yelled.

Jinyoung stood up from the cushioned seat and swivel the other's chair with haste that made Jaebeom look at him---the look at his bestfriend's eyes made Jinyoung loss for words. He can only describe it as empty and devastated.

"Then do it, hyung. Apologize and get him back."

Jaebeom's gaze dropped.

"I can't, Jinyoung," he whispered,

"I won't".

Jinyoung was about to rebut but his words were cut-off when Jaebeom continued, and his next words made a sole-tear escaped in Jinyoung's eyes.

"I can't hurt Youngjae any more than I already have,” Jaebeom said swiveling his chair back to face the unfinished song he wrote for a certain young brunette lad, while tears freely flowing down his cheeks.