•1•

Afterworld

 

Yesung wriggles in pain on the cold floor. He is biting on his leather belt because if he yells in pain then someone can find him. He is half , his pants are laying next to him and a little bit of blood is running down his thighs. His small hands grip his thick hoodie and he almost fainted because of the huge wave of pain. Finally he managed to push out his baby and almost immediately sat up. He is crying in pain and wants to rest for a while but he cant. Yesung lifted his new born son and cut the umbilical cord and pushed out his placenta. Then he cleaned the baby with a towel and diapered him. Yesung prepared everything few days ago. He found this small house and brought things for the baby and some food. He needs to leave soon. He has already spent too much time in here.

 

Yesung wrapped his son in a blanket and then laid down for a while. His body hurts but it is almost morning and he needs to start walking again. He needs to get away from bigger cities where bad people live. Yesung cleaned himself and then got dressed. He put his heavy bag on his back and then lifted his son who got name Ryeowook as his dead father. Yesung tied another blanket around his chest and son so he created some kind of a baby carrier and starts to walk. Well it looks more like a limping, after all he gave birth two hours ago. Yesung is paying attention if someone isn’t watching them. He has a gun but he isn’t sure if he can use it. His son is luckily sleeping and Yesung found a small supermarket. He walks in through the broken glass door and tries to find some food. Many people before took food from here so Yesung only managed to find a can of sweet corn and bag of some cereals. He sat down and eats some of the corn and then feeds his baby. He leaned against a wall behind him and got lost in his memories.

 

8 months ago

 

Yesung and his husband Ryeowook found out that he is pregnant. It was one good thing in world which started to turn into darkness. Wars in Europe, war between China and USA. Then the diseases hit. They thought that these kind of illnesses are gone from modern world but now they started to appear again. Millions of people were dying every day and Ryeowook tried to keep his husband safe. It was hard because everyone went crazy. People were killing each other over gas or food. Yesung was four months pregnant when Ryeowook got ill too. He died in few days and Yesung buried him in garden behind their house. Then he heard about boats which are taking few peoples away on clean islands in middle of ocean. He tried to get on one, but it was useless. He was too weak to fight in the huge crowded harbour with desperate people who were trying to get their kids on the boats. Yesung wanted his baby to be safe, he doesn’t need to live he only needs to get his baby in safety. He watched the boats leaving and heading away when suddenly one of them exploded. He doesn’t know what happened, but he lost his hope to get his baby in safety. He joined a group of quite kind people and stayed with them for three months but then they got ill too and Yesung was forced to leave. It is hard to be alone and heavily pregnant. He tried to find a safe place but there are so many bad people running around. Humans are now acting like a beasts, so it is better to be alone.

 

His son is done so Yesung got up again. He is dragging himself away from the city and when a night came he got in a house. He laid down in bed and laid Ryeowook next to him. They need to get some rest.

 

Yesung is woken up by a hard kick in his ribs. He gasped and looked around on the men who are standing above him. Suddenly he spotted that one of them is holding the small bundle.

 

“No! Please give him back!”

 

Yesung jumped up to take his son but they kicked him again. He fell down and coughed a bit of blood.

 

“Be good and your baby wont get hurt.”

 

Yesung is crying when they ripped of his clothes. He is shivering in cold while they take turns in him. Yesung is crying and screaming in pain but he has to endure it if he wants to protect his son. The men not only him but then also beat him up and finally left.

Yesung is somewhere between being awake and unconscious. He hears Ryeowook’s crying but can’t get up. Everything hurts so much and then a shadow appeared. Yesung is scared that they are back but the it doesn’t touch him. The shadow is gone again and Yesung stares on the grey ceiling.

 

After while the shadow is back with another shadows and they covered him with something warm. His baby is suddenly silent and Yesung passed out.

 

Siwon heard the terrible screaming and crying and sneaked to the house where he found group of men some small man. There is a baby on a bed and Siwon waits until the men finished and left. Then he sneaked inside and thinks about what to do. The man looks almost dead and Siwon ran to a mall where are people from their small safe village. Leeteuk and Kangin run with him to the house and gasped when they saw the beaten up and man. Leeteuk took the baby while Kangin covered the young man with a blanket. Then Kangin lifted him and they walked back to their car. Siwon stayed behind for few minutes but then jumped in the car too. They hurry in the village which is hidden in mountains.

 

Around their village are high walls. Right after everything started to be too much ed up, Leeteuk packed his family and friends and they went here. This village was an open-air museum, so they only made the walls stronger and it is safe now. Now thirty people live here, they have cows, chicken and more animals. They have everything what they need and only sometimes go in cities for things which they can’t make.

 

They arrived and Kangin hurries to Leeteuk’s house. Leeteuk’s wife Heechul was a nurse so he can treat this man. Heechul is panicking and this that someone attacked their village again but then spotted the almost dead man in Kangin’s arms. They have a hospital room in their house with things from a near hospital. Heechul is watching the young man and cries.

 

“I was only a nurse! I am not a doctor!”

 

Heechul has no idea what to do. He can fix smaller injuries but not this. The man is bleeding badly and Leeteuk patted Heechul’s back.

 

“You can do this! I know that you can save him.”

 

Heechul then saw the baby in Leeteuk’s arms and gasped. He has to save him, or this tiny baby will be an orphan. Heechul takes a bottle of disinfection and few rolls of gauze and starts to clean this man’s bloody face. He is shaking while sewing the wounds in his face and then took of his pants. This doesn’t look good and he is bleeding quite a lot. Heechul is cleaning the blood and dried until he found the place from where he bleeds the most. He is trying to not feel sick, but it is hard. Finally he stopped the bleeding and cleaned his hands. Now he has to wait if are his knowledges enough. Then Heechul needs to do one more thing. He put a small white pill in the man’s mouth and holds a cup of water close to his dry lips. The pill is going to make sure that the man isn’t going to get pregnant after being .

 

Leeteuk laid the baby in a basket next to his son Kyuhyun and then takes the man’s bag. In his bag are some diapers for the baby, few pieces of clothes and bag of cereals. Then Leeteuk found a gun and few bullets but the man doesn’t look like he can use it. Leeteuk grabbed a wallet made from brown leather. Inside are the man’s documents. Now they at least know his name. Kim Yesung. Then there is a photo of two smiling men and a golden ring. Leeteuk put the things back in the bag and looked on the baby. He needs to save them.

 

Heechul is taking care of the man and his baby. He is feeding him together with his son and checks if Yesung doesn’t have an infection. He was a nurse, but he still doesn’t know many things. He has a medicine books in his room, but it isn’t the same to read about the things without chance to ask some real doctor. Heechul is feeding the two babies in room where is lying Yesung. He thinks that the baby needs to be close to his mommy and he is calmer in this room. Heechul then slowly laid the babies in a basket and turned to the man. It is time to check his wounds and then Heechul lifted the blanket and looked between his legs. It is healing nicely but he still isn’t waking up and it is making him worried.

 

It is deep night when Yesung opened his eyes. Everything hurts but he has to move. His Ryeowook is somewhere here. Yesung fell of the bed but still crawls. He has to find his son. Yesung is whimpering in pain and feels that he is bleeding again but crawls farther. Heechul goes to get himself a glass of water but then he tripped over something. He yelled in surprise when he saw Yesung sprawled on floor in the hallway. Leeteuk is up immediately after hearing the yelling and then something grabbed his ankle.

 

“Where is my son?!”

 

Siwon walked out of next bedroom and immediately went to the crying man. He carefully lifted him and carried him in Leeteuk’s bedroom. There he stands above the basket where is sleeping his son and Yesung weakly cries. His baby is safe and sleeping happily. Heechul treated his wounds again and tucked him in bed. Suddenly the babies start to cry and Heechul brings little Ryeowook. He laid him on Yesung’s chest and he started to feed him. Heechul is watching them and then asked.

 

“When did you give birth to your son?”

 

Yesung’s mind is foggy but after while he remembers.

 

“Sixth March.”

 

Leeteuk is slowly counting. Six March was seven days ago. They found Yesung five days ago.

 

“They you two days after giving birth?!”

 

Yesung nodded silently but he has no idea that he has been here for seven days.

 

“And you were alone? You delivered the baby on your own?!”

 

Heechul is shocked because he knows how much painful and exhausting was giving birth to his Kyuhyun. And Yesung did it all on his own.

 

“I just bit on my belt to prevent myself from screaming.”

 

Yesung looked on his bed and his cheek. They are silently watching the hungry baby and his mommy who suffered so much for him. Soon the baby and his mommy fell asleep and everyone goes back in bed.

 

In the morning Heechul cooked a special breakfast only for their guest and carried it in his bedroom. Yesung is slowly sipping the warm broth and Heechul is watching him. This young man looks so hungry and desperate that he had to kill one of their chickens. He cooked the broth especially for him because he needs to be strong.

 

“Can I touch your baby?”

 

Yesung stopped eating and glares on Heechul. Then he looked on his son. Heechul probably won’t hurt him, he gave him the clean blanket and even a pacifier. Yesung slowly nodded and watches Heechul carefully lifting the baby.

 

“Ryeowook was name of my husband. He died like six months ago.”

 

Heechul nodded. His brother was only ten years old when he died because of some illness. Heechul is gently bouncing the baby and then sat down on a bed.

 

“Siwon found you, he wanted to meet your baby too, but I wasn’t sure if you would say yes.”

 

Yesung nodded after while and Heechul goes to get him. The handsome man came and slightly bowed to Yesung.

 

“I just wanted to see if you are okay.”

 

Yesung bowed to him too and thanked him for saving his life and his baby. Siwon is watching him because he finds him beautiful.

 

“I have a gift for your son, if you want it.”

 

He showed the stuffed toy to Yesung who smiled. This is really cute. He laid the toy next to his son and Ryeowook’s tiny hand wrapped around it.

 

“I only wanted to say that I have a free room in my house if you want to stay here.”

Yesung weakly nodded and Siwon quickly left. Heechul grinned because he knows that Siwon is in love with him. Yesung feels it too but he can’t forget about his husband so easily. Ryeowook was everything for him and burying his dead body almost killed him too. Maybe later he will love some man again so Siwon has to wait a bit for getting closer with him.