Chapter 1

Villain in demise

Once blinked.

Twice blinked.

            Hye Joo gasped at the sight of the 10-year-old first prince of Nelsion in front of her -completely unaware of the bruise on her forehead. She did not expect the story would go on faster and she would meet the protagonist of the game. It had been 2 days since she realised that she had been reincarnated as the villain in the game she previously played in her former life.

            Now, in front of her was the first wall she needed to climb or crush in order survive this life -the man she would be betrothed to, the soon to be the king. If she gets into his bad side, he would behead her first thing since he was a well-known to be the short-tempered royal.

And to her despair, she remembered that the first prince asked Lady Haerin for her hand in marriage since their first encounter. Which was now. It was nothing platonic though, it was to avoid the hassle of having the ladies bothering him. And in the otome game, Hye Joo remembered that Haerin was fine with it and had loved the first prince one-sidedly. At the end, to marry his love, the heroine, the prince framed Haerin and got her executed.

It will be okay, I just need to prevent being his fiancé and I can prevent death.

 

“Are you okay?”

“Uhm, I think she need to see a doctor”

“Let me carry her, prince.”

 

At the sense of a touch on her shoulder, Hye Joo flinched and gained her consciousness, “It’s alright, I’m alright, your highness,” she bowed her head. I need to prevent the engagement in all cost – then I would not need to deal with the royalty no more.

“You are everything but alright, Lady Haerin. Let the royal doctor tend your bruise, the fall did give you a huge bruise after all,” Kim Jongin the first prince of Nelsion gave away his famous smile and grinned as he pointed at Hye Joo’s forehead. Hye Joo grimaced at the sight as she recalled the scene of him beheading Lady Haerin at the ending of her otome game.

Jongin’s smile faded away as he was caught off-guard by the response- although it was for a second glimpse, Jongin was sure that the Lady Haerin had a darken expression on her. He thought that she was another ordinary ladies that were his bride candidates and he did heard from rumours that Lady Haerin was the most excelling candidate so far and was more than thrilled towards the engagement.  

“If that is what you wish, your highness,” Hye Joo walked herself into the pharmacy and got her bruise tended. After an hour of treating her injury, Hye Joo decided to escape from Kim Jongin’s sight but failed miserably when she was caught climbing the tree.

“Ahem, I think it may be inappropriate for a lady to climb tree. You might get another injury, Lady Haerin. It must be a good idea to get down from there before your attendant notice what you are doing,” Jongin said, slightly threatening as he smirked, “and Lady Haerin, I can see your underpant from my view below.”

Hye Joo flushed and proceed to climb down slowly while trying to clasp the hem of her skirt afraid that the first prince would see her underpant furthermore. But, she lost her grip on the tree and fell. Hye Joo shut her eyes and waited for the impact of falling hard on the ground but the pain never arrived. Slowly, she lifted her eyelids and was surprised that brown iris came into view. She was mesmerized by the pair of brown pupils that she did not notice that she was in the arms of the first prince.

“Ack, I-I’m sorry, your highness,” Hye Joo yelped and bowed her head. Hell no, I might be executed soon. So, she shut both of her eyes.

Jongin laughed. He laughed. Hye Joo widened her eyes.

“you are an interesting lady, I’ve made up my mind now,” first prince wiped his tears by the sudden outburst. He found Hye Joo was entertaining and peculiar in a good way.

Kim Jongin got down on one knee and pulled Hye Joo’s hand gracefully. He landed a sweet yet burning kiss on the back of her hand and looked straight into her eyes.

“Be mine. I will make you my queen, this country queen.”

She was bewildered, “EXCUSE ME?”

Mission to avoid the first prince: FAILED MISERABLY