The Truth Untold

Scenery

Truth

(tro͞oTH) ​​​​

->  that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality

Untold

( ˌənˈtōld)

->  not told, not revealed

<------------------------------>

it was a fact that taehyung loved cameras.

he loved the concept of being able to capture pure, raw, emotions and memories you can't ever go back to with it.

he loved the concept of a photo - a single, inanimate thing - being able to hold everything in the memory - the scene - it depicted.

and perhaps the reason why he loved them so much, was because his mind worked like one. with every beauty that he saw right in front of him, he wanted to be able to save it for forever in his memory.

which was why he was so amazed when he was able to find a way - a physical, tangible way - to be able to do it: with a camera.

<------------------------------>

taehyung always had this desire to photograph the things, the moments, the people, he loved.

he loved the idea of being able to capture a temporary, fleeting thing with something that could last forever. so whenever he wanted to, he could look back at them with just a single photo.

he wanted to photograph this moment of this concert with his camera.

because no matter how many times they could come back and perform in this arena, what was now, could never be replicated in the future.

he wanted to save the scenery of their fans, their precious ARMYs, singing along with them as they sung their song - a song of being able to learn to love themselves.

he wanted to save the view of the purple ocean right in front of them, a scene that was so beautiful, absolutely breathtaking.

he wanted to save the sight of s' faces, filled with pure happiness and love, in seeing the same scene he was.

he wanted to save the memory of them being right here, right now with him, making memories that would last a lifetime because he loved them so much.

jin, jungkook, jimin, hobi, yoongi, and-

snap!

his mind went.

namjoon.

<------------------------------>

taehyung loved all of s, held them so close to his heart.

but maybe, somehow, he always had something different for his leader.

his leader who was strong, amazing, inspiring, and the most beautiful person he ever met.

his leader, who, somewhere along the road of always looking up to him as he went and worked hard in everything he did and spent nights in his studio making the most beautiful songs, turned all the admiration he had into something more along the lines of love and being in love.

because it was true, he loves him.

he loves how his heart beats faster at the sight of his leader. he loves how his mind suddenly goes haywire at the smile the rapper sends his way. he loves how he feels so safe in his arms, never wanting to let go in their hug.

he loves how his heart just always unendingly prompts his mind or his hands to get a camera and snap a photo of the one it beats for.

he loves how his leader takes care of him secretly as s say, loves how soft he is when it comes to taehyung. he loves how namjoon looks at him - with adoration and love - like he does in return.

he loves how they are now, so casual and comfortable and easy with loving each other. and with the way namjoon rests his head on his shoulder and with him resting his head on his joonie's chest when they cuddle in his bed at night. he loves how, when they pass each other in the corridors of their dorm or when they're beside each other on the couch, namjoon puts his hands on his waist, pulls him closer to boop his nose before an eskimo kiss and kissing his forehead to softly whisper an i love you, tae to him. he loves the surge of warmth from the words and how he puts his face on the leader's neck to kiss his collarbones to whisper back,

"i love you too, joon."

<------------------------------>

he goes to his room with namjoon's kiss on his forehead and a soft peck on his lips to bid him a goodnight, taehyungie while softly his mint-colored hair in their hug still lingering.

he leans his back on the closed door, biting his lip from feeling the absolute euphoria from namjoon's kisses.

he feels so giddy, even after years of being with namjoon.

he remembers the first time of saying i love you, hyung in their practice room, dark in the night after the others have left from a day of tiring dancing. he remembers himself, young with bright orange hair and a heart running a marathon, scared of rejection after months of staring at his hyung from afar before eventually realizing one day that i'm in love with him.

he remembers his quick breathing, looking at the ground instead of his hyung's face, shocked with the sudden confession.

he remembers feeling an eternity pass before he hears an i love you too, taehyung. his head snaps up to see his hyung, face now filled with softness and love instead of shock.

he remembers faintly the words of i've loved you too for a long time now but i was just too scared because god, you're so pretty and amazing and- before he cuts him off, wrapping his arms around his leader's neck and kissing his soft, soft lips.

he remembers arms wrapping around his waist before separating their lips, exchanging whispers of i love you's in the air between them and between the flurry of kisses on his lips and all over his face.

we've changed so much since then,

the only thing that never did was how much we're in love.

he shakes his head, trying to shake away the feeling of too much giddiness.

god, what namjoon can do to him.

who even knew that a person can have so much effect on another to the point of total distraction from one's thoughts?

he remembers this one time when he-

no. no no no no no no no. NO.

how can namjoon even affect him this much without even having to be with him?

okay, taehyung. breathe.

he looks up, trying to prevent himself from looking at the floor, which counts as doing nothing and leading to thinking more of namjoon (which will just distract him from doing things even more). heading towards his desk, he sits down and pulls out his notebook, filled with ideas for songs (most of them are for or about his namjoonie hyung but shh).

recalling the moment earlier from the concert, he starts to write down lyrics to capture it.

camera. ARMYs. purple ocean. s.

love.

kim namjoon. namjoon hyung. namjoonie.

his joonie.

snap!

save?

yes >no

>yes no

click!

<------------------------------>

he goes to the studio the next day, heart ecstatic in having a song ready to be recorded and in seeing the person, his person, behind the door labelled,

Rkive.

knocking before entering the studio, he is greeted with the sight of namjoon (mine, mine, mine, god how even), turning his chair to face the door.

and once he sees who entered, he smiles that smile, heart-stopping, beautiful, bright, and most especially, just for his taehyung.

"hey taetae."

"hey hyungie," he says before settling on namjoon's lap, straddling him, and wrapping his arms around the older's neck.

he feels namjoon wrap his arms around his waist, peck his lips before softly kissing his nose, then his cheek.

eskimo kiss.

"do you need anything, love?"

"mm. i need you," that boxy smile that namjoon just adores.

a pinch on his left side.

"ah! hyungie~ wae, i always need you."

"i always need you too, babe, but seriously."

he pecks namjoon's lips softly.

"i wrote a song."

a kiss on his forehead, he closes his eyes, smiling.

"i wanted you to help me with the recording."

a kiss on his eyelids.

left.

right.

"it's a song for ARMY but it's really about you, you know."

a kiss on the tip of his nose before feeling namjoon's lips just less than a centimetre away from his.

"can you help me, hyung?"

he feels a warmth on his lips, and arms tightening around his waist, pulling him closer, closer, closer.

always.

<------------------------------>

they head to the studio, namjoon helping him immediately.

days later when he's ready to record it, namjoon is watching him, still in awe of his deep, alluring voice even after hearing it countless of times before.

he closes his eyes.

"i still wonder, wonder, beautiful story."

he remembers everything. the staring and pining for namjoon during trainee days, not knowing namjoon did the same for him. the nights and days of crying, missing his family. some more days of crying from having to sit near trash cans to hide while the members had a live, then his leader pulling him up by the arms after to hug him tight.

he remembers the sleepless nights when he saw all the hate comments and crying because of them, namjoon hugging him close and whispering endless it's okay's. he remembers the confession, the pure happiness he felt when his leader started to shower him with kisses of love.

he remembers nights sleeping beside each other, promises of them making it big in the future, making everyone proud.

"still wonder, wonder, best part."

he remembers just that happening, crying in namjoon's arms while namjoon holds back his tears because finally, finally.

he remembers trophies and invitations to award shows. winning first place. receiving the award while making impromptu speeches. breaking records worldwide with their achievements.

he remembers standing in front of tens of thousands of fans, selling out arenas in mere minutes. remembers how they had to invite fans for free before to fill up an event for a hundred fans.

most of all, he remembers the constant warmth, presence, beside him that never fails to assure him that he is enough, more than enough. always dries his tears and makes him smile with his words, actions, his love.

the same warmth that was watching him outside the room.

"i still wander, wander next story."

he wonders what will happen to the group next.

wonders what will happen to bts in the future.

if they will still top charts and have sold-out arenas in minutes.

if they will last like the sunbaenims they see who were able to last beyond enlistment, beyond a decade together.

he wonders next if he and namjoon will last along with the group.

wonders what their future will be, what it holds for them.

but through it all, he knows that no matter what, the love they share will get them past the hurdles.

love with ARMYs.

love with the members.

love with namjoon.

"i want to make you mine."

<------------------------------>

it's a fact that taehyung loves cameras.

he loves what they can do, what they could hold and save in photographs. he loves that the scenery he can see is stored for forever with just a single snap!

he loves that what he loves, he can see whenever with these photos.

he loves that it can capture namjoon in whatever view, because he loves namjoon and is absolutely in love with him.

he loves how namjoon can make anything a scenery, for as long as he's in the shot.

he loves how the camera can catch the beauty that is namjoon.

because he loves namjoon.

he is in love, so in love with namjoon.

and that is a fact.

<------------------------------>

epilogue

"i thought it was about me, tae."

"it is, joonie."

"well, it's kinda wrong then."

"i don't get it hyung."

"just that if it's about me, you don't need to make me yours. you already do."

that boxy smile and kisses being showered around his person's face.