It's Just Part Of The Job..

In On It..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They never really could have seen this coming in the early days..

They barely spent time together..

 

Until they debuted.

They too, were just like the other girls with dreams that they would fulfill together as 9..

 

Im Nayeon, Yoo Jeongyeon and Park Jihyo were all very well acquainted with one and other..

 

Hirai Momo, Minatozaki Sana and Myoui Mina all came here from Japan.

 

Kim Dahyun, Son Chaeyoung and another foreign member Chou Tzuyu, coming from Taiwan..

Would make the youngest part of the group..

 

They survived to debut together, practiced hard together..

 

But it came with rules, and later consequences..

 

The rule that would bring the consequence?

 

Fan service..

 

Fake it..

That's what they were told to do..

 

While all their relationships with each member was very real..

 

There was always their job to be done..

 

When Nayeon and Jeongyeon were together, a favorite pairing for most..

They made it easily believable with their long time friendship..

 

Sana and Momo..

Masters..

Something nobody was ever really quite sure about, those two girls were always something else.. 

 

But certainly were always believable with which ever member they were paired with in the moment..

 

I mean? Out of 9..

It's possible for someone to surely be what they are made pretend to be, right?..

 

It was pretty well rounded among the members, with whomever they would perform the acts with..

 

They'd make and break their own ships that they were made to put out..

 

But..

Mina and Chaeyoung..

 

They would come under the speculation the most..

But not so much in the early days of debut..

 

It wasn't until during their second year of being idols that it became apparent to the public, and that would then become something increasingly questionable..

 

The question on everyones mind?

Were they together or not?..

 

The looks.. the stares..

The almost uncontrollable reflex to hold hands..

 

It drove people nuts..

Like it was supposed to..

 

Because they had to fake it, right?..

 

 

An act..

 

That's how it started..

 

Chaeyoung was called to have a talk with their manager one day, Mina was there unexpectedly also, much to her surprise.

 

She was wearing a strange look on her face..

 

"Ah.. Chaeyoung, great! You're here, I was just discussing things with Mina.." They said.

 

"Oh right.."

Chaeyoung said as she took a seat beside her.

 

"I was just telling Mina about what the company has instructed, specifically for you two..

They have noticed that fans are very fond of yours and Mina's interactions.. and they'd very much like if the two of you would be seen together a lot.." Their manager explained to the two and Mina again.

 

They both looked at each other.

Chaeyoung noticed a look in Mina's eyes she hadn't seen before and Mina saw her glaze over as she took the news in.

 

"Ah okay.."

Chaeyoung said softly with a nod.

 

"You must be seen close together often, and exchange sweet acts and words with each other as much as possible.." They said.

 

They both nodded.

 

"Understood?"

Their manager asked with a soft smile.

 

The two left the meeting and headed back to their dorms.

 

They were alone as everyone else was out on their own schedules.

 

"Did you know that they'd ask us this?" Chaeyoung questioned.

 

Mina shook her head.

 

"No.. I had no idea.. I'm rather shocked to be honest.." She said softly.

 

"Do you think this is right?" Chaeyoung questioned with concern.

"No, I don't think we should fake and play up our relationship together.. I don't get why they want us.. all of us to act like this.." Mina admitted.

 

"What can we do though? It's our job.. we have to appeal to the public in many ways.." Chaeyoung said with guilt.

 

Mina looked at her with her famous gummy smile.

 

She raised her hand out to Chaeyoung.

 

"Well, I guess we have no choice..

So you know me Chaeyoung, and I like to do my best..

So if they want us to act like this, then let's show them how it's done." Mina said softly.

 

Chaeyoung took a hold of Mina's hand and smiled back at her with her dimpled smile.

 

And that's what they did, until it wasn't anymore..

 

An act..

 

 

They trained for this.. took classes for these things..

Acting..

 

Something they all had to have at least a bit of skill in with this job.

 

A smile nearly every second, every minute, every hour, just about everyday..

 

But what happens when the way you act for the public starts to mean more.. 

 

The smiles.. the stares..

 

All for you..

 

For them..

 

For me..

 

She's looking at me? Oh right!?

Chaeyoung thought as she had to reciprocate the gestures Mina was giving.

 

She then took a hold of her hand.

 

She was lost in Mina's gaze again..

 

"Chaeng?"

Mina said with a soft laugh.

 

"Huh.. oh sorry" she said as she came back to.

 

The two conversed as they now walked off stage.

 

"I almost could have believed you were in love with me then with how you were looking at me." Mina shyly joked.

"Ha, yeah.. well, gotta make it convincing." Chaeyoung said awkwardly as she put her hand on the back of her head.

 

But was she joking?..

That's what she was beginning to wonder.

 

Mina always had eyes on her.. always made a beeline for her..

 

Her looks became more increasingly stronger.

 

But then again.. it was just part of it..

Wasn't it?

 

The pull..

 

That's now the push..

 

To keep things safe..

They can't be too close..

 

They can't make this something too hard to diffuse, could they?..

 

Mina was now hanging around with other members.. Chaeyoung was too, but for some reason she couldn't help wishing it was Mina..

 

As much as she loves her fellow members, being around and close to Mina was becoming different to being with them..

 

Her quiet, gentle nature was comforting and reassuring..

 

And with a hold of the hand and a sweet smile.

 

It was making her feel many things more often..

 

And the instances of other members joking about things at times was becoming something she was finding herself defending.

 

"MITZU"

"NO.. IT'S MINE.. IT'S MICHAENG!"

 

But why would she do such a thing?

 

Oh.. it's just what she has to do..

Right?

 

 

Admission..

 

Was it real or not?

That's what Mina wondered..

 

That's what she was hoping..

 

Being around Chaeyoung makes her feel different..

When her and Chaeyoung weren't together, when they had to be apart and play up this act with other members it was difficult..

 

Before all of this was becoming apparent to her..

 

It was her and Momo..

They were the ones that were together more often.

 

"MiMo"

The dancers..

 

Momo was phenominal..

Not in just dancing..

 

But acting..

One she fell for..

 

One that hurt her, both of them..

A ship that would die hard..

 

One that people will wait for to resurface..

 

It stopped around the time Mina and Chaeyoung started to be together more often..

And especially after that peppero game that ended in a kiss..

 

Mina thought it was all fun and games, but Momo and Sana had other ideas..

 

As they got closer Sana pushed their heads together till their lips touched..

 

Momo wasn't shocked so much as she pretended to be..

Mina knew she was set up..

 

Momo clearly had some pact with Sana to help her kiss her.. because she knew the happenings of it were intentional..

She could see it on Momo's face..

 

Momo wanted that.. 

 

And Mina was flustered by it, and the whole situation..

 

Their relationship soured a little after it..

Who was more pissed about it at first, it wasn't apparent, but it didn't take long to move past..

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter