Feelings

KLWKN

There's nothing Jeongyeon want than to go home and play her new lego which Mina bought her from Japan but instead she let Sana dragged her to a stupid party where she felt out of place.

"Please Jeongyeonie... I need you there to make me calm."

"Seriously tho we can just stay and watch movie or something."

"But it's my only chance to tell Akiro how I felt. You know I liked him. Please Jeongyeonie.. I'll buy you the new lego I saw from the market."

"Fine~"

If Jeongyeon knew she would be left out once they arrived at the party she would deny Sana's pleading. Bona one of her friend, she had a crush on for awhile drag her towards the kitchen giving her a red cup.

She knows it's a beer. She pour it back then grab a soda instead pouring it on the cup.

"Still the same Yoo." Bona chuckled watching her.

"Bona! There you are. I need to talk to you." A man came up from behind her.

Bona looked at her asking for a permission. "Go ahead I'll be fine here."

"Thanks Jeong."

She nods before letting the ma dragged her away from the kitchen. Sighs Jeongyeon walk through the garden from the kitchen nack door, a red cup on her hand. Greeting some familiar faces she sat not too far from the party where she could still hear the music from inside but not too near to be seen by anyone.

She wants to leave but she couldn't bear to leave her bestfriend alone with a bunch of drunk students. She just can't leave Sana with anyone for that matter.

Gulping down the remaining soda she threw it watching the students get lost at the party. She used to go to party before with Nayeon and Jihyo who likes to go out alot, until she just stopped. Nowadays she just likes staying in her room or playing video games with Mina or hanging out with Dahyun and Chaeyoung, watching new movies with Momo and Tzuyu. Sana is one of the popular girls in school, being the school's cheer captain she's always invited to every party of any club in school so her time for Jeongyeon was always when she invited her to be her designated driver after a party. Jeongyeon never complained.

Her phone buzz from her pocket indicating she received a text.

From: Sana-chan 👭💙
Where are you?

She quickly typed a reply.

To: Sana-chan 👭💙
Garden. Not too far from the house. Everything okay?

From: Sana-chan 👭💙
No. Can we go home?

To: Sana-chan 👭💙
omw.

She put her phone back in her pocket and walked back to driveway where her car is located. Sana was leaning on the door looking at her phone as her legs starts bouncing.

"Hey.."

Sana looked at her with no expression. Jeongyeon didn't ask. She let her inside the car and they drove away from the party.

Sana didn't talk just lean on the window closing her eyes. Jeongyeon didn't ask. She the radio lowering it's volume.

"Akiro..." Sana starts to speak still not looking at her. Jeongyeon let her continue. "He didn't liked me."

Jeongyeon hum watching Sana from time to time. Sana looked at her smiling sadly. Jeongyeon reached for her hand squeezing it lightly.

"He doesn't deserve you anyway."

"Am I ugly?" Jeongyeon stopped the car beside the road looking sana seriously how can someone so pretty thought she's an ugly person?

"No! Sana listen to me you are not ugly, hell you are the prettiest person I've known my whole life."

"Prettier than Bona?"

"What does Bona have to do with this?"

"You liked her."

"Oh."

"I'm sorry." Sana looked down feeling embarrassed.

"No. No. Don't. Bona.. she's my friend. I liked her before but not anymore. Yeah she's pretty but she's not as pretty as you Sana."

"Jeongyeon do you like me?"

"What?" Jeongyeon let go of her hand. Extremely overwhelmed by her own feeling. What is she gonna answer "yes Sana, since I saw you walk by the library laughing with Mina. Since Mina introduced you to me. Since you transferred school in grade 7th."

"Forget it. I'm sorry I asked too many question. Let's just go home."

Sana move back in her place looking outside the window. Jeongyeon continue driving sparing a glance at Sana who sigh every once in a while.

"This is not my way home Jeongyeon."

"I know. We're going somewhere." Jeongyeon answered.

"I'm tired Jeong."

"I know. Just trust me okay."

"I do. Just please tell me where are we going."

"There's a carnival outside town. Jihyo asked me to go with her and Nayeon but I said no."

"Because of me?"

"Well not exactly. You asked me to go with you and since Nayeon is with Jihyo no one is going to be there with you so I said no to them but that's not important. I'm tired of being their third wheel." Jeongyeon chuckles then continue. "The carnival have a lantern lightning at midnight we still have an hour so please take a rest I'll wake you up when we arrive."

"No no I'm fine. I'll stay with you." Sana shakes her head looking at Jeongyeon.

"You always do." Jeongyeon smiled.

Sana smiled for the first time since they got inside the car. She was never sad because of Akiro she knows the man never returned her feelings but it's the only way she can avoid any feelings she has for Jeongyeon. It scared her that if she ever confess it's going to break their friendship and she's not sure if she's willing to take the risk. There are many what ifs in her mind.

"You smiled. I hate seeing you sad Sana. All this boys doesn't deserve you in any way. You deserve someone who can treat you and love you as much as you love them and someone who is always there for you."

"Like you Jeong?"

"Yeah.." Sana answered instead.

The ride was silent until they reach the carnival. Jeongyeon quickly got out waiting for Sana.

"I'll pay for the tickets don't worry." Jeongyeon grabbed her hand and they paid for the entrance.

"We still have 30 minutes left do you want to eat first?"

"I'm fine. I just want to sit down for awhile."

"Oh okay okay. Let's sit down."

They walk not too far from many people. She wanted to give Sana a nice and quiet ambiance, they settled on the grass waiting for the lighting of the lanterns. She moved closer to Sana not putting any space between them.

"Wow the stars looks pretty here. There are millions of them. Look!" Sana blurted looking up the sky. Jeongyeon doesn't deny how the sky is so clear that all the stars can be shown but instead she focus her eyes at Sana, how her eyes shine staring at the stars.

"Yes they're very pretty." Jeongyeon mouthed not really caring whether she would be caught staring at her bestfriend.

"Wha-" Sana turned to looked at her their face are too close nose are touching. Jeongyeon held her breath. She never expected Sana to turn. Never expected how Sana froze in her place not daring to move. Never expected how Sana leaned in, their lips touching. Never expected how her hands moved cupping Sana's face retorating the kiss. Never expected how Sana's tears fall from her eyes, Jeongyeon quickly move away her face, worried that she might ed everything up.

"Sana.." moving her hands but was stopped by Sana.

"Don't.. just please kiss me again." Sana plead.

"You're crying. I'm sorry-

"Please.."

Jeongyeon wipe her tears with her thumb leaning in to kiss her forehead. Sana close her eyes.

"I've always wanted to do that." Jeongyeon confess.

"Do what?"

"Kiss you. I've always wanted to kiss you." Jeongyeon tell shyly.

"But you didn't answer when I asked you if you like me."

"Because I don't." Sana moved away from her clearly hurt. Grabbing her things she get up waloong away from Jeongyeon.

"Sana wait!" Jeongyeon quickly followed grabbing Sana's arms.

Sana was crying and Jeongyeon want to hit her head a hundred times.

"You took me here made me feel special kissed me and you're telling me you don't like me? I know I'm not the best person in the world Jeongyeon, I made mistakes but playing with my feelings is so low. You can't just do that!"

"Sana let me finish"

"No! You hurt me enough I don't want to hear it anymore! Let me go!" Sana protest pulling her arms.

"No! I will never let you go. Hear me out Sana."

"Please Jeong stop this. I don't wanna hear it. If you don't like me fine. Just please let me go." Sana dropped on her knees.

Jeongyeon kneel infront of her wrapping her arms around Sana who even vried harder.

"Shhh. It's okay.."

"No! It is not fine! I liked you Jeongyeon, no scratch that, I love you! Since 8th grade I was scared to tell you bacause you might not feel the same and our friendship will be over. The boys I had a crush on? They are just reasons! reasons for me not to blurt out my feelings for you but you made me feel special. You... you're always there. You made me happy and I fall for even more. Akiro... I know he doesn't like me. I asked you to party to get my mind off things but when we arrived there you were pulled by Bona and I was pulled away from you and I can't stop thinking what were you two doing. so I texted you, I know it's selfish but I couldn't stand you seeing with someone who's not me. But you played with my feelings and I hate you!"

Jeongyeon let her tears dropped from her eyes not because she was hurt. Sana's confession was enough for her to take the risk she's been waiting for. Sana likes her, no. Sana loves her just as much as she loves her. It wasn't a one sided love. Jeongyeon feels her heart warm just by holding Sana close to her.

"I don't like you because I love you Sana." Jeongyeon answered. Sana stopped crying as soon as those words left .

"I love you.. since the day I saw you with Mina. Since the day she introduced you to me. I love you so much that I don't want to risk our friendship. I love you so much that I will let you be happy with someone else. Even if it hurts. I know I'm not the most vocal about my feelings towards you. I always avoid your kisses and affection. I was protecting myself Sana, because if I told you how I feel and you don't feel the same it's going to break me. I love it! Every kiss, hugs and cuddles. I love it so much I wanted to do it everyday with you."

"Y-you love me?" Sana asked not sure of what she's hearing.

Jeongyeon nods cupping her face. "I do."

Sana slapped her chest. "Ow! what was that for?" Jeongyeon groan rubbing her chest.

"You made me cry! I thought you didn't like me and our friendship will be over. I hate you."

"You didn't let me finish! You just run. I'm sorry."

"Who wouldn't run when someone you like doesn't like you back?" Sana chuckles bitterly.

Jeongyeon wiped Sana's tears with her hand. "I'm sorry. I wanted to hit myself when I saw you cry. Ugh I'm a terrible bestfriend I know."

"Yes you are but I still love you." Sana smiles getting up with the help of Jeongyeon.

"I know and I love you too." Jeongyeon kossed her forehead once again then bump it with her forehead.

Loud screams was heard all over the place not because of them but the lantern was being lighted. Sana looked up in awe.

"Woah It's too pretty."

"It is." Jeongyeon looked up then back at Sana. "But you're prettier."

Sana hide her blush wrapping her arms around Jeongyeon's waist hiding her face in her neck. Jeongyeon chuckles pulling sana close.

"I love you" they both said then laugh. Jeongyeon cupped her face leaning in. This time both are smiling.

Nayeon and Jihyo watch their bestfriends with a smile on their face. A little proud.

"Took them long enough." Jihyo intertwine their hands.

"Yeah. It was worth it tho look at them. Oh and you owe me 100 bucks. Sana was the one who confess first."

"Damn it. I know Jeongyeon would be too to do it but I still went with her. Would a kiss be fine love?" Jihyo wrapped her arms around Nayeon's waist pulling her close.

"A kiss would be fine. But 100 bucks would be better." Nayeon chuckled not letting Jihyo protest as she captured her lips.