Crushed Soul

In darkness

(Warning -  some violence 🚨)

She took a deep breath as She entered the school hallway, she could hear the chattering of other students and relied on her cane to guide her to where She wanted to go. People just pushed her and she tried her best to stay on track and not lose where she was going. She felt her eyes watering as she heard the sniggers from other students and she made her way to the bathroom and shut the door. She dropped the cane and her body fell to the floor and she felt tears rolling down her cheeks and she began to sob and didn’t even hear the bell go off. 

She eventually came out and tried to wipe her eyes. She heard footsteps and the sound became clearer as it came nearer. “Sunnee? What are you still doing in the bathrooms?” and Sunnee knew who’s voice it was and touched their face to make sure. “, I missed the bell again didn’t I?” and before Mengjie could reply she was already walking down the corridor. Sunnee knew she was going to be in trouble again and that her being late would reach her parents. 

As soon as she entered the classroom she wasn’t tripped over by a student and there was Chorus of laughs that followed. She got up and proceeded to find her seat and sit down. She couldn’t always find out who was tormenting her and it made reporting the bullying harder (not like her parents cared anyways). She fought back tears and tried to listen to the teacher. She was handed a sheet with Braille which was her school work and then she heard another sheet land on her desk. She touched the sheet but it didn’t have Braille so it wasn’t school work. She then heard a voice “Oh I’m sorry you can’t read it can you? It says You don’t deserve to live and nobody wants you here”. She knew who the voice belonged to and she bit her lip and didn’t retaliate. She tasted fresh blood as her lip bled but she barely noticed as she tried to stop the tears from running. 

She grabbed hold of her cane as soon as the bell went and grabbed her backpack with the other and walked as quickly as possible. She was rushing and she found herself unintentionally tripping someone over and she knew she was in trouble. Someone ripped her cane from her hands and before she could ask for it back she felt a fist hit her cheek and her body slid down the locker. She felt helpless and lost and she didn’t know how to fight back, She cried for help but nobody seemed to hear her cries and she just continued to let them beat her.

Eventually a teacher got the boys off of Sunnee but she had already been beaten unconscious and the boys had done what they want. An ambulance had to be called and her parents were alerted. Sunnee has woken up during the ambulance ride and she heard a voice trying to reassure her but she was confused and upset because she didn’t know what was going on or where she was and she didn’t have her cane. 

Her parents met her at the hospital, they didn’t even need to ask what happened because they knew what had happened and they no longer knew what to say to help their daughter. They had considered home schooling her but she needed interaction and they wouldn’t have time to stay at home and teach her.