ii. ╱ cheatsheet

we all looked up ╱ dusting off case files . . .
 
 
 
 
 
ABOUT scroll horizontally for more information
hi! i'm releasing the cheatsheet first so you guys can ask all the questions you have before the app is out to make your application.. filling out as smooth sailing as it can be + you guys can kind of figure out what kind of character you want your character to be!
 
i know the foreword did little to nothing to explain the actual story's premise so:
this is a murder mystery based around two murders that consecutively happen (relatively) back to back in south korea regarding a girl group (july) and a group of actors and actress staring in the drama send: i love you!. they're dubbed to as the deadly duo when spoken about together but each case has their own phrase that it's referred to throughout the case as the police tries to solve it before the trail runs cold.
 
the story itself is going to touch up on topics of south korea's hidden nastiness of corruption, fame (sasaengs, minor ion, etc.) and unforgiving viewpoint that the population holds and the toxic mindset that netizens have when it comes to their idols. it explores friendship, obsession and an unwillingness to change and shift blame unto others. the fic itself will be about darker themed things and thus will have trigger warnings. i'll try my best to label them all so please be forgiving if i accidentally write a chapter that you've asked me to tw and i forget :(
 
i know there are multiple plotlines in the story and i'll try my best to sort of explain everything. the plotlines in each case are split between group a (characters that are directly affected by the happenings: members of july or the main cast that were all close to one another) or group b (characters that are affected by the happenings but aren't in the general area when it happens: ie, cast members that aren't part of the main four or the boyfriend or the fansite master or the manager, etc.) but all the people listed as plotlines have a chance of becoming the ... murderer. [x-files theme song plays] you can apply up to twice but one has to be from group a and the other from group b if you choose to do so.
 
repeating myself, those that i've left as plotlines are all up for being the murderer of your respective cases. meaning! i've already chosen a murderer from each case and carefully (... i hope... it's not blaringly obvious...) crafted each of the requirements for the plots so that it's not obvious who's the murderer but everybody has their own problems that can lead up to them being suspects in the upcoming case.
 
i haven't chosen a plotline yet or made a character for i feel like that might be a bit unfair to those that aren't aware of who the killer is and would like to have a fair chance of (not) becoming the killer so i figured that i'd add in a character last to the role that is the least applied for! ^_____^ 
 
while i've taken a couple of fcs for the plotlines that have been set, feel free to use them if you truly want to and i'll change them if you let me know in advance!
 
✩ liu bella  — f(x)'s victoria
✩ kwak shieun — g-idle's soyeon
✩ tsai meiyun — twice's tzuyu
✩ jin hwaseon — ygk+'s myeongjin
✩ joo keesung — solo jihoon park
✩ cha eunyoung — weki meki's doyeon
✩ song soobin — the boyz' kevin
✩ do kangmin — stray kidz's woojin
APPLICATION
TURN IN  CODE ✩ EXAMPLE (AND CO.)
 
so i guess this is where i'll put all the information about the application? name and all that should be obvious!! appearance wise, height and weight and all that aren't too important but just remember that if the character you're applying with is famous (aka everybody but the fansite master lmao), chances are that they'll be on the much more slimmer side. just keep all that in mind when picking your basics.
 
faceclaims  i don't really care who you use as a face claim but as this fic touches up on darker things, please refrain from using idols that are minors. 18 and older are fine since they're all technically adults and yes, i know that things happen to minors irl but like? quite frankly, it's horrible but i don't want to make that a reality into my fic and i'm not comfortable with it so i guess it just to if you wanted to use someone that was like 17 years old. re-evaluate ur life yanasty.
 
personality  well rounded characters are my joy!! i know i gave all the plotlines a majority of "flaws" but it's not like the characters all have to be y to be a suspect. make them kind and give them a dirty secret or make them mean but have a strong front up. i just don't want them to be mary sues because how am i going to make your character a killer? you can write this however you want but if you could give me at least one paragraph desribing your character, that would be great. throw in anything else you want as long as you give me five defining personality traits and a paragraph fleshing your girl or guy out.
 
background  i know a person's background kind of gives insight to how a person is a way they are but please keep it short and sweet. just hit the points that are important to your character's personality or lifestyle! try to focus more on how your character became a member of july or became an actress/actor! as this is the entertainment world and some plots already have a background slightly written out for them (sponsors & nepotism), please include those into your application. 
 
one or two? both cases are going to have 3 - 4 questions that are pertaining to that case only. ie - those that are applying for case one will be asked what their position in july is compared to those that pick case two who'll be asked what character they'll be in sily. 
 
trivia  please give me relevant pieces of information! you guys can kind of determine what that is on your own volition like who am i to stop you and say that your character liking chocolate isn't important to the case but i guess it's just like. for example: if your character likes chocolate than that's all there is to it but if your character had a habit of smoking with meiyun then that could be used to bring up questions such as "why didn't she smoke with meiyun on the night that meiyun was kidnapped?" or "how come it was shieun that went instead?" see what i mean? i hope that makes sense!! 
 
relationships  so everybody is going to end up filling out a second application with all the chosen applicants and what their relationship to one another is; however, don't let me stop you from collabing! please just include the people that are involved directly. a best friend, an enemy, a secret fwb is important - not your character's first love at the age of 6 who made her dislike fire ants or something.
 
police interview  if you want to put a face to the seoul metropoliton police officers that are behind solving these crimes, it is the following: choi sooyoung as oh seojin (forensic investigator at smpa), lee junho as kim hyunjin (detective at smpa) and lee gikwang as kang sehun (newly recruited junior police officer at smpa).
 
anyways - the police are interviewing your character as if they are not a suspect and i think it shows a lot how people react under pressure. are they trying to be charming, playing up their idol-ness or actor vibes? or are they just nervous because ... they're just bad under pressure?
 
this will encompass basic questions (such as "what did you think of x?" and "rumor is that you guys didn't get along?") but after i accept applicants, you guys will have to fill out another police interview with questions specific to your character. i'm sorry there's so many apps that i'll have you guys fill out after ㅠㅠ but i think!! it's more interactive that way!! (keep giving that excuse - at me like ur not fooling anybody, joo - murder mysteries are hard... rip) but idk! these questions will be asked when the police don't think your character is a suspect. meaning! this is just a common courtesy interview and then the individualized application questions are when the police believe that your character is a suspect.
 
faq!  i'm so sorry that this is just a ton of information and it's kind of complicated but i swear i have the story planned out ... please let me know if you guys have any questions.
 
1. how developed are the plots in your head rn ?  even though i wrote some points out for everybody, that's all i have planned? they're not really fleshed out, perse, but more so reasons or guidelines as to why the police suspect them or why they may look fishy. for example, if you're applying for the role of the main dancer, one of the reasons that the police might look at them is because they've heard that she doesn't like meiyun. however, based off of that, there are many routes as the applicant (themselves) can go for!
CASE ONE
so case one, if one can't tell, is about a girl group named july. in late september of 2016, three of the members: bella, shieun and meiyun get kidnapped. this has the whole world on their toes because this kind of stuff rarely happen to low risk profiles and it especially doesn't happen to famous people.
 
if you guys want a brief outline of when each girl is found: bella is roughly found around january 2017 and meiyun is found a month(ish) after and shieun like 2 months after that. i don't really want to give too much away in terms of how they were found but if you feel like it's important to your application, please do let me know and i'll gladly tell you - the one person i can't tell you about is shieun, however. 
 
how it all happens, though, is that july is filming a variety show at jtbc around 2 am (let's just all decide together that it'll be idol room although i'm not 100% sure what time they film but for the sake of this fic, it'll just be 2 am) and they're taking a break. meiyun and shieun go out for a smoke break out by the side of the jtbc building in a small alleyway to avoid the public eye. a couple of minutes pass and bella goes out to check on them as they rarely take more than 3 minutes to smoke their cigarette, air themselves out and then come back in.
 
a couple of more minutes pass and hwaseon (the manager) goes out to drag them back in but then sees a black toyota corolla speeding out with nowhere to be found.
 
i think that's all the basic information in regards to this case but again, feel free to ask many many questions and i will put all the faq in regards to case one here!
 
is meiyun the maknae of july?  yes! meiyun is the maknae of july so if you're applying for july, your age range should be from 27 - 20!
 
 
CASE TWO
send: i love you! has a pretty extensive cast (half of whom i didn't really include in the plotlines because i didn't want to stifle creativity in terms of who you'd use as faceclaims and if i made everybody in the cast a suspect, the story would just never end). so! if you guys want to have friends in the cast that aren't murder suspects of keesung and eunyoung, the flow chart below explains just who and what the relationship of everybody is in the drama. it's not super important just because ... half way throughout the story nobody is going to even care that jaeho is cheating on shiyeon in the drama but anyways!! just incase!! someone had a q about it!! i'm trying to cover all my bases so forgive me if it's a bit complicated to comprehend.
 
✩ kim shiyeon is the one that made the community forum site where she was asking about her boyfriend, moon jaeho and how she's currently in a relationship but falling for an older worker at the convenience store near her home (named: kim daeho). while her friends both online and offline are encouraging her to rekindle things with her boyfriend, he's actually cheating on her with heo eunseol who is oh hoon's best friend.
 
oh hoon is the one that falls in love easily. this week, he's fallen for his desk mate song inna who likes him back but doesn't understand what's so hard for him to comprehend. hoon's brother, oh hyun encourages hoon to confess to the girls he likes. inna, on the other hand, can't seem to figure out if he's just plain stupid or playing with her and confides in her best friend bang dayeon.
 
lee juhee is part of the lgbtq+ community and has heart eyes for an upperclass sunbaenim whom she admires extremely (but don't get admiration and love mixed up because juhee does love dayeon!). lee eunji is juhee's best friend and the only person (besides the four on the community site) to know about juhee's dilemma with dayeon. eunji currently works at the cafe with kang chanhee.
 
kang chanhee is the one that is in love with someone in a relationship. him and juhee work with lee yeoreuem whom chanhee likes but yeoreum is dating an upperclass named jang hyunbin. rumor is that the two are going to get married eventually. chanhee has a best friend, shin sujin, has a crush on chanhee but knows how he feels so hasn't revealed anything.
 
so the ones that don't have a face claim and aren't part of the plotlines are: kim daeho, heo eunseol, bang dayeon,  lee eunji, shin sujin & jang hyunbin. honestly, they're not too important but again, if you guys wanted to have friends that aren't crazy murderers!! or potentially could be!! here is your list of castmates!
 
date wise, sily's first airing is on august but this happens around 12 - 13 episodes in which would roughly make the party amongst the castmates october 2017!
 
again, i think that's all the basic information that sily and case two holds but if you guys have any questions, please let me know and i'll put the faq in regards to case two here!
 
what's the age ranges for the actors/actresses in case two?  so drama wise, they're all in high school. in real life, however, it's up to you! the only people that have set ages are juhee (who is 21) and hyun (who is 25).