One.

Standby & Action

When the door to the representative’s room opened, Sejeong’s eyes immediately went to the object on the table. A script book. She knew where this upcoming conversation was gonna head to.

 

The representative let her sit down with her manager next to her. Sejeong tried hard to ignore the script but her eyes kept on catching it on her sight. Plastered across the cover of the script book was the title ‘Forget-Me-Not’ with a stem of blue flower next to it.

 

The representative smiled.

 

“I guess you already know why you’re here,” he said. Sejeong grinned and focused her attention on the representative. “This morning, you got an offer to be the female lead of a melodrama. Newcomer scriptwriter Yang Yeoreum, the person behind the drama that hit big last year, wrote the script.”

 

Sejeong nodded as she picked up the script book and examined the staffs’ names. There was no other actor name yet.

 

“I think it’s a good opportunity for you, but what do you think? Do you want to do it?” the representative asked. If Sejeong accepts it, it would be her first drama in years. She couldn’t believe the company would actually take a melodrama offer for her. There would probably be no other chance to do a melodrama if she passed this one up.

 

Sejeong hummed as she opened the first page of the book to see the premise of the story. The drama was about a couple of celebrities who were on a virtual dating show together and then dated for real. However, years after their gig in the show was over, the man got into an accident and lost his memories. The woman, with all of her lingering feelings, decided she wanted to help him remember even if it hurt her in the process.

 

Sejeong squinted as she read through the script until the end. Even though the amnesia trope is such a cliche, she didn’t feel that the story for this one was boring at all. In fact, she felt herself synchronizing with the female lead.

 

She put down the book and looked up at the representative with gleaming eyes.

 

“I want to do it! Please let me do it!” Sejeong said. The representative nodded.

 

“Alright, I’ll inform the production team. We’re going to discuss your schedules so you can go back to the practice room now, Sejeong,” he said. By ‘we’, he was referring to himself and Gugudan’s manager. Sejeong nodded and excused herself from the room, leaving her manager and the representative some privacy to talk.

 

She walked back to the practice room with many things on her mind. Could she do a good job? Could she portray such a different character? Who would be her acting partner? Sejeong smiled to herself and pumped a fist up in excitement, then skipped her way to the practice room.

 

She was practicing singing with Haebin and Soyee when the manager called her out, so she was surprised to find more people were in the practice room when she came back.

 

“Oh welcome back!” Hana exclaimed while waving her hand. She was standing in front of the camera next to Haebin and Soyee, who were checking the recording they did just before, and also Mimi and Sally. They all welcomed her back with a big smile while waving at her to come closer.

 

Sejeong grinned and skipped to Hana’s direction before throwing herself onto the older girl. Haebin then turned her attention from the screen to Sejeong.

 

“So what did he call you for?” she asked.

 

“I got a drama offer,” Sejeong said. She looked at Hana and Mimi’s face to check out their expressions but they didn’t seem bothered at all. “It was a melodrama called Forget-Me-Not.”

 

Forget-Me-Not? I think I just saw an article about that,” Mimi said. She took out her phone in a swift movement and started scrolling through vigorously before showing the screen to Sejeong.

 

Sejeong squinted her eyes at the screen, which was an article with the title SEVENTEEN’s Wonwoo, confirmed as the male lead of JTBC’s new Wed-Thurs Drama ‘Forget-Me-Not’. Sejeong blinked and made a huge O with .

 

“So he’ll be my partner…” Sejeong muttered while staring at the article. She met and greeted Seventeen a few times in music shows and beauty salon, but she never interacted with them on personal level except for the members that went on a variety show with her. She never remembered interacting much with Wonwoo but she knew he was tall and a person of few words.

 

His face did look like an actor material.

 

Sejeong felt more excited after seeing that article. The drama felt more real to her now that she knew who the lead actor was. She bet it would be even more exciting when the other casts get confirmed. Hopefully, there would be actresses that she could befriend.

 

Her lips formed a wide smile.

 

“Okay! I’ll work hard for this!” Sejeong exclaimed as she raised up a fist.

 

---

 

The next day, articles about Sejeong being confirmed for the drama finally got released. The fans seemed as excited as she was finding out about it since it would be her first time acting a mellow character, totally unlike her character in School 2017.

 

She didn’t read the comments in the article though.

 

Sejeong was reading the first episode’s script in her studio while making notes to explore her character even more. She needed to prepare for the first script reading, though she still didn’t know when it would be. Her character, Lee Sara, was an actress that was known for only having pretty face with mediocre acting. However, she was known for being a hard worker and having a good attitude on set, that’s why production houses still liked and hired her.

 

Three years prior to the drama’s storyline, Sara went on a virtual dating show with a popular idol her age named Son Jihoon.

 

As Sejeong kept on reading the script, she started taking notes on Sara’s background and how she should interpret her personality. She did all that while blasting songs from her computer and humming along to them, grinning to herself as she filled her notebook.

 

“Jihoon? Where is Jihoon? Is he okay?! Hmm, nope,” Sejeong muttered to herself. She read her lines out loud to figure out what kind of emotion she should say them with.

 

While she was busy analyzing her lines, her phone rang a lot. Sejeong picked her phone up to see that the messages came from I.O.I group chat.

 

Chaeyeon: Congratulations Sejeong unnie!

Kyulkyung: CONGRATSSSSS ♡♡♡♡

Somi: I’m late, but- CONGRATS FOR THE DRAMA ROLE SEJEONG UNNIE!

Somi: And Soh, I LOOOOOVE your drama!!

 

Sejeong chuckled as she read the messages. Cute kids. They would always be the first to get noisy when the members achieved some kind of milestone. Sejeong loved that about her I.O.I members.

 

: THANKSSS ♡

: I’ll do my best!!!

Nayoung: Congrats, Sejeong-ah!

Nayoung: I’ll tell Wonwoo to treat you nicely!

 

Sejeong just remembered that Nayoung and Kyulkyung were in the same company as Wonwoo. She was about to ask any of those two about him, just in case, but she was hesitating to. Nayoung definitely made it easier for her to ask.

 

: Thanks, Nayoung unnie!

: I hope I’ll be able to get along with him

Nayoung: Oh you two will get along great, I’m sure!

Nayoung: He’s kind, don’t worry!

 

Sejeong breathed a sigh of relief. If Nayoung said so, then it must be true. She was an observant person, after all.

 

After getting sidetracked with the chattings, Sejeong went back to reading her script even more fired up than before. She was determined to make this drama a success--or at least make people recognize her ability more. It wasn’t that she was crazy about popularity and recognition, but she just wanted to show everyone what she could do.

 

This drama was her chance.

 

“I can do this!” Sejeong yelled with her fists up.