Chapter Three

FOREVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuta's eyes widened after Jiyeon told him what happened last Friday when she was going home.

"But I'm alright, okay?" Jiyeon smiled to him as she was walking with her bandaged knee that was making her limping.

"No you're not. You got scars and bruises all over you." Yuta said, his face wasn't pleased.

Jiyeon was about to turn for her locker but her knee suddenly became numb and lost her balance. Yuta was there to catch her and made her stood again. His face were only a few centimeters away. She automatically studied his facial features more closely in just those few seconds. She noticed his big-rounded eyes that made people stop on their tracks to look at it, his prominent cheek bones, well defined chin and nose. She also noticed his smooth, flawless skin that he had always have since they were little, and those pink plumped lips.

She was embarrassed at the sudden skin ship and quickly pulled away. She muttered a thank you.

"You should've just went straight home while you could. He had a knife and you had a stick."

"A crowbar." She corrected quietly.

"Yeah that didn't work, did it? Have you told Chaeyong?" He asked as he was collecting his books for the upcoming lesson.

"No, she'll freak out and will never leave me alone afterwards." 

"Hell yea she won't. And I won't." Yuta smirked as he closed his locker and walked closer to Jiyeon's.

"That thing would never happen again, okay? I know I was being stupid to walk that late alone." Jiyeon said as she pushed his chest playfully.

"But how did you retrieve your bag?" Yuta asked, his one arms leaning to the lockers.

Jiyeon looked around for any eavesdroppers and reckoned him to come closer. "There was a guy who helped, and he was wearing our uniform but I can't recognize him."

Yuta pulled away and gave her a puzzled look, "can you describe him?"

"He wore black leather jacket that I never seem to see around here. His voice though, it sounded familiar." Jiyeon looked at the ground.

"Black leather jacket?" Yuta made sure. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, he also rode a big motorbike." She said.

She noticed how surprised Yuta seemed to be.

"You really don't know who that is?" Yuta said.

Jiyeon shook her head to the sides as a no.

"Seriously? Everyone knows him. He's dangerous, Jiyeon."

Jiyeon looked at his bestfriend, uncertain of what he was talking about. Because if it weren't for him, she wouldn't have a chance.

"Come to think of it, I don't understand why he did what he did." Yuta looked somewhere else in confusion.

"Wait, you know him?" Jiyeon's eyes brightened.

"He is Jung Jaehyun and he is a gangster."

Jiyeon looked at him bewildered, and then burst out laughing. "Really, Yuta? Gangster? You've been watching too much TV, okay?"

Yuta looked at her in a serious manner and didn't reply to her joke.

"What? So what if he's a gangster? He saved my life."

"That's the point! He saved your life. You owe him now. A big one." Yuta said.

"Don't be ridiculous, Yuta. If he's so famous, how come I've never heard of him before?" Jiyeon said and started to walk.

"Have you ever even paid attention to your surrounding? I doubt." Yuta said as he walked next to her. "Just remember this," Yuta turned to face her.

"What?"

"Whatever you do, when you see him again, run."

~

Jiyeon sat on her favorite new spot at lunch. Though this time, she wasn't thinking about Taeyong and be all angst, depressed and sad. She was actually thinking about Jung Jaehyun. 

He was that guy who had the face that anyone would never forget. 

Despite of what Yuta said, he wasn't the type who strike her as a gangster. He might've dressed like a typical bad boy and looked like a gangster, but his face was certainly not both. His face was like an actor.

Lunch break was almost over. She got down from the bleachers and went outside of the court.

But when she was about to open the door, someone pushed it hard and it hit her head. Her bum met the cold wooden floor. It still hurt because she had fallen on her the night when she was robbed too.

Before she could had looked up, she was seeing stars. She nudged her head in pain. She crawled to her right because she couldn't get up right away, and collected her bag. She was also holding her in pain.

"Ughhh my ." She moaned.

"Shhh," the guy who hit her with a door hushed.

Jiyeon gritted her teeth in anger and looked up right away to meet the guy's face. Her eyes widened in shock.

"What are you trying to do?"

Jung Jaehyun seemed to look outside of the small window on the door for someone else. 

"Just be quiet please," he said calmly.

Jiyeon got up despite her stinging knee. "Have you been following me?"

"What do you mean?" Jaehyun turned around to meet her. "Ah, Lee Crazy Jiyeon."

"Don't call me that." She rolled her eyes.

Jaehyun turned around to check outside of the court and then back at Jiyeon. "Because you are. I mean what the hell are you even doing here?"

"It is none of your business." Jiyeon simply said and walked right pass him.

Jaehyun blocked her path and she bumped to his body.

"Are you perhaps also stupid?" Jaehyun looked down and smirked at her.

"Excuse me?"

"What were you thinking? Why did you walk alone that night?" 

"Get out of the way, or I'll scream." Jiyeon warned, not meeting his eyes.

"You could've died, you know? If it weren't for me."

"I'm seriously going to do it, Jung Jaehyun." She was ready and opened .

Jaehyun swiftly bent down and got closer to her face. The slightest move, and their lips would've touched.

Jiyeon pulled back in shock. "What the hell?"

Jaehyun chuckled lightly in amusement. "Where's your scream again?"

"Screw you."

"I saved your life and this is what I get?" 

"I had it all under control. I never asked for your help." Jiyeon said, still not meeting his eyes.

"Really?" Jaehyun taunted. "When I was driving, all I could see was he was about to put the knife in your eye."

"What do you want? You want cash? Coupons?"

Jaehyun stayed silent for a few seconds which made Jiyeon confused, and then he chuckled lightly. "You've got to be kidding me. Are you dense or something?"

Jiyeon started to feel that his laugh was surprisingly sweet and addictive to hear.

"What?"

"I saved your life. That means you owe me, big." Jaehyun said.

"Just tell me what you want and you can leave me alone."

"It's not that simple." He smirked. "You know, you're pretty funny."

"Excuse me?" 

"I think I'm going to have fun with you first." 

Jiyeon felt her face heated up. 

The bell had rung and she knew she was late for History.

"What class do you have now?" Jaehyun casually asked.

"And why should I tell you?"

"Because if you don't, you won't ever get to that class." He smirked.

She really wished she could hit his cocky face with a crowbar.

Jiyeon took a deep breath and let out a sigh. She stayed silent for a couple of awkward minutes. Jaehyun seemed to be sticking with his plan of not letting her get to her class.

Jiyeon sighed and finally gave up, "History. I have History." She said, quietly.

"Great. Me too."
 

Jiyeon was about to enter the class but Jaehyun was walking so close behind her. She closed her eyes and sighed before walking in to the class. Jaehyun grabbed her arm.

Mr. Hwang the History teacher seemed displeased. "Mr. Jung, Ms. Lee. Where have you been?"

Jiyeon stopped abrup

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter