Chapter One

FOREVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're quitting the squad?" Chaeyoung folded her arms, leaning on a locker next to Jiyeon's.

Jiyeon smashed her locker shut with anger and locked it. She'd been avoiding Chaeyong for the rest of the day but she just won't stop bugging her.

"Are you really quitting the Venus?"

Jiyeon started to walk the opposite direction of hers.

She was wearing her specs as if it would cover up her puffy and red eyes from crying the other night.

"Tell me now that you aren't quitting, Lee Jiyeon." Chaeyong insisted, raising her voice. She stopped on her pace, expecting Jiyeon to turn around and say what she wanted to her hear. 

Jiyeon sighed and turned around to meet her bestfriend's shaking eyes. 

"At least tell me you're not giving up on us because of that stupid guy." 

Chaeyoung looked like she was about to tear up. 

Of course it was because of him. What other reason was there? Jiyeon was starting to doubt if Chaeyong was really her bestfriend.

She never would've thought that having a breakup was this painful, this destructive. What did she do wrong? She tried her best to make things work and held everything together, but in the end it had come to no avail.

The worst part of this breakup was it was her first breakup. She never thought that the thing they had would come to an end. She'd always felt like they loved each other so much that they would never let each other go, she thought that it could last as long as they still love each other. 

But then of course that was everyone's wishful thinking of being in a relationship.

They had been together since sophomore, which was two years ago. 

Everything about their relationship was exactly like those in the movies. He was the cute, popular athlete and she was the popular cute girl who was in a cheer squad. 

At first people doubt that it would last long, but then it did. They even seemed like they could never get enough of each other.
 


 

It all started almost two months ago.

Jiyeon had just brew a tea and was walking to the living room with a tray of two tea cups and a pot of black tea. 

Chaeyong was waiting, busy with her phone on the couch while giggling to herself.

Jiyeon was about to if she was talking to her crush, Jongin, but Sooyeon the housemaid approached her and bowed. Her face looked distressed.

"What is it Sooyeon?" Smiling hesitantly to her housemaid, Jiyeon already had a bad hunch about what she was going to tell her.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Lee. I—I, really don't know how to say it to you." Sooyeon kept her head low, making Jiyeon even more uneasy.

"Try me Sooyeon. You better tell me especially if it's important." Jiyeon said with a dry laugh.

"I just got a call from Mr. Lee's mom..." Sooyeon trailed off. It seemed so hard for her to just tell Jiyeon the news.

Which made Jiyeon even more jumpy and anxious.

"Lee? You mean Taeyong?" She raised an eyebrow at her.

Jiyeon was already hoping that it wasn't him.

"Y-yes. Mr.Lee... got into an accident. H-he got hit by a car while riding his motorbike."

The tray that was on her hands met the floor, causing a loud shattering voice that both Chaeyong and Sooyeon jumped in shock.

"Yah! Jiyeon, what the hell?" Chaeyong exclaimed from the other side of the room. She then saw Jiyeon's white face. "What the hell happened?"

Sooyeon bowed to Chaeyong from afar before telling her, "Mr. Lee got hit by a car."

Chaeyong clasp with a gasp of horror. 

"They said they're in the hospital that's few blocks away from here—"

Jiyeon stormed off to the front door. Before going out, she scanned the key rack for any available car key, but there was none. She let out a curse grabbing a raincoat from the coat rack and got out.

"Jiyeon yah! Where you think—"

Jiyeon rode her bike through the neighborhood in full speed, despite of the rain. The wind made her hood fell to her back. Her dark hair was drenched, but she didn't care. Tears started to fall from her eyes. Her tears becoming one with the rain on her face.

She trashed her bike at the side of the hospital's entrance.

"Lee Taeyong, just got into an accident, which floor, where?" She quickly asked the receptionists.

After knowing, she ran to the ICU.

She spotted the ICU room and ran to it. She slowed down when she saw Mrs. Lee talking with a surgeon. 

They both looked at Jiyeon from head to toe. Probably because of her drenched hair and she was wearing sandals got covered with mud and dirt.

"Ohh Jiyeon." Mrs. Lee came to her and hugged her with the saddest face she had ever seen.

"Mrs. Lee... Taeyong... He's not.."

"No,no, honey. He survived the motorbike accident, but, they said..." Mrs. Lee stifled a cry and Jiyeon hugged her again and pat her back.

She didn't want to cry and wanted to be strong for both Mrs. Lee and Taeyong, but the situation didn't help. So she let down her tears with Mrs. Lee.

"He would never walk again." Mrs. Lee finally let out her cry.
 

After what felt like forever, her head started to throb and she messaged it, wishing the pain away.

"It's been six hours. You were drenched in rain and haven't eaten anything since then. Go home, change and eat, dear. I don't want you to get sick." Mrs. Lee said.

Of course she would never leave Taeyong, she would never rest until she hears Taeyong is okay.

After three more hours, the operating sign turned off.

A doctor got out of the ICU and demanded for Taeyong's mother. 

Taeyong was pushed out of the ICU on a bed and Jiyeon saw his bandaged face. He still shut his eyes. He was still in a comma.

The nurses pushed his bed to God knows where.

The doctor led us to a VIP room and stopped in front of the room. Then he talked to Mrs. Lee in private.

Jiyeon stared at Taeyong's face from the small window on the door. She really wanted to come in, but even Mrs. Lee was still outside with her. She had to wait for them to finish.

"Jiyeon-ah," Mrs. Lee called. She looked very tired, like Jiyeon too, she'd been crying. Her eyes were puffy. 

Both the doctor and Mrs. Lee looked at Jiyeon with those eyes, pitiful eyes.

Jiyeon had a feeling she wouldn't like what she was about to hear.

She was right.

After listening to what they told her about Taeyong's condition, she barged into the room without even letting the doctor finish his explaination.

She approached Taeyong slowly who was still laying comma on the hospital bed. The room was chilly and dimly lit. The beep sound from the heart rate monitor dominated the room.

Taeyong was lying there, helpless, wearing an oxygen mask.

She couldn't take in the scene. She couldn't believe that her boyfriend was the one who was lying there. She didn't want to believe all of this were happening. 

Most of all, she refused to believe the fact that he could never walk, ever again.

He loved playing basketball with all his heart, she thought, she couldn't bare it any longer. She covered and started to sob. She walked away from Taeyong and sat on a sofa.

Mrs. Lee watched her only son laying on the hospital bed unconscious, and took his hand, brought it closer to her face.

Knowing he could never walk wasn't the hardest thing, telling him his condition was.

Jiyeon was there when he finally woke up from his two days comma. After a while, he stopped wearing his oxygen mask. Then, after a few days, he could sit up straight on his bed and eat.

Mrs. Lee was feeding her son porridge and Jieyon was filling his cup with warm water. Taeyong was laughing at his mom's roughness at feeding him that there were few porridge drops on the blanket.

"Hey, anyway. It's been several days. I can sit now. But why do I still can't feel my legs. That's weird." 

Jiyeon stopped filling his cup and put down the thermos. She couldn't look at Taeyong next to her. She freezed. She didn't know what to say nor what to do.

"Jiyeon? What's wrong?" 

Jiyeon tightened her grip on the hand of the jar.

"Mom? Why aren't you all saying anything?" 

Jiyeon shut her eyes and her jaw tightened. 

She knew they had to tell him sooner or later, but she was speechless.

Mrs. Lee finally explained his condition with comforting words, as if it'd help the situation.
Taeyong just kept silent. 

"It's okay, after some therapies..." Taeyong trailed off when he saw his mom closed her eyes shut at the word therapy.

Taeyong kept saying that we'll find other ways to deal with his legs but the things he was saying couldn't guarantee anything. Like to amputate his legs and replace it with mechanic legs, Jiyeon let down her tears once again.

Mrs. Lee hugged his son, trying to calm him down. Taeyong was a mess, he was sobbing and shouting, refusing his helpless condition. He threw a pillow to the wall and held his head in frustration.

All Jiyeon could do was stand there and let his mother deal with her upset boyfriend. She didn't know what to do. 

Taeyong faced Jiyeon who was standing next to his bed, with bitterness and sorrow reflected on his eyes. 

It made Jiyeon's heart ached, "I'm so sorry," she mouthed.

The next thing was, Taeyong requested that he wanted to be left alone. Jiyeon really didn't want to leave him at his lowest point like this. But she did anyway, just to fulfill his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter