Chapter 1

Music to My Ears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: unedited

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yoongi was really passionate about music, which was the thing he kept telling himself when he went to work everyday at Jin hyung’s record store. Helping ignorant girls find old records for their pretentious boyfriends was just so he could save money for equipment--and rent, of course. Today, he knew, would be a particularly long day when he walked into the shop to find some alpha flirting with Jimin across the counter. When his days started out like this they usually ended up being terrible. 

“Good morning,” Jimin sang as he brushed past on his way to the office. He rolled his eyes, but not where the omega could see.

As he shrugged off his jacket he vaguely hoped the other alpha would feel his superiority and just leave. He was the only alpha who worked at the record store. His scent was all over the place, and all over the omega flirting his off at the register. Unfortunately when Yoongi got back to the front there was still an alpha there who was still drooling over Jimin.

“Can I help you with something?” Yoongi asked pointedly.

“Uh, no.” The guy stuttered. “I was just checking out.”

“Alright. I’ll take care of it than.” Yoongi shoved Jimin (gently) out of the way and took over the register. The omega skipped over to the jazz section to start resorting. Yoongi rolled his eyes again.

“Thanks,” The alpha said in a disappointed tone. He threw a glance at Jimin but he wasn’t paying attention anymore. 
“Jimin,” Yoongi groaned. “What have I told you about flirting with the customers?”

“What have I told you about being my alpha?” Jimin teased. 

“Just stop. Or I’ll call Jin hyung.”

Jimin left the argument there knowing Yoongi wouldn’t budge. Ever since he started working at the record store a year ago he’d been attracted to Yoongi--and not just physically. They fought back and forth always coming back down to the fact that Jimin had asked Yoongi to be his alpha. He’d offered himself up because he couldn’t stand how much he liked the alpha. And Yoongi had said that Jimin was too good for him.

“Jiminie~” Someone called from the front door. They both turned to see Taehyung with the hood of his fur-lined jacket still up shivering beside his brother and Hobi. 

“Taehyungie,” Jimin sang back. The two omegas huddled together in the corner of the store whispering to each other. Namjoon and Hobi came to lean on the counter and talk to Yoongi.

“Jin wants you to come over tonight.” Namjoon said. “He’s making food and stuff.”

“And he means the royal you. You and Jimin.” Hobi added with a smirk.

“Jimin isn’t mine. You guys need to stop acting like he is.”

Namjoon just rolled his eyes but Hobi couldn’t help saying, “We’ll stop acting like it when you stop acting like it.”

Their friends stayed for a little while; only leaving when Taehyung decided he wanted Jungkook. Besides a fifteen-year-old knocking over a display of cassette players and yet another alpha trying to scent mark Jimin the day went smoothly. Jimin clung to Yoongi the rest of the afternoon but ran to the windows when it started snowing. He didn’t even think about the walk they would have to Jin’s house in the cold after work. 

“Thank you,” Jimin chattered as Yoongi locked the door behind them. “For earlier.”

“Don’t mention it. It’s part of my job at this point.”

“Still,” Jimin beamed. “You’re such a good alpha.”

Yoongi didn’t have a reply for that so he just said, “Let’s go.”

Seokjin and Namjoon lived in what they called a ‘no drama’ apartment building six b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter