The One

Way to flutter my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The airport hallway is not that suffocating with many people. However, there are many people coming back and forth to another place and Baekhyun is no exception. He is on his way to the departure gates along with the ticket on his hand which engraved Korea. It has been like one month he is on vacation he finally decided to return back to the homeland before his new semester starts.

As he passed the procedure of the departure, he entered into the airplane and went to his assigned seat, and put his bag in the board given. As he waits for the plane to board, he played with his phone to fill up his bored, suddenly from his peripheral view, he saw someone was filling up the seat next to him without caring much he continued with his phone activities back. The pilot is making an announcement where the plan is about to board off and Baekhyun has turned off the phone as the stewardess reminded him again.

Baekhyun couldn’t stay silent as he is quite a talkative person and he kept looking around, his eyes landed towards the girl next to him. Although in common sense, almost everyone prefers not to talk with the person next to them but Baekhyun decided he wanted to greet the next person to him when he heard the girl next to him talking in Korean on the phone, he was quite surprised to meet a Korean person (well not that surprised but more like quite astounded to get the seat with someone that share the same citizen). The girl ended the call right after when the stewardess came again to remind them, he kept observing the person and setting the right timing to greet, he tapped the girl’s forearm lightly and the girl turned to him slightly not acknowledging his existence. The girl held her fingers on the forehead, eyes closed.

Baekhyun wonders what make the girl’s reaction quite passive, as his mind kept wondering the if’s in his head, a solution came up which resulting the girl is nervous riding the airplane. Again Baekhyun tapped her forearm again to gain her attention and started talking. “Is this your first time riding an airplane?” Baekhyun said cheerily.

Getting no response from the girl, Baekhyun continued talking, “You know if you’re nervous, you can hold person’s hand next to you,” He jokingly spoke although he means no harm. The girl still remains still. Baekhyun suddenly feeling concerned with the lack of response from the girl.

“Are you okay?” He asked, in a worried tone. On the other hand, the girl feeling uncomfortable to the point she can’t express the feelings. Hence, she shook her head slowly indicating not feeling to talk with this guy who actively greeting her.

“Do you need to go to the toilet or you need oxygen? I will be happy to assist from mouth to mouth,” Baekhyun spoke in concern yet teasingly. Next thing happened surprised both parties where the girl puked whatever in her stomach on Baekhyun’s cloth, and the latter shrieked out loud gaining attention to people near them, and the girl collapsed later on.

Baekhyun’s eyes went widened and called out the stewardess to pick up on this girl. Baekhyun thought he was supposed to be mad which he should. However, in his view, it is his fault in the first place and chuckled lowly.

--

 

Hana finally gaining her conscious slowly, as her eyes opened she scanned the surrounding and found a guy sit closely next to her. Both of them are staring each other for god knows how long before the guy decided to break the noise.

“Are you okay now?” The guy, she assumed is the person next to her seat earlier, nodding slowly at the question. She could hear the relieved sigh escaped through his mouth.

“I’m sorry about earlier,” He said apologetically.

“I shouldn’t be joking about the airplane jokes to you and make you uncomfortable resulting you puking on me,” He continued, chuckled escaped from his mouth.

“It’s alright, the fault is mine also,” Hana spoke regretfully.

“Since you’re sorry. What is your name?” his smile is formed along with his eyes.

Although Hana feeling hesitated to tell her name, she doesn’t have any choice as she feels bad puking on this guy. “My name is Kim Hana,”

“What a pretty name even though she puked on me,” Baekhyun jokingly said and he received a punch from the other.

“Yah! How dare you, do you want to be dead?” Hana threatened harmlessly. Baekhyun couldn’t help but feel quite amused by the girl’s attitude. Cute, that was the thought occurred in him of her as they continued laughing lightly.

“For someone that’s not feeling well, you sure punched me quite hard,” he even more, resulting her to feel timid by the action she had done.

After resting herself for a while and changed into a new attire, she finally went back to her seat where she can see Baekhyun remained still in his seat. As she takes place quietly next to him then she realized he was sleeping soundly along earphones plugged in his ears. The plane is still hours away before it landed, and Hana doesn’t have anything else to do resulting her to feel sleepy as well.

 

 

 

 

Finally, the airplane landed on the airport land, before the announcement has been made, both of them already awake from their nap. Baekhyun doesn’t know whether to feel regret for not using the time given chatting with the girl next to him as he filled up with sleeping. Who knows when he can meet her again, after all, Korea is quite big and the chances to meet her is quite rare. Should he ask her number? He thought for a second.

But then, the girl will be thinking he is hitting on her when that’s not the point, well actually partially because he felt the attraction towards the girl where she acted aloof at first but an event where she puked on him made him change point of view of her when she punched him not so hard on the shoulder for teasing her, Baekhyun found her cute. It’s quite normal to feel the attraction because every single human would feel the same when meeting new people. Suddenly it hit him to reality, is this what we called airplane crush?

He happened to have read so many airplane crushes on Twitter, and now he is experiencing what the other people have been feeling. The thought of not meeting her again, Baekhyun doesn’t want to lose that feeling. He wants to make sure by the time he got out from the airplane he will ask her number and finally can know the real attitude of hers.

As he got off the plane, Baekhyun could see Hana is drifting away from him. Before he could even yell out her name. Suddenly his phone ringing, showing Sehun’s name appeared on the screen. Ignoring the call, his eyes looked up again searching for Hana’s figure but to no avail, she already disappeared from his sight. Baekhyun’s heart feels so dejected because he wasn’t able to ask for her number.

 

--


Hana quickly pulled her luggage and hailed out for a cab nearby as soon she got out of the airport, at the same time she fished out her phone out of the pocket, her fingers kept thumbing on the keypad to make a call. As soon the line is connected to the other party, she greeted the person. “Hello, I’m already in Korea. Where are you?”

“Yah! Why are you already in Korea? You should inform me so I can pick you up my dear sister,” The other guy nagging her non-stop in the phone, making the girl pulled the phone far away from her ear and talk back.

“Well, uhm surprised?” She said cheekily.

“I will come back home early today, let’s meet at my apartment. I will send the address later on the message. Bye,” the guy said and ended the call. Right after that, came a notification indicating a message from her brother. Hana handed the address to the cab driver and her eyes looked outside the window enjoying the scenery she missed so much.

“I missed Korea so much,” She muttered slowly.

                                                                        --

 

It was one fine evening, Hana and her brother, Junmyeon were having dinner together along with their father. The atmosphere around them rather quiet and chill as they are enjoying each other presence that accompanied with the soft music as the background. Suddenly, the elder spoke, “Hana, the reason I call you back here because I have something to announce,” Hana hummed in response indicating her father can continue the conversation, as she takes a bite from the steak to her lips.

“You’re getting engage with someone.” The announcement came like a bomb to her, as she choked on her own and Junmyeon quickly handed plain water which she gladly took it.

“I’m what?” Hana gawked at her father.

“You’re getting engage with someone from a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter