Lost Souls

Lost Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyeon's POV

This past year has been hell. I haven't been the same. Why? Because I lost the love of my life. She dumped me for some girl she met a bar. She broke up with me like it was the easiest thing to do. We were together for four years. She told me that they felt like they were a waste of time. That's whats hurts the most. All of the things we went through meant nothing to her. I gave her everything and that's exactly what she took.  

 

*flashback*

 

 

I was sitting on the sofa, waiting for Eunbi to come home. She's been very distant  lately and I'm hoping I can change that tonight. I was gonna take her out on a date, we haven't been on one in about a month.

I heard rattling of keys and in walked the most beautiful girl ever.

"Hey baby" I said getting up and walking over to her, going in for a kiss but she turned her head, making me kiss her cheek. 

"Everything okay love? Did I do something?" I asked concerned. 

"No." She mumbled, taking off her coat.

"Okay, well uhm, do you wanna go on a date? We haven't been on one in a while and i planned something al-" I was cut off when she starts speaking.

 

"I don't wanna  go anywhere with you."

 

"Oh..do you wanna cuddle and watch movies?  We can watch Mulan." 

 

"No."

 

"Well what do you wanna do babe?" I ask chuckling.

 

"Don't call me that."

 

"Okay, baby girl? You love when I call you that." I say reaching out my hand to cup her face but she slaps it away. 

 

"I'm leaving you." She says and those three words made my heart shatter in pieces.

 

"What?"

 

"I don't love you anymore."

 

"What did I do? I'll fix it." I plead, my eyes welling up with tears.

 

"Nothing, I just don't love you anymore Chaeyeon. People fall out of love all the time." She says shrugging her shoulders. 

 

"No they don't, I still love you!" My voice cracks at the end. 

 

"Well stop because I don't love you anymore."

 

"Unnie please..."

 

"I'll come back tomorrow for my things." She says grabbing her jacket.

 

"Unnie no...I need you please baby" I say finally letting my tears fall, grabbing her jacket.

 

"Give me my jacket"

 

"No!"

 

"Chaeyeon give me my ing jacket!"

 

"No Eunbi you can't leave me like this! Please! I love you!"

 

"I don't ing care! I don't care that you love me, I don't care about you! I never did! Dog, I wasted four ing years on you! 4 years I'll never get back! I regret ever meeting you each and every day!" she screams in my face. 

 

After she says this I let go of her jacket and fall to the ground, sobbing violently. She didn't give me a second glance, she just walked out the house. Walked out of my life like it was the simplest thing to do. 

 

She didn't come back to get her things the next day, I was hoping she would so we could talk things through but she never came. She never answered my calls or texts. Nothing. She erased me from her life completely. 

 

I was complete and utter mess the next four months. I lost my job. I lost my house and moved into some beat down apartment with my dog. I started drinking, I stopped doing photography, I stopped writing, I stopped dancing, I stopped painting.... I just stopped everything. She was the inspiration for all that and now she was gone.

 

*end of flashback*

 

I wiped my eyes with the sleeve of my hoodie, well Eunbi's hoodie. Since she never came back to get her things I wore her clothes. A year later and they still smell like her. I only wear them to sleep, it makes me feel like she's still with me, like she's still holding me in her strong arms. But it'll never be the same, it'll never  live up the real thing. I'll never be held in her arms again, I'll never kiss those soft lips again. I'll never be able to do all the things we used to do.  I can't love anyone else. My heart belongs to her and it always will. I thought that she felt the same but I was so wrong. She never loved me. I haven't heard from her at all. I try and try but she never replies to me. I should just give up. I need to give up.

 

 I felt few more tears  fall until I took off her hoodie, grabbed a box and started packing up all her things. Better late than never.

 

After I was done I sat on my bed. My room and my apartment looked so empty. Mostly everything was hers. My closet only consisted of 7 pairs of jeans, 15 shirts and 3 hoodies. I used to never buy clothes because Eunbi would always let me wear hers instead.

 

She said she loved seeing me in her clothes, but she lied. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter