Keeping Her

Keeping Her

My foot were fixed on the ground of dim closed-off abandoned room while I stare on the girl under the subtle rays coming from the light bulb and I can't help but not to take away my eyes from her because in this place, she's the only one who shines.


The coldness caused by the downpour outside entered my system and my tears continued on falling like drops of the rain as I watch her suffer from the chain on her hands hanged on the ceiling.


The sound of dripping bloods that travelled down from the wounds all over her body hit the floor and it serves as a countdown of her ending life.


The poor girl looked at me and I felt a pang on my heart because of the nostalgia of time when I'm the only one she see in this jam-packed world, but it's different in this moment. The emotion of her eyes that used to scream love is now replaced by confusion.


"Who are you?" she asked in a voice that expresses tiredness as she coughed blood out of .


I looked down on the crimsom liquid that filled my hands. The girl I love doesn't even remember me? How cruel is that.


I gulped down the sadness and gathered all my courage to be able to speak up and smiled, "It's me. The girl you adore, Chaeyoung."


Her glare can pierce every parts of me as she shook her head aggressively in denial. "No!" she yelled between her sobs. I can see the fear on the window of her soul while she sniff before she said, "No, you're not Chaeyoung."


I walked closer to get a hold of her face but she avoided my touch. It causes another stab on my chest and the symbol of sadness escaped from my eyes. "It's me. Mina, why can't you remember me?"


Her cries filled the room of darkness and keeps on denying what's in front of her. "No, you're not!" she looked at me straight into the eyes while her tears falling, "You're a monster."


The rage built up inside me and without knowing, my hand landed on her bloody angelic face like someone is controlling me. The slap made a mark to the face I used to see whenever I wake up in the morning.


"Look at me!" I forced her to see mh face by gripping her jaw tight and I earned a wince from her. The hopelessness crept into me when she shut her eyes just not to have a glance on me. It hurted me so much how she show how disgusted she is on me, how she keep on denying my existence. "Why can't you see? I'm Chaeyoung."


I heard again her painful sob that wounding my heart. It used to be a sweet laugh, if she just stopped on resisting, it doesn't need to turn out like this.


"Because the Chaeyoung I know will never hurt me. You've changed."


Her words made me step back until I walked on a spilled water on the ground. I saw my reflection that I barely recognized. The dark circles surround the bottom of my lifeless eyes because of lack of sleep, my messed up hair upon not having an energy to even comb it, I lost a lot of weight and Mina's blood is splattered on my face.


All of the bad memories flooded my mind like its intention is to torture me more than I already had. The world had been cruel these days, I've watched my girl slowly fade away from me and fall for someone else's arm.


It made me think that I'm still not good enough that's why I tried to persuade her by doing things that I thought will make her comeback to me, but I was wrong. I became too soft, I made her break me but now I've become stronger.


"You made me to." the emotionless phrase left my mouth. The numbness conquered me until I can't feel anything but emptiness. "You fell out of love with me."


I receive no response. She diverted her eyes away from me to the dirty wooden wall which is close to breaking due to its oldness as she grasp for words. It's like she drifted off from the place and went somewhere before she said, "You left me."


My chest tightened and the voices in my head says its not fault. I left to lose my flaws, I've done what's the best for us but I was payed with faithfulness that I didn't expect to break down before me. I came back only to be found that I already lost her.


I screamed. I want to wake up from this nightmare! Why does it always have to be me? Why I'm always the one who's suffering and in the end I'm the one who'll took the blame because it's my fault?


I just wanted to be loved. I got one but the love I found is not strong enough and it destroyed me too. It made me thought that all of it was just a lie.


Despite of that, I don't know why I'm still chasing for it, I'm craving for it and I want it. I will not let anyone to take it away from me because Mina's heart needs to only beat for me, only me.


I grabbed the knife on the table where all Mina's belonging placed, which I owned too because she's mine.


The fright taken over her eyes when she saw me walking on the way to her, "What's in your mind?!" she tried to pull her hand from chains as she tremble in fear. "Let's talk about this, Chaeyoung. Don't do this to me!" My mind is too occupied to listen to her plead.


It has to be done. 


I buried the blade on her chest and she let out a ear-piercing moan of extreme pain but it didn't blocked my ears to hear a crack and I speculate I hit her bone. I drawed a line using a knife as I think all the pain she have made me felt but I'm kind enough to do it carefully because I want to assure that I will not damage her heart. I ripped the hindrance flesh off from the other skin and threw it on the floor.


The red stain is all over my shirt and arms. The clang of the metal snaking her hand has stopped from making noises. I saw Mina's life escaping from her body as the blood flow from and her chest.


For the last time, she looked at me with questions on her eyes and pronounced her last words, "I loved you, why?"


A tear trailled down my cheeks as her body slowly stopped from moving. A burning sensation spread all through my heart and the emotion it only recognize in the moment are grief, sorrow and despair.


I sob while I'm unlocking her hand from the chains that I used to make her stay with me atleast within a short-time. I held her body with delicacy and lied her remains on my arms.


My fingers brushed her gorgeous face. She's too perfect and precious person to be in this world. I regretted all I've done to her before and I promise, I'll never do anything again except for loving her even her heart is already printed with someone's name.


I brought my hand to her chest and searched for the organ I've been wishing for. I touched a soft and sticky texture, I seize it forcibly and stared on it when I finally possess it.


I'm the only one owns it now, my Mina's heart.


A smile crosses on my face but I cried when I saw a tear rolled down from Mina's eyes. I wiped it and though to myself that I'll not let her hurt again.


I kissed her forehead gently, trying not to wake her up from her deep sleep.


"It has to be done." I whispered to her but not loud enough to bother her from dreaming.


"I may failed to stay by your side but this time, I promised." I kissed her lips softly to let her feel my love is sincere and I rested my forehead to hers.


"This time I'll keep you."


The bawl I'm trying to hold back echoed in the four corners of the room as I hug her cold corpse between my arms and her heart in my hand.