Jeepney

The Manobans
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeepney

 

The 8 o’clock rush was filling the jeepneys faster than precincts on election day. Lisa could only let out a sigh watching the passengers clamoring to on get the jeepney bound for Dalipuga. There was no way he could fight his way to get a seat.

“There's too many people.” he heard her say. He turned around and look at the most beautiful girl holding his hand. He forgot that he wasn’t alone. There were three of them, all tired from work and school, all wanting nothing more than a peaceful night sleep.

“Too many people, I don’t want to seat like a sardine.” she said with lips puckering into a pout and her dumpling cheeks becoming rounder. He smiled trying to fight a laugh. She looked so cute when she was annoyed. He fought the urge to pinch her cheeks knowing well enough that she’d either cry or hit him from annoyance.

 

His pretty princess was in a bad mood, cranky even. He wasn’t able to buy that lego set she wanted, and knowing just how much she loved to build things he knew that she was very upset. He had bought her new shoes so she wouldn’t be mad anymore, but dang she wanted those legos.

“We’ll just take the next one.” he said pulling her closer a little since they were more people still trying to get on the jeepney near them. His hand also grabbed the arm of his other all-too-busy-with-instagram baby shielding them both from the onslaught of rushing people.

 

Finally the road was almost clear of passengers

It was just him, the ice queen and his baby Mandeuk left. His eyes lit up seeing another jeepney coming. It was barely full with only a few people on it. He breathe a sigh of relief at least now Mrs. Dragon won’t kill him when they reach home, she was after all carrying a water bottle.

“Yehey!” he heard his pretty baby say. Her frown had tu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter