Final

Homecoming

 

 

It has been 7 years.

 

Just a couple of days ago, she was performing in USA with thousands of fans cheering, screaming and shouting her name throughout their whole concert.

 

Now, she is here with other members in a minivan, looking out from the window, on a ride she has always longed for.

 

She is going home.

 

Toronto hasn’t changed much since the last time the 18-year-old Wendy left it behind to pursue her dream. Even though filled with more and more high-tech buildings and skyscrapers nowadays, the most crowded city in Canada still has its own early-19-century figures, as those distinguishing bay-and-gable houses at the older neighbourhoods nearly remain unchanged as her memories can recall. The high school she used to study in is at the same location as it was before, and she can still point out exactly the address of the coffee shop where she spent most of her teenager hanging out with her friends there.

 

Seulgi and Joy has been open-mouthed at every scene of the city since the beginning. Their maknae Yeri has her look glued to the outside, as if she want to capture everything with her eyes. Wendy can tell that all of them are in equal excitement, because this is no doubt their very first trip to Toronto, to where she calls her second hometown.

 

This is also her first time coming back home, after 7 years. She has waited for this day for so long.

 

The van makes a turn at the big and familiar road.

 

Queen Street. Wendy recognises it all too well. She can’t even remember how many times she has spent just wandering around, waving her hello and goodbye to every familiar face she came across.

 

Her house is just a few more minutes away from now. Butterflies start flapping their wings in her stomach, as she unknowingly clenches her fists under the thin blanket.

 

Nervous? Maybe. Excited? Definitely.

 

She misses the bitter smell of every morning coffee cup her dad drank during breakfast. She misses those random stories her sister told between commercials each time they gathered around for TV series. She misses those sweet and lovely decorated cupcakes her mom made when she came home after school.

 

Man, she can’t wait to eat her mom’s home cooked meal.

 

Suddenly, a warm feeling touches her hands.

 

Wendy looks down to realise Irene’s palm is already placed in hers. She gently intertwines their fingers together, making a firm hold, then slowly rests them in her thigh. When Wendy sets her eyes on her seatmate, a loving smile is forming in the latter’s lips.

 

“I’m sure they miss you too.”

 

Wendy is lost in those soft and beautiful dark brown orbs, beaming in happiness, till she breaks their eye contact and finds out the rest of her group are also looking with their reassuring smiles toward her.

 

She doesn’t know if her eyes welling up are because of her homecoming, or her members. Probably both.

 

“We are here!”

 

Their manager’s call fills up the tender atmosphere, making all of them quickly turn their heads outside. Wendy’s racing heart skips a beat when she sees her parents and sister standing in front of the house, waiting for their youngest to show up.

 

The van slows down, catching her family’s attention, then finally stops.

 

Irene releases their holding hands and lightly pat on Wendy’s shoulder. The younger turns to look at her leader one more time and receives a caring nod, with that loving smile still being visible on her face.

 

“Welcome home, Wanie.”

 

Wendy is the first to step out of the van, and three of them can’t help but smile the moment their eyes met with hers.

 

“Appa, Omma, Unnie.”

 

The blanket drops to the ground as she throws it aside to sprint toward her beloved family and settles herself in their welcoming arms.

 

“I’m home.”

--------------------------

 

When I was writing this shot, I learned that they couldn't be able to come to her house *sad face* T.T But who cares, it would be a crime not writing anything about this one of a lifetime event, right? So there you have it, it's fanfiction anyway haha. I hope you had an enjoyable time reading this. Thank you for your supports.