fin.

The Love Letter of Friendship

Last week, she said it to me.

“I think I will accept the offer and go to S University,” Yujin said with a glowing smile all over her face. I know, since she’s a already a senior, she needs to think about her future plan. But, isn’t S University far from this town? Why she doesn’t choose a closer universities, the one in this town, or at least, in neighboring cities. I know, S University is the best deal if Yujin wants to focus on her sport career. Still, I can’t imagine my days without seeing her.

 

Without saying anything, I immediately went home, leaving her who was standing still in front of my class. I still clearly remember Yujin’s expression when she said that, her smile was so bright and full of happiness. She must be really disappointed when I just left her like that.

 

Until that day, I never realized that Yujin is going to be adult.

 

Of course, I want everything to stay the same. My heart is hoping for a status quo, that Yujin will never change. If we can’t stay the same, as her best friend, at least I should support her decision, right? If only I could be more honest. I know I should apologize immediately, saying that was a misunderstanding.

 

Before, I never think that the two of us will be apart. I never ever think that I’ll walk alone when going home. Usually, I’m always waiting for the last chime so I can go home together with Yujin, but I don’t feel the same right now.

As I’m getting nearer to Yujin’s class, I find her talking with her homeroom teacher. They seem to be in a serious talk, but I can’t hear what they’re talking about. Just by seeing them, I feel that I’m getting farther to her. I immediately turn back and take a different route to leave the school.

 

What I’m hoping for right now, is just that the of us can be smiling together again.

Tomorrow, I’ll say it to her. I promise.

 

I pull my desk chair and sit on it. I grab my favorite pen and take a paper from my notebook. My heart is aching, but at the same time I can feel it beating fast.

 

I’ll say sorry to her, clearing up the misunderstanding.

 

I’ll say that I will support any decision she makes.

 

I’ll say that I’m getting jealous just by imagining her getting a new friend in S University.

 

I’ll say to her that she’s my only best friend.

 

Through this letter, I hope my feeling will reach to her.