Don't Touch

Don't Touch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For: rusicaria on Wattpad as the 1st place winner in OTPA. Congratulations once again! Hope you like it!

Jimin sighed as he looked at the painting before him. To him, the painting looked like a child's work; as if a child had fingerpainted across a large canvas in shades of blue, red, and black. Honestly, he could see no form or reason for the painting. Even he could draw better then that and all he could really draw was stick figures. And he knew for sure Taehyung could do way better than this as his best friend was a genius of an artist. Taehyung could draw just about anything, he drew scenery, still life, and portraits; would use all forms of mediums from pencils and paints to digital platforms and he even sculpted. There was literally not a thing Taehyung couldn't do when it came to art. Taehyung had even painted the Mona Lisa and in Jimin's humble opinion it was way better than the original. With crazy talent like that, Jimin always wondered why no one was featuring Taehyung's work yet. Why didn't his best friend have a whole gallery to himself yet? Instead, his best friend was still working his way through college art classes to get accreditations so that someday he would be featured in galleries. Meanwhile, a child's painting was being revered by all the known land? How was it that someone could just scribble on a canvas and it was somehow deemed 'art'? Jimin just couldn't understand it at all.

"Hey Tae, how long are you going to continue looking at this one?" Jimin asked as he nudged his best friend who was analyzing the art piece with a critical eye and jotting down notes in his notebook along with quick sketches.

"Hmm, just need to analyze it a bit more before moving on the next exhibit...but you can move ahead to look at something else Minnie. You don't have to follow me around, I'm thankful enough you came with me at all," Taehyung replied while flashing a quick, charming, boxy smile at Jimin before returning his attention the childish drawing.

Jimin pouted for a moment as he didn't really want to look at all the other exhibits by himself, but then again he was really tired of the exhibit they were currently in. None of the paintings here looked like real art in Jimin's opinion and so with a reluctant sigh, he patted Taehyung's shoulder as silent encouragement and then walked off to explore the rest of the exhibits.

As he wandered around from exhibit to exhibit, taking his time, he grew more and more dissatisfied with the works displayed. Nothing there was really eye-catching and more then that, nothing compared to his best friend's work. Maybe he was being biased in thinking that way as there were quite a few pieces even he deemed 'nice', but really Jimin would have much rather rummaged through Taehyung's works then be here.

"Taehyung seriously needs to get featured. None of these are worthy of their spot... I wonder who designed this gallery? Do they know anything about true art?" Jimin whispered to himself as he started walking towards the back where the last exhibit featuring sculptures were. He walked around disinterestedly and merely glanced at everything before sitting down on one of the many backless benches they had around the gallery. He decided to sit in the bench in front of the last statue which was really just a block of marble with the vague shape of a head atop of it. Now that he was done looking around he wasn't sure what to do and he was growing bored of just sitting there.

With yet another sigh, Jimin pulled out his phone and began going through Instagram. Now, this is art, Jimin thought to himself as he liked some photos by an artist Taehyung had introduced him to. Sadly though there wasn't a lot of new things on Instagram for him to see, so after a few minutes he was bored again. He exited the app and was about to click on twitter when he got a notification on Snapchat. He opened the notification and giggled quietly to himself as he watched the short montage of photos his brother had sent him of their dog and her newborn puppies. Jimin wished he could be there to play with the puppies but he wouldn't be able to head home until this weekend which was still three days away. After replaying and saving the snaps, Jimin decided to send a selfie of his own to his brother and so he opened his camera app and began to make funny faces while taking selfies. As he was doing so, he heard someone clear their throat from beside him.

Startled, Jimin lowered his phone and looked up and towards his left to see a tall man with dark red hair and beautiful brown eyes looking at him. The man had a sculpted face with a sharp jawline and he was very muscular. One word ran through Jimin's mind as he stared at the man: HOT. Jimin was swooning just from looking, he was so dazed he didn't even realize the man was wearing a security guard uniform or that he was speaking to him again. It was only when Jimin's eyes rested on the man's gorgeous lips that he recognized the other was actually talking.

"Huh?" He said dumbly not having heard a word. The security guard raised an eyebrow at Jimin, a small smile gracing his lips as he repeated himself.

"I said, please do not take pictures of the artwork," The man said.

Jimin felt his face heat up at that as he quickly apologized and explained himself. "Sorry! I pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter