Chapter 2

Beautiful Monster

We were currently doing an activity that Professor Lee assigned to us when suddenly a girl enters our classroom. She wears all black that made her look mysterious. I look around and noticed that the class is still focus on doing their activity when Professor Lee calls for their attention.

“Class you have your new classmate. Please introduce yourself miss.” He said

The room became full of whispers as they look at her weirdly.

“Is she the one who is currently living in the old abandon house at the end of the village?”

“My mom says that everyone who is living in that house is a Witch”

“She looks creepy”

And many more bad things can be heard. She looks down her head.

“I’m Myoui Mina” she quietly said. “Where should I sit Sir?” she asked Professor Lee.

“You can sit wherever you want.” He said while he goes back on doing his business.

She walks to the vacant sit in front and as she was going to place her things, the girl beside the sit suddenly put her bag there and said “sorry, this sit is taken” with a scared look in her face.

“Oh Ok” she said. She looks around and she see that every vacant sit that she saw earlier are now occupied aside to the one beside me that is in the back.

She walks towards me and then I suddenly recognize her, she’s the new girl at the party the other night.

“Hey, can I sit there?” she asked while pointing to the chair beside me. The whole class eyes bore into me now, waiting for my answer. “Uhm, yeah sure you can” the class mutters things like “Oh no she will just bring bad luck to her”

I ignored them and removed my things in the sit so that she can placed hers.

“Thank you” Mina sat quietly as she pulled out her books.

“Aren’t you the girl at the party the other night?” I asked, suddenly curious why she showed up like a total weirdo today.

“Yes” she replied while reading her book. “Would you mind if I ask you something?” I can’t stop my curiosity.

“If you are wondering why I’m like this, that’s none of your business” she coldly said without looking at me.

I shut my mouth, embarrassed to the failed attempt in starting a conversation with her.

Stupid curiosity

I said in my mind, hitting my forehead. I glance at her direction once again.

“what are you doing to yourself?” she caught me.

Now she’s probably the one thinking you’re the weird one Son Chaeyoung. I scolded myself.

“Oh.. Nothing, just looking at the trash can, I thought I saw a bug crawling on there.” I pretended that I’m looking at the trash can behind her back.

“Where’s the bug! Where’s the bug! Kill it! Go kill it!” she shouted while jumping on her sit and started ordering me to kill the poor imaginary bug. And it seems like she doesn’t have any plans to stop.

“I’m just kidding, there’s no bug there” I said guiltily, not expecting that she will react like that.

Uh Oh, Now you’re in a big trouble. Aish stupid me

“Did you just pull a prank on me?” she said gritting her teeth while piercing her eyes on me. She looks really scary so I unknowingly step my foot backwards, she saw that that’s why she moved forward. Now the attention of the whole class is on us, except Professor Lee who seems to be very busy because he doesn’t even care to look what is happening around him.

“She’s going to die” I heard one girl said that. And it just dawn on me that they thought that she is a witch, and it scares me a lot.

“I didn’t mean to do that please forgive me” I plead

She must have seen the look on my face because she takes her eyes on me and look at the room. Mina goes back to her sit and takes her things away. She looks at me again and said “Just don’t do that again” and then she ran outside the classroom.

Feeling guilty, I followed her. I hurriedly take my things and ran to her.

“Look, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean what I did earlier” I said while trying to match her pace. She looks at me

“Please, leave me alone for a while” tears can be seen on her face while she tried to wipe the tears using her hand. Feeling more guilt, I take my handkerchief and offer it to her.

“Ok, but take it, at least I know that I can help you drying out your tears.” She looks at the handkerchief on my hand and took it unwillingly, and as she did that she started running again.

I went back to the classroom and as I enter, my friend Dahyun hug me. “You’re safe!” she exclaimed “I’m ok Dahyun” I walk straight to my chair.

The class was dismissed and I’m on my way to the cafeteria with Dahyun when I saw Mina sitting under the tree. She’s reading her book and her hair covers half of her face. I suddenly remember the girl in my dreams.

They look similar

I said on my head as I notice the similarity between the two.

“Hey Chaeyoung why did you stop walking?” Dayun asked me.

“Oh Nothing”

Dahyun walked back to me and look at the place I’m looking earlier.

“Do you think she’s really a witch?” Dahyun questioned me “She’s really scary earlier “ She added.

“I don’t think so, and besides I don’t believe on that thing Dahyun” I explained to her.

“Well, she’s too beautiful to be a witch. I really hope she’s not like that because I wanna take her out on a date, and see what she can do on bed” Dahyun said while looking at Mina maliciously.

“Yah! She’s just new here and you planned to belong her to your collection of girls you ert. What if she really turns out to be a witch” I said looking worried about the new girl.

“I thought you don’t believe on that thing” Dahyun look at me suspiciously “Do you like her Son Chaeyoung?” she teased me

“I do not like her!” I said but Dahyun continue to look at me “Mind your own business Kim” I walked out on her trying to escape my evil friend

 “Yah! Wait on me Chaeyoung!” she run out to catch up on me. She really is an evil friend because she keep on teasing me about liking Mina until we reach the cafeteria.

I never see Mina again after I saw her reading earlier. I guess I’ll just talk to her tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: i'm sorry it's just a short upddate.