Band-aid

Gardenia, My Secret Love

It wasn't like Jungkook had planned to fall in love with his best friend of sixteen years, it just...happened. Jimin was just everything he ever wanted in a partner; he was caring and considerate, handsome and cute, and knew how to read Jungkook like the back of his hand. He remembers when his little crush had started, a simple, innocent act of kindness that had affected him so greatly.

*

Five-year-old Jungkook wailed as he sat on the sidewalk, clutching his scraped knee as his tricycle laid its side about three feet away. His knee just badly injured but it was surely enough to scare a little child. What he hadn't noticed though, was another, seven-year-old boy, was hightailing it over to him from down the street.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay?" The high, panicked voice came, along with wide eyes.

The little boy blubbered back and shook his head. "W-Want Mommy and Daddy! K-Koo hurt knee!" His own puffy and swollen eyes opened to stare up at the older boy who frowned down at him.

"Let me see, okay? My name's Jimin. Park Jimin! Your name is...Koo?"

"K-Koo name is-is Jungkook..."

"Oh, of course," Jimin giggled, squatting down in front of the smaller boy and tilting his head. "Okay, Jungkook. Will you let Jimin Hyung see your knee, please?"

He waits until Jungkook let's out a little sniffle, rubbing his reddened nose with his free hand and nods, carefully taking his hand chubby away and squeezing his eyes shut, he was very squeamish at the sight of blood.

"It's not so bad, KooKoo! Jiminie Hyung can fix it all better! How old are you, KooKoo?"

"This m-many..." He says as he holds up one of his hands.

Jimin smiles at the cute action and nods, holding up one of his own hands and two fingers on the other. "Well, I'm this many. Seven!" He beams proudly before reaching down again and pulling out a tissue, dabbing at Jungkook's injured knee. "Mom always makes me keep tissues and band-aids with me." He notes with another delightful giggle.

Jungkook continues staring down at his new Hyung and stays quiet, feeling rather shy. He didn't many friends, none of the other kids liked being around him and called him a crybaby. "J-Jiminie Hyung not think Koo a crybaby?"

The older looks up once more, pouting his lips out and shaking his head no. "Of course not, KooKoo. You're pretty cool," He says, placing a Hello Kitty themed band-aid over the little scratch. "All better now! You should come over to play cars with me sometime, KooKoo! My house is just down the street, but I gotta get home now, bye bye!"

"B-Bye bye, Jiminie Hyung..."

*

God, he had it bad - real bad - considering Jimin was currently in a relationship himself, going on four months now. It killed the younger to know that he wasn't the one making Jimin smile like that or laugh like that, among other things. 

It was that stupid Kim Jihee.

Wait, no. He didn't mean that. She wasn't stupid, she was lovely and she made Jimin happy, he was just jealous, terribly so, in fact. He just wanted Jimin to himself. All to himself. He wanted to make memories with him, go on cliche, cheesy dates, go on romantic trips, plan a wedding (and a honeymoon) and grow old together. 

He just wanted Jimin to want him, to belong, but it seemed that the world just had different plans for him.