Countdown

Sunday Morning
Please log in to read the full chapter
Day 7

The story begins at the end of 60s as it was the 25th of December that day when Hyoseong decided to go outside for a bit of fresh air before returning to the kitchen. She was a terrible cook but she liked trying new recipes especially on Christmas. Hyoseong wore her warmest jacket since it was heavily snowing and headed to the white streets. Walking was a hard task and opening eyes was even harder, the wind was sweeping little and big. Her eyes caught a shop and she immediately went inside. She didn’t care, but once she heard a smooth voice behind her welcoming her, her heart dropped at the visuals.

“You almost flew away, haha. How can I help you Miss” – his smile made her smile and he liked hers.

“Hello! Ah yes. Please give me your best~” – she took off her scarf and sat down observing the shop. It was nicely decorated with picture of people who seemed like friends.

A few moments and he was back with a cup “Our best ‘Sunday Morning’ to you Miss” – he smiled putting down the drink “It is a hot cup of chocolate and coffee… Mind if I give you a brochure of our shop to enjoy while drinking?” – she cared less about it all she was interested in was his voice.

Hyoseong took a few sips of her drink before flipping though the papers, she noticed the name of the shop was Sunday Morning too. “Sunday Morning” she muttered and blushed.

The man  behind the bar noticed her as well. She was a beauty, that was the least to say.

After the wind had calmed down so did the snowfall, she walked up to the counter to pay “Can I take this with me? I would like to read into it.”

“Yes, of course please do~”

“Thank you, a lot. I enjoyed the Sunday Morning. Loved it.” – she was unable to hide her pink cheeks nor her eye smile

“You have a pretty smile Miss~ Oh! Also, this is on the house, please have a Merry Christmas” he handed her a slice of strawberry cake.

Hyoseong bowed a thank you and walked to the door only to stop and turn. “Merry Christmas”

 

Day 6

After yesterday Hyoseong couldn’t stop thinking of the man at the shop. Even during the gifts exchanging she wanted him to be there. Was it love at first sight? She missed him somehow. She wanted to see him. But had to have an excuse to do so.

“Mom, I am going to the library for some books during the New Year Holiday”

“What library nothing is open this early in the morning after Christmas. Hyoseong!” but she was already outside.

She reached the shop faster than yesterday, why she was in such hurry she didn’t know. Fortunately, the shop was open but it was full, which seemed like the people in the wall pictures have come to visit. Hyoseong decided to just peer through the window.

“Hey hyung someone is looking at us. Do you have a stalker or something?”

“Huh? No, I don’t. Who is it?” – the man narrowed his eyes only to see the girl from yesterday. He widely smiled and waved. Hyoseong got all red but bowed and walked away.”

“AAH!!! Why did I do such a silly thing out of nowhere. He must think I am weird.” – she scolded herself enough until she reached her door steps.

“Hyung Hyung!! Is that the woman you described yesterday? The one you asked me to draw. It is definitely her.”

“Yeah. She is beautiful isn’t she. I didn’t think she lived around here. I wanted a memory of her that is why I asked you a favor.”

“Eh~~?”

 

Day 5

“Good morning” – he welcomed with a fade smile only to widen it.

“Good morning, can I have a ‘Vanilla Sunset’ please?” – she blushed while sitting at the same spot as last time.

It took him a few minutes to get the drink ready “Here you go, can I join you for this drink?  Of course, if it doesn’t make you uncomfortable.”

Please log in to read the full chapter