one

cuddles

She was exhausted. Thank goodness IZ*ONE didn’t have any schedules for the next few days (for once). Today had been particularly taxing, but, as always, it was worth it. She was ready to just wash up and head to bed.

 

Chaewon drowsily rubbed her eyes and headed towards her room, barely avoiding Yujin and Wonyoung who were having some sort of battle with Eunbi and Nako on their backs.

 

Just another regular night.

 

The chaos was always there in one way or another, but tonight Chaewon was going to avoid being dragged in and/or hit by something (or someone) and just knock out for the night.

 

She suspected that Wonyoung would head to Yujin’s room tonight, and Sakura would probably go to Chaeyeon’s; there was a very, very high chance that Yena would go to Yuri’s room. That girl slept in her own bed maybe half of the time at best. Well, most of them ended up shuffling around every other night anyways.

 

After washing up and changing into a pair of shorts and a loose white t-shirt, she dropped her body onto the mattress.

 

Thank you, God.

 

--was the last thought she had before drifting off to sleep, ignoring the sounds of screaming and yelling in the other room.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Chaewon’s eyebrows furrowed at suddenly being awoken by something slipping into her bed. In her sleep-induced haze, she could just barely register the feeling of something brushing up against her body.

 

What the--

 

Her eyes cracked open; although, in the back of her mind, she knew exactly what (or who, rather) had just slipped into her bed. She admits that she’d recognize that scent anyways. Even with her back turned, facing away from the intruder, she could tell.

 

“Minjoo?” She whispers sleepily, turning her body and squinting at the figure that was making itself comfortable in Chaewon’s bed.

 

She feels a tug on her arm, forcing her to face the other girl. Even after her body was completely turned, a tug on her other arm worked to pull her in closer.

 

She felt the grip loosen on her arm and instead reach for her shirt, the fabric scrunching up in small hands. Chaewon exhaled softly as the other girl buried her head in the older’s chest.

 

Chaewon hummed in question as she tilted her head downwards to look at Minjoo, brushing the messy hair from her face to coax the other girl out from her hiding spot.

 

“‘was cold,” she mumbled shyly, only peaking out for a second before hiding her face again.

 

Chaewon snorted quietly, mumbling, “Then just get another blanket, dummy, you didn’t need to come here,” but wrapped an arm around her waist anyways. She pulled her in impossibly close, burying her nose into her hair. She loved that scent--Minjoo’s--it comforted her. She’d never, ever, ever, admit it, but it really did. It smelled like home.

 

“I can leave if you want,” the younger girl teases. Chaewon can tell she’s starting to fall asleep.

 

“Nah, ‘m too lazy to get another blanket,” she mumbles back.

 

She smiles gently at the lack of response and the even breathing against her neck. That was quick.

 

“‘night, Minjoo.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Ah, so comfortable.

 

--was the first thing Minjoo thought as she slowly awoke from her slumber. She didn’t feel like getting up or even opening her eyes, for that matter. God, she was just so comfortable.

 

They had stayed in basically the same position throughout the night, except Chaewon’s other hand (not wrapped around her waist) had snuck into one of Minjoo’s. Their hands were loosely interlocked underneath the covers.

 

She always heard things about the sound of birds chirping in the morning and stuff like that, but she found that she had something way better: the sound of Chaewon’s heartbeat. With her head lying against her chest, she could easily make out the soft, steady sound. It calmed her.

 

She felt the slightly sharper inhale as Chaewon woke up as well. The girl groaned softly and squeezed Minjoo’s hand lightly.

 

“Morning,” Chaewon mumbles, looking down at Minjoo even as the other’s eyes are still closed.

 

“Sleep,” Minjoo whines as she nestles further into Chaewon’s embrace.

 

“I’m hungry,” Chaewon whines back, playfully pushing Minjoo away and trying to get up. As comfortable as she was, she had to follow her stomach. If nothing else, that’s what Hyewon had taught her.

 

“No!” Minjoo grumbles, suddenly throwing her body flat onto Chaewon’s in an attempt to get her to stay.

 

“Hey!” Chaewon laughs, pinching Minjoo’s cheeks as best as she could in her position. Minjoo just shook her head aggressively and settled down with her head still lying against Chaewon’s chest.

 

“Minjoo!” Chaewon tried again, but it was hard to be intimidating when she was smiling the way she was.

 

So cute.

 

“Can I post this on my mail?”

 

Huh?

 

“It’s a yes from me!”

 

Who--

 

Chaewon craned her neck and looked towards the door--

 

--and was faced with phone cameras and sly grins.

 

A blush spread across her cheeks as Wonyoung and Nako snapped pictures from the door, childish grins on their faces.

 

“Wonyoung! Nako!” She yelled angrily (tried to), glaring at the two.

 

“Sorry, sorry, we’re going!”

 

She sighed an grumbled about “those stupid kids” as she heard a giggle muffled against her shirt.

 

Chaewon rolled her eyes and huffed, not sure if she should submit to Minjoo’s request or listen to her stomach.

 

“Five more minutes,” she heard before she could decide on what to do.

 

She rolled her eyes again but positioned themselves more comfortably anyways, feeling Minjoo’s smile against her neck.

 

“Five more minutes.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Should we get them? It’s been a pretty long five minutes.”

 

Nako places a finger against her chin in thought. She suddenly brightens with an idea.

 

Wonyoung listens intently and nods enthusiastically, clapping her hands with glee.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

?????????????????????????????????

 

Chaewon only has a moment to be confused before her eyes shoot open and she registers the feeling of multiple bodies piling on top of her.

 

“FOR THE LOVE OF--”

 

“Sowwy!” She hears from one of the bodies laughing above. That Hiichan---

 

“I’m going to kill all of you,” she grumbles while trying to push the bodies off her her or at least onto Minjoo.

 

“Hey!” She hears the other girl whine despite the little laugh in her voice at Chaewon’s distress.

 

All I wanted was breakfast.

 

She gets it, eventually, but only after fighting her way through ten other bodies---

---plus Minjoo's.