The Fire Was Started

My Reflection

I groaned as I awoke from my deep slumber, ugh who even invented mornings? They are literally the worse things ever. I rolled myself out of bed and put on my favourite purple slippers and my way to the washroom to get ready for the day. Today I was going out with a couple of my family members to just hang out and stuff. I wasn't sure what stuff we were going to do since I wasn't really told much, I was just following orders and getting ready. 

I showered, put on my favourite crewneck, a pair of jeans and my vans. A lot of my cousins called me another one of the guys, I didn't really care. I wear whatever is comfortable to me and that's the way I liked it. If I was comfy that's all that mattered to me. 

"Hey Auntie" I smiled widely and went to go give my aunt a hug as she cooked breakfast for the whole family. Oh yeah, one thing I forgot to mention, I'm currently visiting my family members that live in another country, South Korea. So right now her house is currently full, there's me, my mom, my brother Hyunwoo, my sister Eunbi and 3 cousins Jungah, Yebin, and Kwangmin, my male cousin that is my age. Kwangmin was born a couple days before I was, and we were suprisingly very similar in many ways. This is my first time visiting them after years and years of not seeing them, and it's funny how we grew up separately but we are still very very much alike. 

"It's about time you got up! What happened? Did you get stuck to the blankets or something?" She teased at me while serving me my breakfast. "Actually not this time" I flushed a light shade of pink out of embarrassment, as they all would usually make fun of me for sleeping in often. "This time I woke up when my alarm went off, and I didn't hit the snooze button like a thousand times, like I usually do" I laughed awkwardly, trying to hide the fact that it was pretty embarrasssing being known as the sleepyhead of the house. 

My two younger cousins, Yebin and Jungah came running from their rooms laughing, all dressed up and with their hair in pigtails, looking as identical as ever. They made me jealous sometimes, I wish I had a twin too at times. 

"Good morning Sohee!" They said at the same time. Whenever they spoke at the same time they would always remind me of the twins from the movie "The Shining", it was always creepy, and always will be creepy. I for some reason had some kind of way of being able to tell them apart, most people couldn't. They were both 10 years old, had the cutest rosiest cheeks, and beautiful straight black hair. They threw themselves on to me and I hugged them both tightly and gave them a kiss on the top of their heads "Mommy said we're going to Seoul Land!" Yebin exclaimed. I smiled widely, I loved amusement parks so much even though I hadn't gone to many. I only ever went to Disney once, when I was like 8 years old, and I went to Niagara Falls when I was 10, and the timespan between now and then, well is a lot. 

"Sohee won't be coming with us today though, only Hyunwoo and Eunbi are coming with us to Seoul Land" said my auntie. Just as I was about to ask why, I felt a pat on my head. 

"You're coming with me kid." 

The familiar monotone voice had said, and I turned and looked up to see Kwangmin.  "Where are we going then? I really want to go to an amusement park like them too" I frowned slightly at the thought that I wouldn't be able to go to Lotte World with the others. 

"You, me, and a couple of my friends are going to be going to Everland instead, still an amusement park, which has the world's steepest wooden roller coaster." He smirked. 

 


 

"Bye mom, have fun!" I gave my mom a big tight hug before I got in Kwangmin's car. My mother is warm woman, although she has many internal issues and can sometimes be mean, for the most part she is a very kind woman and always puts others before her, she does have a little bit of a short temper though, so that's something we always have to watch out for, for sure. 

"My friend, he saw you the other day when we were hanging outside of the house, he also noticed you when you threw your tantrum and ran upstairs..." Kwangmin said as he kept driving. My eyes widened at the thought that a MALE, had seen ME, throwing a tantrum and running upstairs, and to make things worse, I was wearing my pink onesie with stars on it. Out of all the times his friend could have come, he had to come at the exact moment that I was dressed like that. I mentally face palmed myself before asking, "Is he coming as well or...?" "Yes. He is coming. He said he wanted to meet you." 

My heart skipped a beat, out of pure nervousness and embarrassment. I still couldn't believe someone had seen me in my onesie, I really regretted bringing my pink onesie. 

"His name is Yoongi, he has brown hair and cat like facial features" he said, keeping his eyes on the road

"Interesting..." I said softly as I kept looking out the window. Now I was actually nervous, because this was the first time a boy apparently wanted to meet me. I've had crushes before, but this was making me nervous because this was going to be the first time I had ever met someone who apparently saw me first, and I don't even know what this dude looks like. Also, why does this dude want to meet me? After seeing me throw a tantrum while wearing a onesie too? 

"And my friend Jungkook is coming as well, he's got black hair, it'll be us 4 only" he said in his irritating monotone voice

The car made its first stop, my heart was beating so fast, I don't know why I was so nervous to meet someone for the first time when usually it wasn't this bad. Usually I'd just be awkward but never nervous, nope. We had then arrived to a house, it was a quite nice house, it was a very cozy looking house, a white house with tiles on the roof, and just in front of the house there was a cute little rose bush as well. From the outside you could tell it was a very homey kind of atmosphere that surrounded it. 

"Hey guys!" Out the door came a cheeky boy with black hair, a very warm and friendly smile was worn on his face as he approached the car. "Hey Kwangmin! This is your cousin... Uhm... Sohee! Right?" I smiled at him and nodded, the nervousness was gone "Yes, I'm Sohee, it's nice to meet you" 

"My name is Jungkook, and the pleasure is all mine" He grinned widely just before getting into the back seats of the car. Jungkook seemed like a very warm person, although this was the first time I was meeting him I did in fact feel very at ease, he emitted postivity and comfort, which was much needed in my very nervous state at the moment. 

"Uhm, are we going to go pick up your other friend?" I asked Kwangmin 

"Nah, he has his own car and he said he'd go by himself" and just at that moment his phone vibrated 

*Bzzt bzzt*

"Can you check that message for me Sohee?" 

"Sure" I picked up the phone and read the message that appeared on the screen. "He says he's almost there, that he'll be there in 10 minutes, he had to stop for gas on the way" 

"Hmm," he nodded "I'm surprised his parents let him take the car today, also it's a little weird to see him driving, he almost never does" Jungkook laughed "He most likely wanted to take the car because he's feeling extra hungry today" 

I was just as confused as ever, what did all of that mean? Who knows, I guess I'll find out when I finally meet this Yoongi character. 

 

We had finally arrived to Everland, I hopped out the car and stetched widely "Uwaaaaah~ I can walk again, I almost felt like my whole body was going to go numb, sitting for a long long time " I laughed and turned to look at Kwangmin and Jungkook as they were barely getting out of the car. Jungkook smiled and chuckled softly at my actions "You're pretty small Sohee, I thought you would have been taller" he teased at me. 

"H-hey don't make fun of my height so soon, we just barely met and I was starting to like you!" I squinted my eyes at him for about 2 seconds just before laughing. I mean he wasn't wrong, I was pretty short. I was 1.50, which was really small compared to Jungkook and Kwangmin, Kwangmin was about 1.70 from what I last heard. 

"On the bright side, your legs are pretty long, so from afar you do look tall, but then up close" he pinched his thumb and his forefinger together and squeezed an eye shut "you're pretty tiny"

"Kwangmin I wanna go home now I feel very offended" 

Kwangmin and Jungkook just laughed at me, and suddenly Jungkook stopped laughing right when he saw the red sedan pull up into the parking spot beside Kwangmin's car. 

"Well well well, look who we have here" Jungkook grinned as he walked over to the red sedan. I peeked over to look at the car and could only see the passenger seat, and what they said was true, the person in the car definitely had some snacks before coming, and I turned away because I was nervous yet again. Might I remind you, I don't get nervous when meeting new people, there is absolutely no reason for me to and I don't understand why I am so nervous right in this moment. I heard the driver seat door open and shut and I heard a very mature voice say "Sorry I'm late, I had to get gas on my way here." "Gas for the car, or stuff to refill your other tank?" Jungkook teased at him, and I slowly turned to look at both of them, Jungkook was patting the other male's stomach as the other male seemed unimpressed. 

I chuckled softly at the sight of those two, just before I was tugged by the sleeve of my sweater by Kwangmin getting pulled towards the other two males. 

"Yoongi, this is Sohee" He tugged at me a bit more and softly pushed me a bit closer. I slowly looked up to the brown haired male "H-hi, it's nice to meet you" I could feel the awkwardness in my smile make its great appearance, I hated when I got like this, because I knew that my cheeks were once again turning pink. 

Yoongi rubbed the nape of his neck and smiled awkwardly too

*bump bump*

"Hey, my name is Yoongi. It's nice to meet you" he put his hand out, and I took it. We shook hands. 

 


 

"Woooooooo!" I was screaming at the top of my lungs as the coaster made it's way down, everyone behind me was screaming, Kwangmin on the other was holding tight onto my arm with the most terrified look on his face, which was absolutely priceless! You could hear Jungkook and Yoongi yelling from behind us as well, and suddenly we heard

"Guys! I think I'm feeling a little sick!" it was Yoongi. "This is what happens when you eat before going on a roller coaster! Don't puke on me please I beg you!" Jungkook was yelling in the most horrified voice, I was feeling somewhat sorry for the guy but I lowkey wanted to see it happen, I need a funny experience for the day!

When the roller coaster stopped, and the seats were unfastened, Yoongi ran to the closest garbage can, and let me tell you, that boy can RUN. He looked into the garbage can since he was so queasy he felt like the vomit was going to come on any time now. I stood nearby as Jungkook and Kwangmin stood right beside him, keeping their hands on his shoulders as a way of reassurance that we were still there. Luckily, he didn't end up vomiting. He seemed a bit childish, but it was cute. I know most girls wouldn't find that attractive but I don't know, some personality traits are cute to me. 

After he recovered we went to go get him some water, and get food to eat as well for us since we hadn't eaten up until that point. The three of them were walking in front of me as I tagged along behind them. I glanced up to look at them, and noticed Yoongi had turned to look back, and once our eyes met we both looked away. I looked down at the floor as we kept walking to the food court, before Kwangmin stopped in his tracks and I crashed right into him

"Oof- be careful Kwangmin!" I pushed myself away from him

He turned to look at me unbothered, and then gave me a smirk before messing up my hair, as the other two laughed at our interaction. "Oh you think this is funny?" I rolled my eyes at the boys. "What do you guys want to eat?" asked Jungkook 

"I'm not a picky eater, whatever you guys want to eat, I'll eat as well" I answered back. I've never been a picky eater, I eat everything. 

Jungkook nodded, and asked Yoongi "Are you going to want your usual?" "Yeah just my usual" Jungkook and Kwangmin gave each other a look before saying "Alright then, you two can go look for a place for us to sit, while we go get food." Jungkook grinned cheekily at both me and Yoongi before walking away with Kwangmin to go get our food. 

We walked beside each other in silence, looking for a spot to sit. I accidentally looked up at him and when he noticed I pretended to just look at the sky "Heh, oh wow look it looks like it might rain later today, I hope my siblings are having a good time at Seoul Land" I tried to laugh it off

"You have younger siblings?" He asked, seemingly genuinely interested. "Yeah I do, I have a younger brother, his name is Hyunwoo, he's 13 years old, and a younger sister named Eunbi, she's 17 years old" I replied as we got to the open spot, that was pretty much in the middle of the food court. 

"That's pretty cool," Yoongi smiled softly "so you're the oldest?" I nodded at him "Yes, I'm the old one of the bunch" I pretended to wipe a tear away and laughed. "Me too," he grinned "I have 2 younger siblings as well, two younger brothers and both are actually the same age as your siblings, coincidence huh?" We both laughed at the small coincidence and thing we had in common. I wondered what else we had in common so I asked "What kind of music do you like?" He took his phone out and tapped on his music app, and handed his phone to me. I scrolled down his music list and blinked in amazement, well I was pretty surprised, not everyone listened to the same kind of music as me but there he was, right in front of me, a human with the same music taste as me. 

"That's pretty awesome, we have the same taste in music!" I said happily as I took my phone out and put on my music app to show him my music. He took my phone and scrolled down, after a while he let out a soft chuckle and looked up at me curling the corner of his lips slightly as he smiled "Another coincidence?" 

*bump bump*

"Hey guys! Awesome spot you chose, y'all definitely wanted to be the centre of attention huh?" Jungkook teased at us both as I looked down, feeling a little shy because of what happened. I know what you must be thinking, they were just coincidences. What does it matter? I don't know why my heart skipped a couple beats, it must be acting crazy all of a sudden and to be honest I'm not quite sure

The guys set the food down on to the table and we all dug in, and just as I had mentioned it to Yoongi before, it really was going to rain, and to make matters worse we were eating outside in the food courtyard. I tried eating faster, and then I felt a raindrop on my head, and started seeing raindrops falling on the table and that's when I started panicking. See, my parents raised to in a way that I should be grateful for all my food, especially if someone else bought it for me, so I stuffed in as much food as possible into my mouth not caring if any of the boys were watching me or not, and well yeah Yoongi was watching the whole thing go down. 

He blinked as he watched me stuff the food into my mouth "Wow Sohee, if you were that hungry you should have said so before" and he laughed loudly as I sat there across from him, mouth stuffed, not being able to speak, but I squinted my eyes at him, hoping my eyes would do all the talking. Soon enough, rain started pouring like crazy all of a sudden, and we all had to leave to get somewhere dry. 

Me and the guys started running, well they were running and I was trying to keep up "Can you guys slow down a bit? My legs are smaller than yours and I have a hard time keeping up" I whined playfully, laughing as well at my own struggle since of course it isn't new to me, but I can just imagine we probably look funny to other people. We got to a shop and stood under the roof that acted like an umbrella to us protecting us from the rain. Jungkook and Kwangmin had gone inside to take a look at the souvenirs, and I stayed outside under the shade, taking in our surroundings. They weren't much, I watched people run, laughing, as they all tried to get away from the rain.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, taking in the scent of the wet grass that now filled the air. The smell which reminded me of early morning dew. I opened them and turned to look at the door to see if the guys were coming out, but I hadn't realized that Yoongi was still outside as well. He was leaning on one of the poles that kept the shade above our heads stable and standing. He was also observing the surroundings. He was really pretty, I felt like I melted a little seeing the soft and calm expression on his face. 

"Here Sohee," I felt a poking at my arm and turned to see Kwangmin holding out an umbrella for me to take. "Oh, thank you!" "No problem, your mother would kill me if I let you stay out in the rain just to catch a cold" he said as he took out another umbrella from the bag of souvenirs. "Yoongi, for you." Yoongi turned and took an umbrella, also thanking Kwangmin "I'll pay you back later." Kwangmin shrugged "It's cool don't worry about it, it's good to have spare umbrellas, you never know what the weather has in store for the day" 

 

As the day went on me and Yoongi spoke a bit more, and honestly it was freaky how many things in common, it was like meeting a boy version of me, you know what I mean? Except the appearance part, we didn't look alike too much... well at all. But he was cute, I thought he was pretty cute and had a nice deep voice, he's a caring person even though he doesn't look like it, he had a cold appearance but he was a very nice and warm person, I liked that. I wanted to get to know him more, he seemed like an interesting person. 

 


 

Hey everyone, thank you for reading my foreward before I put out my first chapter, it's a little hard to keep going when you've got things going on and when you get a little bit too addicted to playing sims LMFAOOOO

ANYWAYS what did you think of the first chapter? Is it too short? Too long? I know Yoongi isn't everyone's bias but he's mine uwu <3 But yes anyways please stay updated, subscribe, upvote, whatever you think this is worthy of go ahead and spread that luvvvv or some feedback would be nice too! THANK YOU FOR READING MY FIRST CHAPTER AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE REST OF MY FANFICCCC. The next chapter will be coming in 2 days so stay tuned and also I promise I'm going to add more interaction between the characters and everything so it's not like... a weird story I guess you could say? Loool, I love you all beautiful creatures <3