I Compliment You [JEONGHYO]

Jihyo Scribbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon's POV

The girls and I are scheduled for a radio show today, this time it's at Tei's - one of my personal favorite DJs that we've come across our entire promotion for Likey. It's going to be a very hectic and busy shedule as we're running at five weeks. My train of thought went into oblivion but my eyes had a life of their own as they landed on a certain brunette across the room. 

Jihyo's busy fiddling with a piece of paper - probably the script that the radio show sent for us in advance. I took this as an opportunity to stare at the beauty before me. She had her natural hair on today, which meant she had no plans to wear extensions. Her natural look is my personal favorite. She looked so carefree and pure and all kinds of beautiful.

I've been eyeing her since the day we met, since our pre-debut days, and I've tried my best to show my charms which she gladly accepted this whole time we've been friends. It's always been like that between the both of us; flirting with each other and being clingy and touchy-feely and all over each other off-camera but never had the guts to ask each other out. I've always planned to do that but our managers seem to think the opposite. They think it's still too early into our debut for me to come out as biual and that it would bring so much controversy to the group and affect its success if ever one member was dating a fellow member. I followed their advice of course. So now, here we both are, in our early twenties and still in a flirty yet 100% platonic relationship.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Jihyo call out my name. She had caught my staring at her which earned me a smirk from the brown-haired goddess. I ignored it and asked her what she called my attention for. 

"What can I do for you, princess?" I asked and she rolled her eyes but her cheeks still flushed in the process. 
"It says here in the script that there's going to be a segment wherein we all compliment each other, so you better prepare a good one for me." she told me in a serious but slightly playful tone. I smirked, planning to play along this conversation that she initiated. 
"Oh yeah? And what's in it for me, princess Park? A kiss on the cheek, maybe?" I retaliated, my smirk widening as I saw her cheeks flush again. 
"That depends on what your answer will be to the question I'm about to ask you." she said in a low voice, her face now turning into a serious one. I frowned in confusion.
"What do you mean?" I asked her, matching her serious tone.
"When are you gonna stop giving me the playful and flirtatious remarks and all the slightly inappropriate touches like I'm some random girl from a bar, and start treating me seriously like a grownup woman that I am now?" she asked, almost desperate for an actual answer from me.

I was speechless and confused. Where is all this frustration coming from? I thought what we had was okay for her. I thought I was the only one longing for something serious between us. Is this her indirectly telling me she wanted more, too?

We were staring at each other now, neither one breaking eye contact or uttering a word. We were a few feet away from each other but you can cut this heavy tension with a knife. Our staring contest was cut short when Tzuyu came into the living room, telling us it's time to head out for the radio station and is clearly & comple

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter