Final

Of Red Cheeks and Purple Roses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the last bell of the school day rings, students pack up their things and make a dash for the door. While Sooyoung makes a beeline towards me.

 

“Seul, I heard that Irene just rejected Park Bogum. Park. ing. Bogum. Basically the prince of this school.” Sooyoung fangirls over our star soccer captain.

 

I cocked my right eyebrow up, “okay and-?” I asked confused on why she told me this piece of information.

 

“AND he’s PARK BOGUM. Basically EVERY girl likes him, they would literally kill to be in Irene’s spot. Ugh, even I’m jealous.” Sooyoung huffs out. I snicker slightly, amused by her dramatic behavior. 

 

“Calm down Soo, I don’t think he even knows you exist.” I say as I pack up my belongings, shoving them inside my small backpack. 

 

Sooyoung gasps, clutching her chest as if she was offended while pulling back a little, “exCusE mE? Everyone knows I exist, I’m famous here duh.” She says flipping her hair as she does. 

 

I stand up while swinging my backpack so I’m wearing it, “yeah yeah, if you say so.” I say unbelievingly, rolling my eyes at her. 

 

“Uh don’t roll your eyes at me missy. Anyway, are you finally going to confess to a certain Bae Irene?” She asks teasingly, wiggling her eyebrows as she walks beside me. 

 

I keep a straight face but my bright red face gives away my true emotions. “I... don’t know what you mean.” I feign ignorance, walking at a slightly faster pace. Sooyoung, having longer legs than me, catches up to me in no time. Curse those long legs, I think to myself.

 

“Jesus Seul, you should know by now how bad you are at lying. So I’m taking that as you don’t have a plan?” She concludes. I sigh and turn to look at her nodding dejectedly.

 

“No, I don’t have a plan, happy now?” I huff out, turning on my heel and walking again. Sooyoung hesitates for a second not expecting that before catching up with me.

 

“Hm, well, since you’re my best friend I’ll help you out, I AM an expert on girls after all.” She states proudly.

 

I burst into a laughing fit, momentarily pausing to double over. “Oh god Soo- HAHAHHAHAA THATS THE FUNNIEST THING IVE HEARD- YOU? EXPERT? ON GIRLS? HAHAHAHHA IM SORRY-“ I laugh harder as I think about it again, wiping tears that were forming in my eyes. A few seconds later I calm down, glance at Sooyoung and snicker again as I see her glaring at me.

 

“Yes. Me. I’m an expert on girls and it’s JOY to you.” She spits and storms off. I chuckle and catch up with her again.

 

“Ah sorry S- I mean JOY, but yes I do want your help just- as long as Yeri doesn’t help” I shudder as I speak the name of the Satan spawn. I look behind me, half expecting her to pop up there but sigh in relief as she isn’t.

 

“oh? i heard my name.” 

 

I let out a high-pitched scream. 

 

“YERI- DONT SCARE ME LIKE THAT-“ I shout slightly, still startled. The Satan spawn cackles in amusement while shaking her head.

 

“No promises Unnie, anyways I heard my name?” Yeri looks at me while I look away, resulting in her looking at Joy. Joy, of course being the whipped person she is for Yeri, confesses right away.

 

“Well, I’m going to help her ask Irene to be her Valentine’s” Joy says proudly. I shake my head at her, she brags about how Yeri is whipped for her and yet look at her. 

 

Yeri turns her head towards me, “you do know that she rejected Bogum right? Bo. Gum.” She emphasizes his name. I sigh again, of course his name pops up AGAIN.

 

“Okay, so?” I ask exasperated.

 

“Sooooo barely anyone rejects him, meaning Irene has high standards and uh wellllllll-“ Yeri drawls out as she sizes me up and down.

 

“WOW- fine- I get it now.” I stick my tongue out at them and march out.

 

“Ey guys stop teasing the poor bear” Seungwan says as she walks next to us, her bag in her hands. I pout as she walks next to me, cuddling by her side.

 

“Wannie~ this is why you’re my favorite.” I say hugging her loosely while glaring at the two devils, who in return grin while sticking out their tongue. Wendy pats my head sympathetically as I slightly bend down to lay my head on her shoulder.

 

“Aw cmon Seulgi Unnie knows that we’re joking.” Yeri says grinning cheekily, Joy nods while holding the same cheeky smile. 

 

“Ugh, devil children.” I mutter under my breath, loud enough for Wendy to hear it, causing her to snicker and silently nod in agreement. 

 

“Okay okay, now let’s help you get your Valentine” Joy says loudly while clasping her hands together.

 

“Hm? Seulgi has a valentine?” Irene asks popping up from behind us, effectively startling every one of us.

 

“H-huh? I-Irene unnie? Uh valentine? I don’t know what you’re talking about...” I stutter my answer out, looking away from her. Joy, who is now beside me, nudged me and threw a warning. I understood it clearly, shut up you’ll screw everything up if you talk. It was THAT look. 

 

Irene her head to the side slightly, with a look that showed dissatisfaction, “mhm okay, and didn’t I tell you to call me Joohyun?” Irene- Joohyun says, pouting. It took all of my will power to not go and kiss her right then and there. 

 

“Y-yeah sorry Ir- I mean Joohyun Unnie.” I smile sheepishly at my small mess up. She lets out a small smile, hardly noticeable but oh so beautiful. For seconds I just stood, admiring that small smile that meant everything to me, knowing I was the one who caused that. 

 

“Oh also, Seul wanna go get ice cream with me? Yongsun is planning her Valentine surprise to Moonbyul since it’s tomorrow so she ditched me.” Joohyun pouts again, her warm brown eyes seem to plead at me to join her. Almost instantly I nod in agreement.

 

“Of course! Anything for my favorite unnie!” I say causing her to smile at me while I smile brightly back at her, secretly happy that we would get to spend time alone together. Thank god for Yongsun, I thought to myself. 

 

“Oh? I thought your favorite Unnie was Sunmi unnie?” Joy commented with a Cheshire grin plastered on her face, my face fills with horror and I shoot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter