Vegas.

That Bruno's song.

 

It was 5am and she was already, on time as always, waiting at the airport’s waiting seats. Although for some last-minute mistake, she had barely had time to pack and sleep.

Park Chorong did not understand why the company's presumably new US partners wanted their meeting to be in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Anyway, if they wanted to expand the business, as it is why she was hired for, there was no other option than to meet their expectations.

They didn’t expect the meeting would be this soon, but the new partners had eccentric tastes.

 

In her mind, she reviewed her plan while taping her purse; It was just a meeting, she would smile and talk sweetly but assertively. So, with effort and some luck, she would get a new investment and triumphantly return home.

The problem was…

 

                                "Good morning Chorong unnie"

Yoon Bomi.

 

The girl was smiling broadly despite the early hour.

"Good morning, Miss Yoon." She got up and responded cordially. Causing the other to look at her strangely.

"Miss Yoon? Are you serious?" The girl, who had short brown hair and dark brown eyes went closer to her, causing Chorong to look around nervously. "A few nights ago, it was Bom-ah," she whispered against her ear.

 

Trying the best she could to control her facial expression, she grabbed the handle of her suitcase, taking it to the check-in area. Ignoring Bomi’s remark and leaving her alone.

With a sigh the latter followed her to the line dragging her own suitcase.

 

 

 

The Yoon family had three children. Only a year ago, the youngest and only daughter entered the company.

Although, it wasn’t entirely her will.

 

After a lawless life and receiving several second chances —because after all, it was her family and they loved her—, she hit bottom so Mr. Yoon gave her an ultimatum.

She must, like her two older brothers, join the family business.

They would not tolerate their only daughter squandering the money they earn with so much effort and wasting her life.

 

That's why she was put on test in SPRING CO., with a few rules.

 

As expected from a young and spoiled Bomi who had never worked seriously, there were some problems the first week. That’s why therefore, she was assigned to work with Park Chorong, who had already three years of experience in the place.

She was a skilled business agent and was also a serious and respected person.

Mr. Yoon thought it would be good if his daughter had some kind of authority by her side. Something that, in a good way, they tried to impose on Bomi for years, without much of a success.

He himself hired Chorong just after she was graduated, because he saw the potential and had not been wrong. She was beyond good at her job and quickly rose to an important position.

 

And there’s a say, good taste is inherited.

 

From day 1 Bomi put her eyes on the girl, because in addition to being a smart and charming person, she was beautiful and definitely her type.

But after insinuating lot of times she was firmly rejected.

 

She was reminded of one of the few rules that Mr. Yoon imposed; she couldn’t date anyone from the office, since that would distract her from her duties.

And of course, Park Chorong wasn’t going to go against her boss. Not after how well he had treated her and the trust he had given her.

 

That could stop Bomi's attempts, but it didn’t prevent their relationship from evolving.

 

 

Day after day, spending time together at work had made them both know each other really well and little by little they became inseparable. A set.

Since the work was often stressful, they had known their worst sides and of course the best ones too.

 

Park Chorong discovered that Yoon Bomi was actually a good person despite her rebellious past. Her energy was contagious, her personality was charming and everyone in the office was comfortable working with her.

Yoon Bomi discovered that Park Chorong, behind that strict facade was someone simple and noble-hearted. She could smile and treat everyone kindly even if her day was heavy. She even made sure that everyone received their birthday congratulations and some cake.

 

Soon enough, even their work had improved. Since they were comfortable with each other.

They were the dynamic duo of the company and Mr. Yoon couldn’t be happier.

Not only did her daughter go from being a spoiled child to a grown-up, responsible woman, but her ability to convince and negotiate also flourished. It was in her blood after all.

Now the chairman was confident that his daughter might be able to carry out some tasks outside the country. Of course, with Chorong.

 

 

It was on one of the many trips, about five months ago that, after a few drinks celebrating the end of a new great deal, they crossed the line that Park Chorong had marked;

Skinship had become something natural between them and occasional high-pitched comments were made. But nothing beyond a simple romp, that even their coworkers fed.

 

 

As a Chorong picked up her clothes from the floor of Bomi's hotel room, she swore furiously that it would not happen again.

Bomi felt hurt at that moment, but hid it as best she could, taking the situation calmly.

When they were in the plane back to Korea, Bomi promised that no one would find out and that she wouldn’t try anything in the future, to ease her.

 

Bomi fulfilled her promise on the next trip.

 

However, this time it was Chorong who found herself betraying her own words.

 

While she was dressing, after losing control the previous night over her own instincts, Bomi watched her from the bed, waiting for the girl to make the same scandal as the last time.

But the only thing she said was "We must be at the airport in about an hour."

 

 

 

That became a habit. Their secret.

One would go into the other's room —sometimes bumping into each other in the hallway, since they had the same idea— and the next day, they acted as if nothing had happened. Even if they were exhausted and constantly having memory flashes about what they did.

 

But then the problem was… that it no longer only happened on their business trips.

 

A few times, when they were all alone in the office, they let loose their desires.

It didn’t matter who started it —Chong didn’t know, but Bomi kept track of who started the event each time...

It may sound weird, but she just liked to think that it was something mutual and equally wanted.

Relax, she’s not a creep, not that she thinks she is. She didn't write down the count, it was only in her head. Not a total creep ok? 

 

 

Nevertheless, just a week ago they were caught.

It was Kim Namjoo, part of the planning team, someone she said, they could trust.

But that was a ground call for Chorong.

 

If she continued this, not only was her work at risk, but Bomi would also suffer the consequences. She had barely regained her family's trust and it was obvious how important it was to her.

It could have been anyone else who happened to open the door that day in lunch hour, when everyone else went to the cafeteria except for the pair.

It all started with compliments about how good Chorong’s legs looked with that skirt, when Bomi attacked passionately her neck with wet kisses while she was sitting on the desk letting her nails burying in the lightly exposed skin of the back of the short haired woman.

They could have been in a much hotter situation… or worse, it could be Mr. Yoon himself the lucky one to see them!

The man often visited the offices because, he wanted to keep the sense of familiarity inside the company even if they were now a big fish of the business world.

She would be fired, she wouldn’t oppose, she thinks she deserves it. But Bomi would surely be expelled by her family for betraying the last chance her father gave her.

 

When Namjoo humorously suggested that they should look for a room and left the office laughing, Chorong once again swore that it would not happen again.

Bomi promised also that she’ll keep her hands to herself. But this time she added something.

"…however, if it’s you who come to me, I’m willing to not stop."

 

So Chorong took it seriously, she knew Bomi, for the way she loses herself doing it, is addicted as well.

 

 

 

The 14 hours trip was quiet. They were both mostly sleeping or talking about the food, the movie they were watching or business. It was impressively comfortable despite the fact that in their minds was present that line that said 'DO NOT PASS', redrawed. Yes, in capital letters.

 

When they arrived at the hotel where they would stay for one day and two nights, as if it were a joke, they realized that they would share a single room. As it was booked by SPRING CO.

As always, Bomi took the situation with good humor.

"Anyway, we never need two rooms..." the comment came out innocently from Bomi's mouth when the receptionist handed them the access card, but Chorong got angry and Bomi regretted saying so.

 

 

 

After taking a shower, Chorong decided not to let this affect her simple plan. She would focus in work and forget the fact that she would share a bed with someone she isn’t supposed to anymore.

 

Bomi by her side was having a hard time too.

 

Seeing the business woman’s wet black locks falling to the right side of her head, add that she’s in a robe, was a kind of an aphrodisiac that, until a few weeks ago,

had always worked to start one more round.

 

 

However, she couldn’t stop thinking about how scared Chorong looked when Namjoo saw them. The least she wanted was to see her suffer.

And by continuing this "tradition" —as she often called it—, they could fire her. And Bomi sees herself like she still didn’t have enough power in the company to protect her, she must be careful.

She doesn't want her out of her life like that. 

So, she also took a cold shower to ward off any inopportune idea.

 

 

Upon leaving the bathroom, she found that Chorong was standing in front of the door with her arms crossed and visibly angry. "Look at this," she said, extending a small card.

Bomi took it reluctantly, thinking about what she could possibly had done wrong this time.

'We think the office is not as comfortable as a romantic suite, so, enjoy. LOVE IS LOVE -Planning Team 3~ '

 

 

Poor Kim Namjoo. She shouldn’t have answered her phone. However, she did and got a long reprimand from a fuming Chorong.

She had manipulated the reservations and travel dates so that they could have, in Namjoo's words, "a trip of business and pleasure at the same time".

Although the girl assured her that the team members were happy for them and that they saw their relationship with good eyes, that didn’t stop Chorong from worrying, even more.

Now they had 3 days off before the actual meeting with the businessmen. Something they would need to explain the next meeting with the board.

 

 

"You shouldn’t have shouted her like that, she just wanted to be nice," Bomi said once she felt it was safe to talk again.

"Yoon Bomi, do you realize what this means?" She asked with folded arms and sat on the bed.

"That we got up too early just to be fooled… and that I didn’t pack enough clothes?" Bomi took a bite of the apple she took from the fruit bowl over the tea table.

"The whole office might know by now. Your father and your family will find out soon" Chorong buried her face in her hands.

Bomi went to her side and tried to reassure her by hugging her.

 

"I will do my best so that you do not get fired, don’t worry. I will tell my father it was all my fault and-"

"-And they will exile you from your family." Chorong said with tears threatening to leave.

"They won’t exile me... Mom won’t ever let that happen." She smiled. "And after 35 years of marriage, Dad knows he can’t go against her"

Chorong smiled, despite how worried she was. That was one of the effects Bomi had on her.

“We can manage it. We’ll tell them it was merely a logistics mistake.” Bomi took her phone and started making calls.

 

 

 

 

"... I'll tell you something, since we have these two full days for us, why don’t we just enjoy it?" said Bomi when Chorong was calmed.

"I won't sleep with you Bomi..." Chorong said rubbing her eyes. "Well, I'll sleep with you because obviously none of us will sleep on the couch, but nothing will happen."

"Hahaha Ok. I didn’t mean anything anyway." Bomi got up from the bed and went beside the wide window. "But I'm serious... you know what they say, what is done in Vegas, stays in Vegas."

"Do you want to bet all your money in the casino?"

"Umm... No. I'm not the same as before," Bomi said looking away through the window.

Since she joined the company... no, since she met Chorong, everything has changed. "I just want to have fun with you...

I mean, next to you, with you. You and me, together. Not like THAT together.. gezz, you get it, right?" she corrected nervously.

 

 

Chorong decided to go out only on one condition —after all, she’s a negotiating ace.

No alcohol.

She had already verified that it is a trigger.

 

 

And so, they did.

 

They walked through the streets enjoying the night scenery and street shows.

The lights were blinking everywhere and everything felt like a new experience.

 

Although they can be considered friends, they had never gone for a walk together or partied, at least not outside of their company parties.

The last MT (member training), Chorong suddenly became ill and had to leave after a few hours, frustrating Bomi's plans for a walk on the trails of the hills behind the premises of the place.

Another day when she asked her to go to hiking, something came up and they had to fly to London next day. Not that they didn’t enjoy the trip anyway, and she wasn’t complaining having Chorong all for herself… but sometimes Bomi just wished a new experience for them.

 

 

That’s why it felt good.

Leaving the problems behind for a while. Enjoying a different scenario. Knowing more about the person you like.

They didn’t do extraordinary things, but mundane tourist rutines.

 

Because, both have accepted it a long time ago.

It is undeniable that they like each other. There is chemistry among them. Even their co-workers noticed it.

 

 

That night, none slept though.

It was perhaps the first time they were in a bed together only with the intention of sleeping, however, their heads were occupied with too much things at once.

They were lying down, each one turned to their own side. Avoiding to see each other.

 

All the moments they have shared passed like a movie in their heads.

 

Chorong felt her heart beating so hard that she was afraid that she would notice. She had the image of Bomi looking at her as if there wasn’t anything else around the whole night. But also she remembered, Bomi always looks at her like that.

Bomi struggled against the urge to hug her and, instead she held her pillow tightly. The way Chorong smiled wholeheartedly at her the whole night did something to her. The sound of her voice calling her ‘Bbom-ah’ again really melted her.

 

 

The next day, something had changed in both of them. No. It was just clearer.

Being in a bed with her and not being able to hold her, sync their heartbeats, sharing warmth and laying so far of each other wasn’t something they wanted.

What they feel when they see one another was clear. It has a name.

 

*A four-letter name this author won't say too much.*

 

 

 

"Yoon Bomi" "Park Chorong" they said at the same time after turning off the alarm —wide awake at 7 am.

 

"You first" Bomi said smiling.

"Do you want... this... ehh" The black-haired girl began to play with her fingers. She has never been someone of impulses, there must always be a plan.

But this time she had no idea where all this had come from or where it was going. There must be something in Las Vegas’ water.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" said Chorong once she got the courage.

"Yes. I want." The short-haired girl answered simply.

 

 

 

 

"So... We're girlfriends." Chorong corroborated, a little uneasy at the lack of emotion in Bomi's voice.

"Yeah." This time Bomi turned to Chorong looking into her eyes, relieving the latter’s nerves and making her smile.  "My turn."

 

 

 

 

It was perhaps the least expected way for the next thing to happen. But that was Bomi, a box of surprises.

 

"Will you marry me?"

 

"Last night I saw the Elvis-style wedding chapels"

 

"We can buy the rings in the jewelry store in front of the hotel"

 

"I always wanted a white dress with a long tail"

 

“We could blank the company’s card”

 

“What about your father and your family?”

 

“Actually, he told me I should introduce you to my brother… Anyway, they like you already."

 

“That’s a relief.”

 

“So… Marry me?”

"Yes. Let’s go Bbom-ah."

 

 

 

 

 

The end~

 

Actually, it ends with them holding hands looking at the rings that were now on their ring fingers on their flight back home... Thinking about the best way to drop the news.

But yeah. Fin.

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: SURPRISE! NotAFan95 is back! And it’s Valentines’ Day! (in my country at least)

May ChoBom bless all Firetrucks in earth.

Special guest: My fabulous, flawless, Diva, CEO and ChoBom’s daughter, Namjoo.

That Bruno Mars’ song I’m refering to here is “Marry you” pretty obvious duh...

 

Sorry if it's lame and there are typo/gram errors but after all this time without writing is actually miraculous that I've done this hehe. 

Also, this is my first One Shot, I thought I wasn't capable of doing this! 
Is not easy for me to put all these crazy ideas in my head that would fill long chapters in just one.
But is not that I can write those ideas correctly either and actually fill lots of pages... and this is why it took me too long to post a new fanfic. 
Even when last ChoBom's day (3/01/19) I wrote something, it didn't satisfied me so... I'm still working on it.

Let me know your thoughts about the story or whatever, is free~

Question: Would you like a crazy-impromptu-Vegas’-style wedding?

I must say, I'm not against the idea even if I don't want to get married (that's part of the contradictory thing I mentioned in the foreword).  

After all, I am a dumb looking for something dumb to do…*