Announcement

The Intern.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a few months since the new intern in my department got hired. All he has done since working here, has made me annoyed with everything he does. If he breathes near me and I have to leave the room to calm down. Somehow he really pisses me off, I've even had to asked a close co-worker of mine about some of the issues that I've had with him. He sees the intern in a positive light and that how the new kid is eager to learn, so it's a good quality to have in a new employee. Blah blah he's really nice blah and so on. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at all most every positive comment he made about him. Everyone in the department is his fan of him.

 

I caught a glimpse of his side profile talking to another worker, exhaled loudly and proceeded to look at the clock in the corner of my computer screen. Thankfully there's only ten minutes left until the lunch break. Admittedly I haven't done much of anything today except make a phone call or two to some of our clients. I mindlessly stared at the computer screen until I heard this instant manager call my name loudly from across the room. I peered over my cubicle to see that he was pointing at our department managers office and raising his eyebrows repeatedly. I hung my head in embarrassment as I got what he was implying and strolled over to the office ashamed.

 

Unfortunately I wasn't alone the intern happened to be standing next to me, I awkwardly smiled and then proceeded to look at our manager. I instantly wanted to smack my mouth for smiling.

 

“I have some great news for the both of you” he boasted with a huge grin on his face.

 

“Oh?” the intern let out as he tilted his head like a curious puppy which made me even more annoyed.

 

“Both of you will be sent off to a two-day seminar” He rejoice clapping his hands a few times.

 

My brain didn't grasp what he said at first and I had to process it a few more times before it translated to my brain properly and then it hit me.

 

“Excuse me?” I hesitated to say but in the end I said it anyways. I'm sure I sounded irritated but in all honestly I really was.

 

“The day after today the both of you will be on your way to a Health and Safety in the workplace seminar” he then commented trying to get the point across.

 

“Why us though?” The intern said in a confused manner and I nodded agreeing with his question.

 

“Because the both of you are competent workers and so I personally chose the two of you” he continued on boasting.

 

It went silent for a few moments.

 

“Thank you for this opportunity Sir” the newbie said cunningly in from the corner of my eye I saw him bow.

 

I nodded  with a smile on my face and then I bowed as well to show my gratefulness, even though I truly wasn't happy for this opportunity.

 

“Go have your lunch, I'll have your travel tickets ready by the end of the work day” he promptly ended the conversation by shooing us away with his hand.

 

As we exited the office I went straight to my cubicle as soon as I possibly could. I didn't feel like eating at all anymore, al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter