Would she say yes?

For the cutest girl in the school
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi all and happy Valentine’s Day, this is a cute oneshot of kid seulrene where little Kang Seulgi really wants to ask Bae Joohyun to be her “date” for the class Valentines party, but of course the cutest girl in her class couldn’t possibly like her too, right?


 

Ten-year-old Kang Seulgi was having a bit of a crisis. You wouldn’t know it from looking at her. The monolid child is sitting at her desk in school minding her own business and listening to the teacher as normal. But entirely she is a bundle of nerves and anxiety. It’s going to be Valentine’s Day soon, and with that comes the party her class is going to have. She’s been to other school parties for different reasons. Holiday parties such as Halloween ones where she had to come dressed up in a costume. Christmas parties too where every student was able to get a gift to take home. This time it’s an entirely different party because it’s going to be her first ever Valentine’s Day party. She’s anxious because she wants to ask Bae Joohyun to be her “date” to the party.


 

Why is little Kang Seulgi so anxious you might wonder? Bae Joohyun is only the cutest girl in her class. Why wouldn’t she be nervous? Seulgi looks down at her paper and away from the cute dark-haired girl. Joohyun is doll-like in her appearance. She has such cute cheeks, bright round eyes, and she’s so quiet. Seulgi can only recall hearing her voice a handful of times but it was the softest most musical sound she has ever heard. It’s safe to say Kang Seulgi has a very massive crush. But Bae Joohyun would never notice her, right? Why would the most beautiful girl she’s ever seen in all of her life ever notice her. The feel of a paper ball hits her in the back of her head and she turns to see her best friend Park Sooyoung. She’s a pretty girl too and easily one of the tallest in the class, and Seulgi always draws her as a baby chicken which always upsets her friend. She is of course the culprit as she likes to mess around and prank people.

 

“What?” The taller girl laughs. Her bright eyes lit with mischief. Seulgi sighs and turns around. Her best friend is always like this, but she never means any harm. Because as soon as they are about to be released for recess and lunch time. The taller girl comes over to make sure she’s fine.

 

“Hey, Seul. I didn’t mean anything by it. Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah, I’m fine, Soo.” The monolid child promises with a thumbs up. Park Sooyoung is a really good friend despite her pranks. She was very nice to her when Seulgi first came to the school and they became friends pretty much instantly.

 

“What’s…” Sooyoung stops when she notices to where her friend is looking. Seulgi is stealing these small and somewhat shy glances at Bae Joohyun. Sooyoung sighs and pats her friend on the shoulder gently. Seulgi is a lovesick girl if she’s ever seen one.

 

“Oh, boy…” Sooyoung sighs. “Come on, buddy. You’ll feel better over juice and cookies!”

 

Seulgi nods and grabs her lunch box from her cubby. Sooyoung waits for her to and for a moment she looks to where Joohyun is getting up to leave with some of her friends. The other little girl can be seen looking at her friend.

 

“Hm…” Sooyoung takes a mental note of such behavior and as soon as Seulgi is close to her she grabs her by the arm. They are late to lunch and recess as it is.

 

“Are you in that much of a hurry to see Yerimie?” Seulgi teases some and laughs as she watches Sooyoung’s face flush red ever so lightly.

 

“Shut up, Seul. I’m not the one with problems.”

 

Seulgi says nothing more as they head over to finally eat their lunches with some of the other students. Kim Yerim is another prankster. A cute little girl who if Seulgi was being honest reminds her of a Squirtle. She isn’t in their class but Sooyoung always gets very red faced whenever she’s around.

 

“Hey, Soo, Seul.” The shorter girl greets them as she sits too.

 

“Hi, Y-Yerimie. How’s it going?”

 

“Good,” She smiles and Sooyoung smiles back. Seulgi can’t help to smile too at the sight.

 

“Hi, Squirtle!” Seulgi grins and that makes Yerim frown before trying to hit the monolid girl. She stops because their other friend Son Seungwan is heading over too, and from the looks of it she has cookies.

 

“Hi, guys.” She beams. “Sorry, I’m late. I made cookies with my mom yesterday. Would you all…”

 

Before she can even finish Sooyoung and Yerim attack the container and leave probably a few handful. Seungwan shakes her head in disappointment and turns to Seulgi with a smile.

 

“Seul, would you like the rest?”

 

“Let’s split them, Wan.” Seulgi says kindly and as she is being handed some cookies. Bae Joohyun walks pass on her way with her friends to have lunch too. She is holding on so adorably to her purple lunch bag. Seulgi is staring at her so long that both Sooyoung and Yerim tap her a few times to get her attention.

 

“Hm?”

 

“You are so hopeless.” Yerim tells her.

 

“You should ask her to the party.” Sooyoung gives her a thumbs up. Seulgi looks hesitant again. She does want to ask Joohyun to the party. How can she? Bae Joohyun is the prettiest girl in class. No, she’s the prettiest girl in the entire school. Why would she notice her?

 

“I don’t know…”

 

“You should go for it, Seul.” Seungwan offers kindly. “You don’t even have to ask her in class. Ask her when she’s alone.”

 

Seulgi sighs and puts her head down on the table for a moment. Don’t her friends understand that she is a nervous wreck as it is. She can’t just go up to Joohyun and ask her to the party. If Seulgi would have looked up she would have been able to see Joohyun sitting with her friends and sending curious looks her way.

 

“Hey, Hyun. Isn’t that Seulgi, huh. The girl you like.” Her best friend Jennie nudges her some. Joohyun’s face gets red and she lightly hits her friend. Jennie knows already she likes Kang Seulgi. Joohyun likes the cute and adorably sweet girl who reminds her of a teddy bear. Joohyun wants to actually sit down with her one day over lunch time too, maybe one day.

 

“Be quiet, Jen.”

 

The other little girl blinks several times. It’s not like Seulgi is going to hear from all the way over here.

 

“You should tell her.”

 

“N-No…” Joohyun says nervously. Seulgi is too cute and nice. There’s no way the cutest girl in their class would ever talk to her, right? No, Kang Seulgi would never talk to her. Joohyun would have fully believed this with all of her heart until later that day when they’re back in class. Seulgi and her friend Sooyoung were passing out some supplies and Joohyun finds herself anxious when Seulgi is getting closer. Maybe she will just leave the supplies on her desk and go.

 

Joohyun looks down actually. She doesn’t think she can meet those bright and warm monolid eyes.

 

“H-Hi, Joohyun.” Seulgi says so softly. It’s so soft that Joohyun almost misses it entirely. Seulgi is w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter