Final

Baby at the party

 

[Knock Knock]

"Sir?" 

"Come in." 

"Sir your suit arrived, should I put it in your cabinet or you want to see it first?" The secretary asked, waiting for his boss to at least look at him.

"I'll look at it later, but give it to my driver so I will not forget it later." The young CEO said.

"Okay sir, I'll go now." He said and about to left.

"Ah Mr. Kim..."

"Y-yes sir?"

"Where is the file of the invites? I told you to sent it to me last night right?" His tone give chills to Namjoon.

"Y-yes sir.. but I.. I got some p-problem with my interne-" He stop when he heard his boss slammed his pen on his table.

"You've been here for months now. Didn't I told you I hate excuses?"

"I'm sorry sir I-"

"Just leave, and get the file. Go!" When the young CEO raised his voice, that means you up. Namjoon bowed and exit the said office in a rush he almost bump into Kim Seokjin, Park Jimin's best friend.

"Bad day?" He asked.

"Yeah... It's my fault, I should go now. Good morning sir." Namjoon said and left the older sighing. Seokjin opened the door in front of him and enter, without even knocking.

"Can you go easy with your secretary?"

"I am busy, get to the point and go." Jimin said not looking at his best friend.

"Fine. Mr. CEO.. I am here to ask if my boyfriend can bring his model friend with him, since you never answer my text or call. I have decided to visit you." 

"You can bring whoever you wants." 

"Yeah but its Sungwoon, you know your ex. The nerdy during college." With that Jimin finally look at him.

"He is Taehyung's friend?" Jimin asked.

"Yeap. I just found out when we pick him up from the airport. Small world, so what now can Sungwoon go?" 

".... Yeah, he can. I can't actually say no to you or Tae." Jimin sigh.

"He is single, you know..." 

"Not interested. You know why I broke up with him..." Jimin said smirking at the older.

"Of course I know, ." 

 

 

 

 


"Welcome to the Park Estates Annual Valentine Party which is also a celebration for our company's new branch, here to give us some words... Lets welcome our young CEO Park Jimin!" Every guest and employees clap for him that made Jimin smiled.

"Thank you so much emcee, I will not make this long, I just want to have this opportunity to say thank you to all of my employees for staying even if I am sometimes grumpy. I'm sorry for that. Also, to everyone who support and help me in managing when father pass his position to me 2 years ago. To our partners who is still with us thank you for believing in me for this new branch. We will try not to disappoint any of you. Thank you, Happy Valentine's Day and Welcome." Jimin said and bowed, he left the stage after to chat with the other guest.

"Mr. Park!" A man greeted him.

"Oh. Mr. Jeon, I thought you will not come because you didn't confirmed your attendance." Jimin offer his hand for a shake which Mr. Jeon gladly take. 

"I just came back from Japan that's why I, this kinda last minut-" 

"Appa...." The man stop talking when another person came. He is young and handsome.. 

"Yes son?" 

"Can I go now an-"

"We just arrived just let yourself enjoy tonight okay? Ah, Mr. Park this is my youngest son. Jungkook introduce yourself." Mr. Jeon said smiling and slightly pushing his son in front. Jungkook look at his father and sigh.

"I... I am.. Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook.. Its great to... m-meet you.." 

"Its so great to meet you too, Jungkook." Jimin said smiling and about to shake hands with Jungkook but he already hiding behind his father, big eyes looking around the place.

"Appa, I'll go to the restroom." He whispered.

"Okay, get back here after." Mr. Jeon said then Jungkook bowed to them and left in a rush almost bumping into a waiter. 

"My shy boy... He is still a baby.." 

"He is a cute shy baby.." 

"A what Mr. Park?" 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook didn't went to the restroom he is just wandering around the venue. When his father told him to go with him to meet a friend, he didn't think that it will be a party. When they arrived his eyes widened in excitement and horror, he saw blinding lights which beautifully dancing with every song, buffet table full of different dishes he wanted to try, a bar with some guest that is already drunk and people, a lot of people that made him want to go home. Jungkook is a baby and sometimes innocent to things, he never talk easily to other people, he always run away from a conversation like what he did just moments ago. 

"Why are you alone here?" He almost drop his phone when he heard someone's voice, he turn around and saw who.

Kim Taehyung. Gucci Model.

"Uhmnn.. I.." Jungkook starts to play with his fingers.

"Don't be shy Jungkook! I saw you earlier and remember Hoseok hyung showing me a picture of you.. I am Taehyung, Kim Taehy-"

"I know.. I know about you, Hoseok hyung told m-me..." Jungkook said remembering how excited his Hoseok hyung telling him that Yoongi (Hoseok's boyfriend) will be Taehyung's photographer..

"I see. I heard you don't really like conversation... But I want to be your friend, I'm older by you by the way!" Taehyung said cheerfully. 

"Friend? D-dont you have a lot already?.." He said but the older just shrug and look at Jungkook eyes smiling. He sigh.

"I... I guess we can be f-friends.. But Taehyung-ssi, I am a los-"

"Hep! I never met a Jeon that is a loser. You are not, you are just shy and innocent. You need to meet my friend and my boyfriend! Lets go!" Taehyung said and starts to pull the younger inside.

"Uhmn. I don't think so-"

"Come on!"

"I.. N-no.. I d-don't want-"

"Taehyung." There is another voice that made Jungkook's arm be free, he starts to massage the area where Taehyung grab him. 

"H-hurts..." He mumbles pouting.

"Get inside and get your boyfriend he is drunk." Jimin said frowning when he noticed the younger. Taehyung left them in a rush afraid of what his boyfriend is doing, hopefully nothing embarrassing. 

 

 

 


"You didn't let me introduce myself completely.. You just left." Jimin said.

"I know y-you." Of course Jungkook knew him, his father always say his name so one time he got curious he did a research about Park Jimin. (He has notes don't tell Jimin)

"Internet?" 

"I... yeah." Jungkook don't want to be here anymore, he wants to go home now...

"Hmnnn, then you probably saw all of it even the negatives. That ruin my chance for sure.." Jimin's answer confused him, Jungkook frowned and then bite his lower lip. Maybe a conversation will not hurt. He thought.

"W-what do you mean?" 

"You know, the dating rumours and articles calling me playboy or ." Jimin chuckles a bit.

"You are not the only one, you know. A-and yes, I read about that too.. I have one when they said I was dating my best friend Hoseok that made dad c-cut my cards.. I can't play overwatch for a week because of them!" Jungkook outburst surprise the older, both of them end up laughing.

"Let me introduce myself again, I am Park Jimin 27 years old CEO of Park Estates... single." Jimin said offering his hands.

"Jeon Jungkook, 25 graduated uni recently with honors.... single." Jungkook responded and shyly take Jimin's hand to shake, they stare and sent smile to each other for a while then let go. Both already missing the warmth.

 

 

 


"And that is Mr. Hwang, he is my partner twice for a project in Jeju." Jimin said pointing his glass of wine to the man in front of them. Jungkook only followed his gaze and nods. They keep talking outside with things about them, Jimin found out that Jungkook is a really a shy baby lacking on self confidence. Soon Jungkook focused in every fascinating things around him, asking Jimin what this and that with his big doe eyes.

"Woahhh. Is that real diamonds hyung?" Jungkook asked out of nowhere focused on the one particular bag. He smiled.

"Yes baby, she is Mrs. Kang they sell jewelries.." He said looking at the younger only to notice him looking down.

"You okay?" 

"Mhnn.. Just.. you keep calling me that.." 

"What? Ahh.. you don't like it... baby?" Jimin teased and flinch when Jungkook starts to hit him.

"I am not a baby!" 

"Be my baby then." 

"Shut up!~" Jungkook is already pouting while Jimin just continue showing his flirting skills.

 

 

 

 

"Jiminieeee~" their little world stop when there is a man who sit himself between them and move closer to Jimin. 

"Why are you still here, go home you are drunk already." Jimin said. 

"I'm not drunk, just tipsy. How are you ...babe?" 

"I'm great before yo-"

"Excuse me sir, Mr. Lee wants to talk to you." Namjoon said. Jimin sigh and stood up and look at Jungkook, as if his secretary and ex is with them.

"I'll be back okay? Wait for me." He said and left with Namjoon.

 

 

 

"You still have time to run before you fall hard." 

"E-excuse me?" 

"Ha Sungwoon, ex boyfriend of Park Jimin." Sungwoon smile showing his friendly smile which cause the younger to smile too. 

"You know, I was watching you talking to Jimin just a while ago. I can see why he stays with you." Sungwoon said, But Jungkook didn't say anything so he continues.

"I used to be like you. Shy and innocent like a new born, all I have is my family and my books, a loser of the whole campus but that is before I met Park Jimin. He ruined my life. But at the same time, I want to thank him cause I learn a lot." Sungwoon said then look at Jungkook who is more focused on his fingers. 

"So before he made you fall for him if you still haven't, now and never associate yourself with him."

"What if I want to be his f-friend?" Jungkook whispered.

"As far as I know, Jimin has only two friends. My friend and his boyfriend, the other "friends" maybe the ones that has "benefits". Which kind of friendship you think you will have?" Sungwoon said happy with how Jungkook react to his words, he looks small leaning back to his seat.

"Why are you saying this?" He asked making the older shrug.

"I just don't want anyone to experience what I had, I just don't want you falling into that man giving yourself to him only to see him with someone on his bed or inside his car after he got what he wants from you. Then break up with you like you are not useful anymore because you're a loser and no one wants you." Sungwoon said mentally smirking when he noticed the younger clenched his fist and already with tears in his eyes, ready to fall. Jungkook stood up.

"I... I think I should.. I should go now. Goodb-goodbye." He said and runs to the door bumping into every guest and waiters on his way out. Mr. Jeon saw him and follow his son. 

 

 

 


[A week after]

Jungkook went to his favorite cafe close to their office to meet his friends. He is already late for 10 minutes and sure that Yoongi will kill him. When he arrived he easily spotted Hoseok who is waving at him, he smiled.

"It's been a while hyung! How is Osaka?" He asked hugging his hyung.

"Great even if Yoongi is still grumpy sometimes. I ordered your favorite already, they will serve it later. So how are you?" Hoseok asked smiling, but faded fast when Jungkook sigh and shrug. 

"What's wrong bun?" 

"I met..... Jimin last week." 

"Jimin... Who?"

"Park Jimin." 

"Oh. What about hi-wait."

"H-hyung..." 

"You met PARK JIMIN AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN TOLD ME WHEN I CALLED YOU THE OTHER DAY?! I AM SO HURVEGACSB" Jungkook stop his hyung in yelling by putting his hand on the older mouth. He shyly bowed to the other customers then glare at his hyung.

"Don't shout please~" he whine and let go of his hyung after.

"So tell me what happened." Hoseok said. Jungkook told him everything.

 

 

"Hyung say something..." Few minutes after he told Hoseok the story, the older stayed quiet and stare at him.

"What do you want me to say?" Hoseok said and sigh.

"Bun, don't tell me you believe whatever that Ha Sungwoon said?"

"It's all over the internet... Him being flirty and dating rumours every 3 months..." 

"We had one remember?"

"We don't talk about that in this household. Be serious!"

"Okay okay. I am not sure about what that guy said, because we both don't know him personally. And didn't I told you to stop judging people without knowing them first? But let me ask you, is him being flirty with you that night uncomfortable to you?" Hoseok asked.

".... No.." 

"I know, you like him after all." 

"I don't-"

"Don't lie. I know you have a research paper about his life and follow his Twitter and IG." Hoseok said smirking..

"Fine. I like him, but I don't think I can still-"

"Hey... Why don't you try and talk to him, then if what that Sungwoon guy said is true then you decide? You've been single for your whole teen life bun, you need other people too other than me, Yoongi and your family."

"You know I'm shy, maybe he doesn't even like me because if he did then why didn't he at least contact the office and ask for me? Maybe he just talked to me because he is bored that night, nothing serious." Jungkook grumbles.

"Why don't you ask him right now? Hello Park Jimin-ssi, I am Jungkook's best friend, Jung Hoseok." 

"It's nice to meet you Hoseok-ssi I just getting some coffee when I saw Jungkook so, I uhmn... Can I talk to Jungkoo-"

"Oh it's fine he's yours."

"Hyung!" Jungkook watch his hyung pack his things and stood up from his seat.

"I'll be at that table don't worry okay? Hey bun, don't embarrassed yourself please and get him. Be confident. Love you." Hoseok said and leave the two alone.

 

 

 

 


"So Jung-"

"How did you and Ha Sungwoon broke up?" Jungkook's words surprised both of them but the younger just want to know the truth.

"I guess that's why you left?" Jungkook nods and starts to fiddle the straw on his drink.

"Sungwoon hyung and I met during college. He is a good person, shy and .... A nerd but in a cute way. He always got bullied but never fight back and focus on his book and study. Maybe that's why I got interested in him? I got to be friends with him and then after I ask him out that surprise the campus. Everything is fine, soon enough we fell in love with each other. Or I guess I did, he just change one day. I got to meet new people, he became jealous with everything and I got too tired of him defending myself."

"He told me things like... You will just get what you want and go. He told a lot of bad things against you and I..." Jungkook whispered.

"Did he tell you I cheated on him?" Jimin asked that made the younger look at him. He bite his lower lip and nods.

"I did." Jimin answered.

"W-what?.. Why did you do that?" 

"That's my only ticket to freedom. Sungwoon got to much after a few months of accusing me, he started being possessive and hurting himself and those who got close to me. It became toxic and I had no choice. But nothing happened actually, that's my cousin Jihoon who stayed on my apartment that night. He didn't listen to me and started yelling at me, throwing my things and I just exploded and broke it off telling him that I cheated on him."

"He said you ruined his life."

"Maybe.. And I'm really sorry for that, but I have no choice, I tried to talk to him after but he keeps on avoiding me. He left Korea after." Jimin said taking a sip from his coffee. Then silence.

"So why did you left the party? Is it just because of what he said or-"

"It got too much for me hearing all of that, it made my mind in a mess and.. He told me to run... So I... I'm sorry if I ruin your party." Jungkook answered.

"Nah, it's fine and I walked out after you, the article is focused on me so its really fine." 

"You walkout too?!" 

"Yeah. You left also some of the VIPs so I have no reasons to stay anymore." Jimin said making the younger nods as response. Jungkook process everything in his mind, finding his own conclusions. They stayed silent for a few minutes when Jimin drop his bomb.

 

 

 

 


"I was planning on getting your number you know? Talk to you more.. get to know you." 

"W-what? W-why...?" 

"Yeah, then after maybe ask you out. Wait, you didn't think of anything bad when I talked to you right?" 

"No! No ... I..."

"You did... I can't stop you on that. Park Jimin CEO of Park Estates seen having dinner with blah blah blah possibly new lover?" Jimin mocks which made the younger laughs a bit. 

"Don't be like that. I just... You know no one really show interest or got flirty to me... I really assumed that you know... You like me or something.. Then .. then.."

"Then Sungwoon happened?" Jimin asked watching how Jungkook nods slowly.

"So what about now? Do I have a chance?" Jimin's boldness surprise the both of them. Jungkook noticed two figures behind Jimin. That's Hoseok pulling Yoongi to stop him from walking towards the two. He smiled and stare at Jimin.

"Do you like me?" He asked himself where his shyness go? His mind stop thinking when Jimin grab his hands, eyes staring at him.

"I like you. From that second you said "appa" when I was talking to your dad." Jungkook can see Jimin's cheeks getting red, then he look to his hyungs again both looking at them. Hoseok smiled and making two thumbs up, while Yoongi just shrug and smiles after. Jungkook sigh and squeeze Jimin's hand.

"I like you too." He mumbled but Jimin heard clearly.

"I know. I heard you confirmed it your best friend, baby." Jimin teased.

"I hate you so much, Park Jimin!" 

================================

 

 

 

 

 

 

4pm one-shot done! 
Two more! 
One for 8pm and 12mn 

Happy Valentine's day everyone!!! 

Ps. This one is based on the photos during the awards night where Jungkook really look like a baby... 😍 

Did you like it? Tell me! 

Thank you for reading!