Final

F.R.I.E.N.D.S
Please log in to read the full chapter

Some people would say being single is being free. At least, that's what Wonyoung had been hearing from her patients that was either married or been in relationships.





 

Jang Wonyoung a registered counsellor had become a successful and famous one in Seoul.




 

She finished her degree with flying colours.



 

But there is a dark secret she haven’t reveal to public , she advised a lot and knows what to do to a hardest hurdle in relationships but she had never been in love.





 

Is love that burdening that much?



 

All I saw in them was



 

Immature, heartless love



 

Don’t create a storm in relationship when everything is so clear


 

That is what I always advised to those who comes to me for counselling



 

But all I can say was even pain was beautiful than not to love at all




 

Money, Fame, Car, Career,Loving Family



 

I got that except for the one I really want to feel now…






 

Sigh.



 

In my 23 years of existence my life had always been stagnant, plain, simple.




 

Boring…!!


 

The only thing I want is love.




 

For all the dates she'd been on, there were certainly times when she was inclined to believe it. Because sometimes, she was just tired of her work; sometimes, she just want to feel something.




 

Because really, through all of those dates, it was a search.




 

A search to find her right one.




 

The one who would know her better than she knew herself…




 

the one who would love her no matter what happened….





 

the one who would wake up with her every morning and does not care if her hair is still messed up…





 

the one who will fullfil something that is missing in her life..




 

the one who would hold her tight and whisper sweet nothings into her ear…





 

the one who would always tell her what she most needed to hear…







 

the one she'd finally fall in love with.






 

Her other half…





 

Too much reading of romance novels stuck in my head so much, it is like I yearn for something I would never have.






 

So far, she hadn't had much luck finding that person..





 

Is my destiny waiting for me?



 

I wonder how does he/ she look like?


 

Is that someone taller than me?


 

I always prefer if that is the case…


 

What is the color of eyes?


 

Is he a guy or she is a girl?




 

Someone was out there somewhere - of course it was - but Wonyoung still had yet to find that someone and exclaim,




 

where have you been all my life?





 

But then...




 

Then she came to a shocking realization.



 

Wonyoung had found her someone quite a long time ago.



 

She had shoulder length black hair, an uncontrollable impulse, an adorable smile with a dimples, a reckless abandon like a puppy, a happy-go-lucky demeanor, an insensitive and dense mind, and a caring heart.


 

She met her on her vacation last year at Paris.


 

Her name is Ahn Yujin, she is a pilot.


 

A year older than her.


 

A girl who puts colour in her gray world.




 

Jang Wonyoung is a serious person and an opposite of Ahn Yujin but…




 

She made me believe that opposite attracts..


 

I love sweets but she loves takoyaki


 

I love love story type of movie but she likes mystery


 

I love things to be planned but she is so out of my routine


 

She never listens to me..



 

She had strong sensed of justice



 

I am a timid person



 

She likes to flirt a lot and I hate her for that


 

But at the end of the day she will say sorry and it never happens again



 

We are still just F.RI.E.N.D.S




 

And Wonyoung was in love with that idiot.



 

But!



 

Yujin was totally not her type - but then, well, what was her type, exactly? Did she have a type?

 

...yes.



 

The bookish,


 

kind,


 

sensitive,


 

soft-spoken.



 

Person who would remain forever loyal to her. The person who looked nice, acted nice, and had the nicest heart ever.




 

But love is not about ideal type.


 

It is about meeting halfways.


 

And turn yourself believing that the person you love right now is your ideal type and soon you will realize that it is better than dreaming and watching romantic movies that was not even your story in the first place.




 

Anyway, Wonyoung's type was either that type or the hotties. The total hotties. Now, Yujin was hot for sure - of course she was, duh - but as for the bookish and sensitive type, noooooo, Yujin was most certainly the opposite of that.



 

But!

 

That was okay, wasn't it?


 

And besides, Yujin was all the important things..


 

Caring.


 

Protective.


 

And, even though she was usually a bit dense in the romantic department, she was smart. She was.



 

And besides, she sure made a great best friend. So who was to say she couldn't be so much more?



 

Wonyoung knew she was in love. Head over heels in love. Wasn't sure when it had happened, but it did.



 

As for telling her - well, that could come later. For now, things were okay between them. For now, friends was enough for Wonyoung. For now.



 

Besides, every moment was bliss when she was with Yujin. Life seemed like it was never better when she was with her.



 

For now, what more did she need than that?



 

What more did she need from her than what she had already given her?






 

No.



 

She needed more. She wanted more.



 

She did.




 

I did.



 

So she decided she'd do something about it.



 

"Yujin?" she said nervously, approaching her in the café they agreed to meet.





 

After two weeks of straight in duty and flying all over the world.




 

Yujin had a week off.





 

"What's up, Wonyoung?" she replied cheerfully.



 

"Uh - I, uh... I need to talk to you about something," she confessed. "C-could you come with me?"





 

Yujin nodded, looking confused, and followed her out the doors of the café. "Where're we going, Wonyoung?" she asked curiously.





 

"Somewhere private," she replied simply and emphasized the next words.

 

"And alone."



 

"Okay."



 

They ended up on the edge of town, in a nice green park, sitting on a bench.





 

"What'd ya want to talk about, Wonyoung?"





 

"It's - I - " Wonyoung froze up for a moment, realizing what she was about to say.





 

Might as well do it now. Now, while she had the courage. Now, while Yujin was giving her full attention.



 

Just do it, Just do it.




 

"Yujin, I'm - in love with you," she finally said, then looked away, a blush creeping furiously across her face.




 

Damn it Wonyoung, you just confessed now, no turning back.



 

Yujin was silent.



 

For several long, long moments, Yujin was entirely silent.






 

Tears pricked Wonyoung's eyes.



 

"I-I guess I'd better go now," she mumbled eventually, getting up to leave. However, a rough, calloused hand grabbed her wrist, pulling her back. "Yujin, what - "




 

She was stopped by her lips.



 

She couldn't be sure how long the kiss lasted, but it was certainly the best moment of her life. Yujin lips on hers, arms pulling her closer, her hands in Yujin’s neck.





 

She was glad they were alone.



 

A single love is born.


 

Like a flower blooming in field.

 

An irreplaceable happiness is growing inside of me.


 

No destiny is unworthy.


 

If this is love then it must go well from now on right?






 

Yujin pulled away, a huge grin on her face. "Finally, Wonyo! I thought you'd never tell me!"





 

She stared at Yujin, shocked with a blushed on her whole face. "Wh-what?"



 

Yujin laughed. "Well, I'm in love with you too. And I was pretty sure you were. Least, I hoped you were. I was just waiting for you to say something!"



 

And then Wonyoung was laughing too.



 

They both laughed for awhile, feeling like they were floating.

 

They could've been the clouds, they felt so light and happy.

 

The clouds just after a storm, with a rainbow stretching between them, connecting them, binding them together with nothing but happiness.



 

So, yes. People did say being single was being free.



 

But if this was love, Wonyoung was fairly certain it was a million times better. And she knew she wouldn't trade it for the world.



 

But Wonyoung just thought that love is all about rainbows and butterflies and she was wrong.


 

------***-------------

 

Dear Yujin,

 

You idiot!

 

A note? Really? That's ALL you left?

 

You can't just LEAVE me like that! Well, what are you waiting for? Come back already!

 

Sincerely,

 

Wonyoung

 

------***-------------


 

Please log in to read the full chapter