it's me

you don't love me anymore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was simple. The answer was right there in front of you. All you had to do was call my name. Say the right thing. To say my name. To simply hold on to me. Reach you arms out and pull me closer to your chest. It was snowing and you were leaving. Instead of choosing the correct answer, you walked away. You left me that night. Like snow underneath our feet, you melted away into the night. You got on that plane and left me. Never turning back around once, you walked, walked, walked, walked, walked, walked, and flew away.  

It was such a Jeon Jungkook thing for him to leave me on the most beautiful December night. It was so like him that I couldn't even cry. 

There was no tragedy in the way our relationship ended. No one died, no one burned down the house, and no one saw it coming even when it was right in front of our eyes. Someone fell out of love and you just happened to be the one to completly cut the tie. 

No hard feelings... really. 

Of course, I still love you. How can I stop loving Jeon Jungkook? How can anyone stop loving a guy like him anyways. He was unforgettable. 

Ten years together and all I could do was stand here watching you leave. Are you crying? Are you hoping that I run after you? Are you regretting what you have done? Do you wish we could go back to how things used to be? Are you sure this is what you want?  

Nothing happens. I keep my ground and watch you leave. I stood here as snow piled lightly on my shoulders. I stood here for hours as your footsteps disappeared under the fresh coat of snow. 

Without thinking, I reach inside my coat pocket and pull out my phone. I call you. I have yet to delete your number but I doubt I'll ever forget it anyways. 

[VOICEMAIL 1]

Jungkook-ah, it's me. Kim Taehyung.

We've been together for ten years now. For some it's a long time but for others it might be short.

Nevertheless, it's a time. Time that we spent with each other.

I have never stopped loving you in all that ten years I had with you.

It felt like a miracle. How can someone like you fall in love with someone like me?

It felt unreal. Too good to be true.

You don't love me anymore.

Did you ever love me?

I'm not crying because I miss you, I swear. 

I'm crying because I miss the way you used to call my name. The way you looked when you said my name. The way you sometimes sing my name to get my attention. I just miss that. It's not even the way you kissed me or held my hand that I miss the most, it's the simple things that I miss. 

Ten years isn't much. It's not that long of a time if you really think about it. But then I remember how excited I got on our one year annivarsary. We were 18 and had hard time expressing how we truly felt. I mean it took us 8 years to come to terms that we were in love. It wasn't friendship but relationship that we were supposed to be in. We hid ourselves behind lies of friendship and insisted that the feelings we felt for each other were nothing special. But finally, on your 18th birthday you kissed me. I asked you what you wanted for your birthday and you kissed me. Without any warning or romantic gesture. It wasn't even a proper kiss. Your lips literally clashed onto mine. 

I refuse to count that as our first kiss so a week later, you showed up to my house with a bouquet of sunflowers and asked me out. 

"Sunflowers?" I asked with a wide smile plastered across my face. It was hot outside and my heart was pounding rapidly. 

"They were out of roses..." Jungkooked scratched his head as his cheeks began to turn rosy red. I could see that he was sweating and his shoelace was untied. His beautiful hazel eyes darted every where but refused to meet mine. 

"You're supposed to say 'I'll be the sun and you be my flower' stupid." 

You be my sun and I'll be your flower. 

I really meant that, you know. That day was beautiful and I kissed you this time. More gently and with all the repressed love we had for each other over the past years. 

I know they say to not build a home out of a person but you were nonetheless the most comfortable place in my life. You were perfect but you never made me feel any less just because you had everything. You made me feel stronger like what you had was also mine now. I never asked for anything of yours but you were like the giving tree that kept giving me things. And I don't just mean physical things but also things like courage, hope, and laughter.  

On our one year together, you gave a bouquet of sunflowers. 

"They were out of roses?" I asked with a smile. 

"It means that I'll be the sun and you be my flower, stupid." 

Nothing beats the way you smiled at me that day. With a bouquet of sunflowers in your hand and the sun shinning down on us. It felt unreal. Every second spent with you are my favorite memories but if I had to pick one, it would be that day. You can leave all you want to but you can't have these memories back. They're mine. You don't get to have them back.   

[VOICEMAIL 2]

I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you.

Jeon Jungkook, I hate you so much.

I can't stop thinking about you. You are everywhere.

Yesterday, I tried cleaning my room and all I found were pieces of you.

Why did you come into my life? Why did you make me fall in love with you? Actually, I didn’t fall in love with you. Falling in love means having a choice and having  a choice comes with doubt. I didn’t have any choice nor an ounce of doubt about loving you.

Jungkook-ah, it’s me. Kim Taehyung.

If you’re listening to this, please come back to me.

I can’t live my whole life pretending I hate you.

I take it back. I am crying because I miss you. 

I always had you beside me, whether as a friend or as a boyfriend. The fact is that I don't know how to live without you. I know it sounds bad that I have become so dependent on you but that's just how things are. You were always there for me. We ate spic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter