-♡-

Hyukjae, Meow!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Apparently every child has been told at least one fairytale in their life. They were about love, friendship, adventures, mystic, magic, anything. The wonderful world of fairytales helped everyone to escape from reality, to become a dreamer, to hope for a miracle.

Lee Hyukjae and Lee Donghae knew better than anyone that every fairytale could become true. Because even though it looked like they were a casual couple, there was just one secret they shared that no one (maybe just Donghae’s parents) knew apart from them. The secret was…

That sometimes when Donghae was too overwhelmed with all the feelings and couldn’t control them…

…he turned into…

…a kitten.

***

-09.18-

Okay. Okay. You knew what you’ve gotten yourself into when you decided to date Donghae, Lee Hyukjae. You knew. You have no right to complain about anything.

But how can I not complain when he turned into a kitten right before I kissed him?!

It’s so frustrating. Like, I knew that for some odd reasons he’s one of those people who can shapeshift into different animals when they want to. You couldn’t meet people like him too often, but they weren’t rare either, so I guess everyone’s used to this already, even though I bet it was a big shock when people discovered those abilities hundreds years ago. I even knew that he can’t do it when he ‘wants to’, but it happens randomly when he can’t control his feelings, but…

It was our first date. To be honest, I was maybe a bit too happy it’s finally happening after five years of wooing him (can you hear me sobbing?). It’s not like Donghae didn’t realize his feelings or didn’t like me back, it’s just that he was afraid I’ll freak out once I’ll know he’s the one who can shapeshift (even though he knew I used to know one person who can do that before). He somehow was too afraid to reveal he’s turning into a kitten and kept hiding it from others, even though it’s not like shapeshifters are bullied or something. He’s just… shy to be a kitten, I guess?

Don’t look for any logic here. I failed.

Who am I even talking to?..

Anyway!

It was our first date, and of course I was excited. I knew Donghae was nervous about whole thing, since he admitted he kept dreaming about our first date for three years. Three years! If I was in his situation and was able to shapeshift due to strong emotions, I’d shapeshift immediately and started running in circles like a crazy happy man. So, I shouldn’t be mad at Donghae. And I am not, trust me, but…

I didn’t even get to kiss him. Everything was going so good and so smooth. We went to the cinema to watch a horror movie (don’t blame me for my choice, I know Donghae’s afraid of them, so he kept clinging onto me during the whole session, and just yes), then ate his favorite seafood (which I hate, but I deserved it after making him watch a horror movie) and went for a small walk eventually. We were in the park, no one was around, and the atmosphere was just beautiful and so right. A dim lantern light, a silent place, Donghae’s hand in mine… Everything screamed that this is a perfect opportunity for me to kiss him.

And so I leaned closer. Donghae’s face was just a few inches away from mine. I saw his surprised eyes and tightened the hold on his hand. I closed my eyes, and…

The next moment his hand disappeared from my hold, and when I opened my eyes I saw no one. I didn’t even think about an opportunity of Donghae turning into a kitten before I heard a soft ‘Meow’ coming from the ground. And of course, when I looked down I saw a small black kitty with white paws sitting right in front of my legs. His ears were down, and he already curled up on the ground, looking at me with his sad eyes.

 I didn’t even see sad kittens before, but somehow figured out that was the case here.

In fact, it didn’t happen for the first time. Donghae has already shapeshifted in front of me, that’s how I got to know his secret, so I wasn’t even that surprised, but for now timing was just so… Ugh.

So, here we are. Me sitting with a kitten who found his treasure in playing with my knee (I’m not moving; why does he keep pretending he’s haunting it?) instead of kissing my boyfriend and cuddling with him.

I want to sigh, but Donghae looks so sad whenever I do it; he almost jumped out of the window (I wish it was a joke) in order to escape from me, but I was fast to close it. So I had to call his parents and explain everything, since he still was living with them, and well.

I just hope I will wake up and see a human Donghae in front of me.

-09.19-

I didn’t. I woke up next to the ball of fluffy fur instead, and as much as I love cats, I’d still prefer to see my boyfriend.

Wait, how should I feed him?..

Update #1: Apparently Donghae isn’t fond of cat food. I think he’s sulking at me now? Can cats do that?

Update #2: It’s so easy to win cat’s love if you have sausages.

Update #3: I will never tell anyone how hard it is to have a cat who demands to use a toilet as a human…

-09.20-

Okay, it’s not funny anymore. Donghae’s still a kitten, and I can’t figure out why? He once told me that this usually lasts for a few hours, maybe a day. But two? I thought that maybe he was worried about something, and I tried to ask him, but everything I’ve got was him tilting his head and looking at me judgingly.

I almost heard his voice saying, “I’m a cat, do you seriously wait for me to reply?”

Yes, stupid of me.

But how do I know what’s bothering him if he can’t talk? I really hope he understands everything I’m telling him; I don’t want to know I just kept embarrassing myself in front of a cat.

Update #1: I guess he understands everything. I left my diary open, and he was reading the last page when I found him. He scratched me. Will never believe him when he’ll try to convince me he’s not touchy.

Update #2: Why didn’t I think about letting him to type on my computer? It takes a lot of time and he makes lots of typos, but better than nothing.

Update #3: Should I film him and download on YouTube? We could become famous if no one will find out he’s a human.

Update #4: I should hide better. He just typed I’m an idiot. How did he even see what I wrote?..

Update #5: What does he mean he was shy to turn back into human because he hasn’t had any clothes on?!

-09.23-

So, it’s been a while since the last kitten incident.

Guess what?

Yes. I’m sitting with a kitten again.

After putting some clothes on Donghae that day (you don’t even imagine how weird a cat looks in boxers, trust me, but it was the only thing I could put him in) it took less than twenty minutes for him to become human. Apparently, he could control his shapeshifting a little bit, since he didn’t want to become human while being . Okay, I got it, and we even laughed it off.

But the problem is still here.

Donghae still freaks out whenever I try to kiss him.

Does it even make sense? He didn’t become a kitten when we were in the cinema even though he was scared, but a simple kiss made him like this? I almost got mad, but…

“It’s because you’re special, I can’t help it, but whenever you’re too close my heart starts beating faster, and I can’t control myself,” he said, and the next moment I was hugging him.

I know I am too whipped.

So, we started practicing. Every day I tried to move my face closer and closer to his for Donghae to get used to the feeling, and I hoped I’ll be able to kiss him eventually. But once my lips were almost touching his…

Yes, he turned into a kitten.

I couldn’t help, but screamed out of frustration, and I guess Donghae’s afraid of me now because he’s hiding under my bed, I couldn’t even put his boxers on him.

It doesn’t even feel weird doing this anymore, why is my life like this?

Guess I need to wait for him…

-09.24-

The fact that animals are more successful than I am almost makes me want to cry. Today was another failed attempt to kiss Donghae, and when he turned into a kitten again he himself freaked out, and ran away to an open balcony. I followed him, trying to say that everything’s okay (it really was, I guess I didn’t even feel that frustrated anymore), but stopped once I saw that Donghae wasn’t alone there.

I froze. A few seconds later it was clear that there was another cat, and Donghae clearly tensed up after seeing that animal; his ears directed back, his tail pursed.

At first I got scared another cat was going to attack Donghae, but the next moment… that cat started… wooing him?

What?

Donghae made a loud sound that could barely be considered as mewling, and ran back home, hiding from that cat after me.

I was too surprised to even react, so just went there and closed the door for the cat to not enter the house.

Just wondering… it was a male or female cat?

Update #1: It was a male. Can’t stop laughing.

Update #2: Apparently I shouldn’t laugh so hard. Donghae scratched me again. Guess I need to cut his claws, it’s irritating.

-09.26-

Do. Not. Embarrass. Donghae.

I r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter