1/1

UNAVAILABLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I don’t think I can do a relationship, please don’t misunderstand, I’m not emotionally available” her voice is quaint and gentle like the feeling of a lullaby being hummed late at night, “… but after tonight, I feel like a part of me feels like my life wouldn’t be so bad if I had someone to share it with.” 

 

She doesn’t look at him as she speaks her eyes fixed and low onto the dorm keys between her fragile fingers as the pair are met with nothing but the sound of the radio playing in the background. He knows he should say something or to at least end the night with a kiss, but he can’t find it in him to move after hearing such words departing from her lips. Park Chaeyoung clears nervously. 

 

“Thank you for tonight, Jungkook, I had an amazing time,” she reaches for the door handle, ready to exit the vehicle, “… for dinner and for taking me home and for listening to me talk, I’m truly grateful.” 

 

“Chaeyoung,” his voice is shaky, “… you know I won’t hurt you, right?” 

 

His hand reaches for her, preventing her from leaving and he knows it’s a big ask, especially after the way she’d told him about being cheated on just a few months back as well as the other traumas she’d experienced as a child. She turns her head, a lined smile across her lips. 

 

She’s painfully beautiful.

 

“I’ve heard that line before,” she musters the courage to speak her mind, “… I’d like to believe it but I’ve been let down too many times before.”

 

He realises, that suddenly the only urge in his body was to make sure that she’s proven wrong. 

 

 

***

 

He listens as she strums the cords of the song he’s well acquainted with, wondering how despite such a fact, it seemed like a sudden touch of heaven onto his ears. Her voice is a genre of its own, suffice in power to break shackles that were binding you. Jeon Jungkook suddenly knows that the comments he’d lurked about how alluring her vocals were in person were, were in fact not an exaggeration. 

 

His phone buzzes. 

 

The music suddenly stops.

 

Her fingers reach for it seeing the notification before realising that it wasn’t hers.

 

“Oh,” he could swear a sense of disappointment rushes through her expression, “… someone named Eun Jung texted you. You guys seem close, there’s quite a few messages.” 

 

“She’s a close friend,” he can’t stop the smirk as he senses the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter