finals

Goodbye Little Angel

 

 

 

 

"ARE YOU ING KIDDING ME?!"

Mark shout and pulls the collar of the doctor's shirt. While his wife Jeno just sat quietly and lowering his head.

Cancer? Blood cancer? Leukemia? His child? His only son?

"I'm sorry, Mr. Lee. But that is the result of his lab. And from the lab results it also states that the cancer cells have spread"

 

~~~

 

"Mommy! Daddy!"

A 6-year-old little boy shouted excitedly when he saw his parents.

"Hi dear" Jeno approached his son who was sitting on the hospital bed.

"Mommy, why is I'm here? I wants to go home" said their son.

"Jisung, listen to daddy" Mark leaned slightly to equalize his height with his son.

"Jisung is now sick. Jisung must be able to win against Jisung's illness, okay? Daddy and Mommy will always be here to accompany Jisung to fight it. Jisung must promise me that you won't give up, alright?" Mark said to his son.

Jisung just looked at his father. Then the little boy who could be said to be precocious... Smiling a little towards his parents.

"Jisung has cancer?" The little boy's innocent question made Jeno shed tears.

"I heard from the ahjussi who took my blood. Mommy daddy I doesn't want to die. I knows that people with cancer always die. I doesn't want to—"

Jeno who was unable to listen to his son's cry immediately pulled him into a hug.

"Jisung won't die. You must be cured. And you must believe that you can win it. Jisung loves mommy right?" Jeno said with a tears streaming down his face silently as he hugging his son who was also crying.

"Jisung loves mommy" cried the little boy.

"If Jisung loves mommy, Jisung must promise to me that you won't give up?" Said Jeno while brandishing his little finger.

"Icung promise" the little boy linked his tiny little finger to his mother's.

Mark who saw it immediately embraced his wife and child.

 

~~~~

 

"Hyung" Jeno called his husband who was sitting on the couch.

Mark turned to find his wife walking towards him.

They are now at home to take Jisung's clothes while he is being hospitalized.

"Come here" Mark spread his hands and Jeno immediately ran to hug his husband, burst into tears.

"Why hyung? Why should it be Jisung? Why does it have to be him? Why does it have to be our son? Why hyung? Why? Tell me why hyung? Whyyyy?" Jeno cries in his husband's arms.

"I don't know Jeno. I don't know why it must be our son. I don't know Je-no. I really don't k-now" Mark is also cried.

"But, we, as parents can only pray and also try. We can't give up Jeno. Because, I believe the miracle is still there for our son. Believe me" Mark said, tried to calm his wife.

"But Jisung is still small hyung. He even just celebrated his birthday. Why is God so cruel hyung? Why did he take Jisung's happiness in just a blink of an eye. Why hyung? Answer me why???!" Jeno cried harder, hitting his husband's chest.

Mark can only be silent. He then hugged his wife tightly.

"We must be strong Jeno. If we are strong, Jisung will also be strong. Trust me" Mark said, then kissed his wife's on the top of his head who was still crying in his arms.

 

~~~~

 

"So, what happened to Jisung?"

Jeno was covering the body of his son who had just fallen asleep. He sighed and walked towards his friend who was sitting on the couch.

"You will not believe this, hyuck" Jeno said, then sat beside his best friend.

"Say it" Donghyuck said, rubbing Jeno's back.

"Leukemia" Jeno muttered.

Donghyuck closed his mouth. Not believing in what his best friend just said.

"My son hyuck. My son Jisung has cancer! Why is fate so cruel? Why does it have to be my son? Why not me? Why?" Donghyuck pulled Jeno into his arms when his best friend started crying.

"I know this is difficult for you Jen. But you are not alone. You have me, Yukhei hyung and also don't forget Mark hyung. You must be strong and believe that Jisung will recover. We must fight together for Jisung" Donghyuck said, calmed his best friend who was still crying in his arms.

"Mommy"

Jeno pull away from the hug when he heard Jisung's voice calling him.

He hurriedly wiped away his tears and then stood up to approach his son.

"What's wrong? Are you hurts? Tell mommy" Jeno said while rubbing his son's face.

"Mommy don't cry. I doesn't like to see mommy crying" the little boy then wiped Jeno's tears with little palm.

Donghyuck stood up from his seat. Then walked over to them.

"Jisung-ah, your mom is indeed a crybaby" Donghyuck said and chuckling.

"Mommy looks ugly if you cry" Jisung's innocent remark immediately made Donghyuck laugh while Jeno just smiled a little and then hugged his son.

"Mommy" called Jisung.

"Hmm?" Jeno turned towards him.

Jisung's little hands then touched his mother's face.

"Mommy believes me, right?"

Jeno nodded his head.

"Mommy must believe that I can recover. Because I wants to be a doctor. So that no more people get sick. And I can be forever with mommy and daddy too!"

 

~~~~

 

"Mark!"

Yukhei calls Mark, who is just quiet and doesn't pay attention to the meeting.

"Mark!"

Yukhei called back him but Mark was still quiet.

"Mark Lee!"

Yukhei then patted his friend's shoulder and made Mark snapped back from his reverie.

"Where's everyone?" Mark asks when he realized that the meeting room was now empty and there were only the two of them left.

"I postponed the meeting. Because we couldn't do it if the CEO just kept quiet even daydreaming. What's wrong?" Yukhei asked then he sat next to Mark.

"Jisung" Mark whispered.

"Ah yeah... That naughty boy. I heard from Donghyuck that he was hospitalized. What's happened to him?" Yukhei said, looking at Mark.

Mark sighed, then he looked at his friend.

"Leukemia"

Yukhei looked at Mark in disbelief.

Mark sighed again.

"My son has Leukemia. Do you believe it Yukh? My son Jisung. My hyperactive little son. My naughty son. My son who always laughs and smiles. My son Jisung. My son... Yukhei... My son Jisung... Jisung- ah... Wae??? "

Yukhei had never seen Mark cry before. And now his friend is crying loudly.

"Stay strong Mark" Yukhei rubbed Mark's back.

Mark can only sob and crying loudly.

 

~~~

 

"The condition of Jisung is increasingly decreasing every day. We are worried that the chemotherapy he's doing has failed"

Jeno immediately closed his mouth and cried. While Mark just clenched his fist and glared at the doctor.

"You're kidding right? Tell me you're just joking! You're a doctor! You can definitely cure my child! What do you need? Money?! Yes right? I'll give you any money you want. But please... Please cure my child... Please heal him... Heal him doctor... I beg you... "Mark said as he pulled the doctor's collar and also begged.

"Sorry sir. We can only try. Everything is in God's hands. We can only pray that there will be a miracle for your son"

 

~~~

 

"Jisungie... Look I makes origami for you"

Said a little boy running towards Jisung's bed.

"Chenle hyung!"

Jisung said excitedly when he saw the little boy.

"Chenle don't run"

Said a sweet and beautiful guy when he saw his son running.

Chenle is Jisung's friend. They met when they were both undergoing chemotherapy.

At that time Jisung whined and cried not wanting to do chemo.

 

"Mommy! I doesn't want to! I doesn't want to go! mommy daddy! I doesn't want to chemo!"

Jisung struggled when the doctor and the nurse would take him to the chemo room.

"Jisung dear, you want to get well right?" Jeno said to his son who kept struggling. Even now Jisung has come down from his bed and tried to run away.

"I doesn't want to! It hurts mom! I doesn't want chemo!" Jisung continued struggling even though now his father was carrying him and trying to bring him to the chemo room.

"I doesn't want to chemo! Put me down! I doesn't want to! Mommy! Daddy! Put me down!"

Jisung continued to struggle and also rebelled in the arms of his father.

"Jisung don't run!"

Jeno shouted when Jisung managed to break away from his father.

"Hyung! Chase him!" Jeno shouted at Mark.

 

~~~~

 

"I doesn't want chemo. I doesn't want"

The little boy kept running while crying.

"I doesn't want to chemo"

He kept running and doesn' knoe where he was going. In his mind he had to run and also run away from his father's and also a few nurses that chase him.

"I doesn't want mom---"

Jisung was shocked when suddenly someone pulled his hand.

He thought it was his father or maybe a nurse.

"Why did you run away?"

Jisung opened his eyes when he heard the voice of a small child.

"Who are you?" Jisung asked the child.

"I'm Chenle" said the little boy.

"Why did you run away? You shouldn't run away! Didn't you feel sorry for your mom?" Said the little boy irritably.

"I doesn't want chemo! Chemo is hurts!" Jisung shouted while crying.

"I know it hurts" snorted the little boy.

"How do you know?" Jisung asks while rubbing his snot with his sleeve.

"Because I'm also chemo" said the little boy.

"You doing chemo? But you look fine" Jisung said incredulously.

"I really am doing chemo. It's just that I wasn't hospitalized. I just went to the hospital for chemo. After chemo was over, I will go home" said Chenle with a smile.

"Now let's come with me. I will ask doctor to let me go to chemo with you"

Since then every time Jisung has undergone chemo, he will be accompanied by Chenle who is also undergoing chemo.

 

~~~~

 

"What's that hyung?"

Jisung asked Chenle when he saw him carrying a small bird but made of paper.

"This is called origami Jisungie. Eomma taught me to make it" Chenle said excitedly.

"Hyung taught me too please!" Jisung said excitedly.

"OK!" Chenle nodded.

Then the two boys began to busy making origami.

"Chenle hyung"

Jisung calling Chenle who is concentrating on making origami.

"Yes?"

Chenle looked up and looked at Jisung.

"Hyung, if we recover later... Will you marry me?"

Jisung's innocent question makes Chenle's chubby cheeks turned red.

 

~~~

 

"Jeno"

Jeno turned around when someone called his name.

"Wae Renjun-ah?" Jeno said  to the guy.

"Do you believe that our kids are currently seriously ill?" Renjun asked Jeno while looking at their kid who was joking around and also laughed.

"I honestly don't believe it. Look at them. They looks so happy and healthy too" Jeno said with a small smile.

"Could the miracle be real?" Renjun asked while looking at his son who was scolding Jisung who continued to make mistakes making the origami.

"I believe the miracle is always there" Jeno said, smiling a little to see his son who was pouting his lips.

"How's Chenle's condition?" Jeno asked Renjun.

Renjun's expression instantly turned sad.

"The doctor said there was no hope for him" Renjun sighed.

"It's only a matter of time" the tears silently fall on his cheeks.

Jeno then brought Renjun into a hug when he started crying.

"MOMMY! CHENLE HYUNG FAINTED!"

Jisung's shout instantly made the two mothers panic.

 

~~~~

 

"Jisung-ah"

Jisung turned towards his father.

"Let's go home?" Mark asked Jisung.

Jisung just stay quiet and also shook his head. He continued to look towards the mound. Written on the gravestone are the name of his friend.

Na Chen Le

Born in November 22, 2010

Died in May 20, 2018

A loving son and friends

 

"Jisungie"

Jisung saw Chenle's parents walking towards him.

"Chenle give this to me. He said to give it to you if he left" said Chenle's father, squatting to equalize his height with Jisung.

"Chenle doesn't want to see you sad Jisungie" said Renjun who also squatted while rubbing Jisung's face.

"Jisung loves Chenle right?" He continued while wipes Jisung's tears.

Jisung just nodded.

"Now Jisung goes home okay? Jisung must fight the cancer. You can't give up. Jisung must win ok?"

Jisung then hugged Renjun and also cried.

 

"Don't give up. Keep fighting for Jisung's. Never give up. Believe that the miracle is still there"

Mark and Jeno look at Chenle's father and smile a little.

"Mr. Na" called Mark.

"Just call me Jaemin" said Chenle's father.

"We are sorry. Please stay strong" said Mark, then patted Jaemin's shoulder.

"You too hyung. Don't give up"

 

~~~

 

"Mommy"

Jisung calls Jeno who is folding his blanket.

"Yes, dear?" Jeno asks then approached his son.

"Is Chenle hyung happy?"

Jisung's innocent question made Jeno frown.

"Happy?" Jeno asked.

"Chenle hyung said he was happy because he was in heaven. What is Heaven like?" Jisung asked Jeno.

"Heaven is a very beautiful place" Jeno answered, rubbing his child's cheeks that were getting tighter.

"Is it more beautiful than Seoul?" Jisung asked innocently.

"Yes, even more beautiful than any place in the world" Jeno smiled a little.

"Chenle hyung said there was a river. Is the river more beautiful than the Han River?" Jisung asked innocently again.

"It's so beautiful" said Jeno while hugging Jisung.

"Is the river made of milk?" Jisung asked again and Jeno just smiled a little in response to his son's question.

"It's not just milk. But there is also chocolate, cheese, even whatever Jisung wants are there" Jeno said, hugging his son and kissing his hair which is now became thinning.

"Really? Then I also wants to go to heaven!"

Jeno shed his tears when he heard his son's innocent words.

 

~~~~

 

"What's that hyung?" Jeno asked Mark when he saw him carrying a paper bag.

"You will know later, baby" Mark said, smiling a little.

Mark then opened Jisung's room.

 

"Jisung-ah"

Said Mark to his son who was sitting in a hospital bed.

"Mommy daddy!" Jisung shouted when he saw his parents.

Mark and Jeno approached their son who looked excited to see them as if he had forgotten that many machines were attached to his body.

"What's that daddy?" Jisung asked when his father pulled something out of the paper bag.

"You will like it" Mark said, smiling.

"Hyung... Isn't that..." Jeno said to Mark as he took out a special medical shirt for a child.

"Jisung said that you want to become a doctor... So daddy bought this for you, and now Jisung can become a doctor" Mark said, putting on a doctor's coat on Jisung's body.

Jeno sighed. He knew what his husband's purpose and what the reason he was doing this.

"Well... Now Mr. Lee Jisung has officially become a doctor" Mark said, then put the stethoscope in Jisung's ear.

"Mommy look! I'm a doctor!"

Jeno smiled at his son and he added a small pair of glasses that had no lenses.

"Doctor Jisung" Jeno said, kissing his son's cheek.

"Daddy, I wants to go to the park!"

 

~~~

 

They are now in a hospital park. Actually Jisung wants to go to the park where they usually go. But the doctors doesn't allow it.

 

"Jisung-ah!"

Jisung who was sitting between his parents, turns his head when he heard someone calling him.

"Donghyuck imo!" Jisung shouted when he saw Donghyuck and Yukhei.

The two of them then walked towards them.

"Look what imo brought" said Donghyuck.

"Bunny!" Jisung shouted excitedly when he saw Donghyuck carrying a little bunny.

"Mommy look!" Jisung said to Jeno.

"Does Jisung want to name it?" Yukhei asked Jisung.

"I want name it Yukhei!" Said Jisung innocently.

"Hey that's my name!" Yukhei's protest didn't accept his name as the name for the bunny.

They all laughed immediately while Lucas snatched annoyed.

 

"Mommy"

Jeno stops his laughs when Jisung calls him.

"Yes dear?" Jeno asked, then took the bunny from Jisung's lap and gave it to Donghyuck.

"Cold. Mommy is cold" Jisung said, immediately hugged his mother.

"Jisung is cold? Are you feeling warm now?" Jeno said, hugged his son tightly.

Jisung just nodded a little.

"Daddy"

Mark turned to Jisung when his son called him.

"Daddy, take care of mammy" Jisung said innocently.

"Daddy will always take care of mommy" Mark said, smiling.

"Daddy promise?" Jisung raised his little finger.

"I promise" Mark linked their little finger.

"Daddy please don't make mommy cry. Daddy must always make mommy smile. If daddy  hurt mommy, I will hate daddy!" Jisung said, staring at his father.

"Daddy promise" Mark smiled at his son.

 

"Donghyuck imo and Yukhei samchun"

Donghyuck and Yukhei then approached them.

"Don't let mommy and daddy cry, please? You have to take care of them. I entrust them with you" Jisung said to both of them.

"Samchun promised" Yukhei said, rubbing Jisung's head.

"Imo also promise" Donghyuck said, then kissed Jisung's cheek.

 

Then they (Yukhei and Donghyuck) stood up and stand not far from the three of them.

"I'm scared" said Donghyuck to Yukhei.

"Maybe it's time" Yukhei said, then hugged his wife.

 

~~~~

 

"Mommy I'm sleepy" Jisung said, staring at his mother.

"Sleep dear" said Jeno who still hugged his son.

"Daddy Mommy" Jisung called his parents.

"Hmm?" Mark then also hugged Jisung and also his wife.

"Thank you because you never gave up on me" said Jisung, who now holds the hands of his parents.

"I knows you are really tired. I also knows you are always crying" said Jisung, which made Jeno's tears start to fall.

"Mommy... Thank you for giving birth to me. Thank you for taking care of me until now. I love you mommy" Jisung said and kissed his cheek.

"Daddy... Thank you because Daddy always accompanied me to play. Thank you because Daddy and Mommy keep on fighting for my recovery. Daddy... Make Mom smile again and don't let Mom cry. I love you daddy" said Jisung who also kissed his father's cheek.

"We love you more baby" said Mark and Jeno who then kissed their child's cheeks.

"Mommy daddy..."

His small hands thats held the face of his parents who still kissed his cheek.

"I'm tired. Sorry I can't keep my promise"

Mark's and Jeno's tears falls when they heard their son's words.

"Sleep dear" said Mark.

Jisung began to close his eyes. His breath also began to falter.

"Mommy... Daddy... I love you" said Jisung who then rested his head on his mother's chest.

Jeno rubbed Jisung's head gently. He also felt Jisung's breath increasingly disappearing.

"Goodbye little angel"

Jeno burst into tears when Mark said that. Because now their little angel has left.

 

 

~~~~

 

 

 

 

"Jeno"

Jeno turned around when Mark called him. Then he saw Mark open the door.

"You're here" Mark then approached his wife who was in Jisung's room.

"I miss him hyung" Jeno said while looking at Jisung's photo hanging on the wall.

 

Today is exactly two years after Jisung's death. Time felt so fast but it also felt so slow for Jeno.

 

Mark walked over to his wife and hugged him from behind.

 

"I also miss him" Mark whispered in Jeno's ear.

"Is he happy?" Jeno asked then leaned his body against Mark.

"Of course" said Mark.

"We will always remember him right? We will not forget him right?" Jeno turned his body then faced his husband.

"We will always remember him. He has a special place in our hearts. He will never be forgotten. We will also tell Sena and our other children about him. Because they have great and also strong brothers" Mark said, then hugged Jeno.

"You promised him not to cry anymore. Now stop your tears and smile" Mark then wiped his tears.

"I love you" Jeno said and kissed his husband's cheek.

"I love you more" Mark brought his face closer to his wife. When their lips almost touch...

 

"Why she always cry at the wrong timeeee" Mark yelled irritably when they heard the sound of their five-month-old daughter's crying.

Jeno laughed and then kissed his husband's lips.

"I'll take care of her. You go back to our room" Jeno said, then flicked his eyes at Mark.

"Alright, but after that I will eat you" Mark said as Jeno walked out.

"Don't expect that!" Jeno shouted from outside.

"We'll see! I will eat you!" Mark also shouted.

"In your dreams hyung!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

damn! My English is really :(((