La Confiance / Chapter One

La Confiance

La Confiance

Part 01

 

       A slender, tall man in black got out of the famous business building in Seoul which he and his friend owned. He got into the black limousine waiting for him; “Go! Home!” he said to the driver when he closed the door.

“What about Mr. Park, sir?” the driver asked his boss.

“He left an hour ago. He’ll be home soon.” The other man replied. “Now let’s go home HyungJun! It’s been a long day and I’m very tired.”

“Yes sir!” the man called HyungJun obeyed and started the engine.

       Just as usual there was heavy traffic on the way home. The man sitting in the back was resting his head against the seat and was relaxing, thinking about his boyfriend and his birthday that was in a few days. “He’ll love it!” he whispered smiling.

“Sir?... did you say something?” The irritated driver asked when he heard his boss say something and thought he was talking to him.

“Uh… no. HyungJun!” the other man replied, “I was thinking about the present I bought for JungMin. You think he likes it?” the day he went to buy that special present he asked his loyal driver to come with him and help choose something good for JungMin.

A slow smile crept on the driver’s lips, “Sorry sir, but he’s an idiot if he doesn’t!” he looked at his tired boss from the rear view mirror and they both chuckled.

       “Well… he’s an idiot!” KyuJong said and looked out of the window when something caught his attention. Something that crushed his world into tiny little pieces. The smile fell from his angelic face and his face turned pale, eyes wide open in shock, and filled with tears of sorrow.

When he felt the tense atmosphere, the young driver turned around to see what was wrong; “Sir?... are you ok?” he asked and when there was no answer he looked back into the direction his boss was staring. There he was his master’s boyfriend, Park JungMin and he was hugging a very beautiful woman who seemed so unbelievably familiar. Then the happy couple went into a restaurant.

“Go, HyungJun!” KyuJong said hoarsely, trying hard to hold back the tears as he was still looking that way.

“But sir…” the driver wanted to remind him of the traffic but the other nearly yelled; “Just go…” it was really unlike KyuJong to shout or get angry like this, but knowing the situation HyungJun said nothing and just obeyed the orders he was given and used other streets to get them home. It took a while but it was better than staying inthat heavy traffic.

       The minute they got home, KyuJong stormed out of the car and into his room in the mansion he owned, leaving all the doors behind him open only locking his room’s. Sliding down the door, he hugged his knees and rest his head against them. He couldn’t believe it. How could JungMin betray him so easily? Was he not enough? Why a girl? Was she better than him? Why is it that everyone he falls in love with breaks his heart? Is it really wrong to trust people?!.....

“JungMin come back home… please… come home soon…” was his silent wish as he kept staring at the ground his heart aching. “Don’t you dare betray me… don’t do this to me…”

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

       It was around two in the morning when the young man got back home; tired and very sleepy, but the smile never leaving his face. He had a great day and he should tell KyuJong about it.

“Had fun?” said KyuJong bitterly, his back facing his boyfriend while looking at the fire burning in the fireplace; “Thought you wouldn’t come home tonight!” he smirked.

       JungMin was climbing the stairs to go to their room slowly thinking that KyuJong was asleep but the sudden question made him jump out of his own skin in fear, nearly falling down the stairs. When he saw his lover sitting in front of the fireplace he chuckled nervously and panted; “Kyu! You scared me!” and he started to walk toward him when the man stood up, still not looking at him; “Why? Am I scary?”

JungMin stopped midway, totally confused by KyuJong’s actions and words; “What is it Kyu-…”

“I’m going to sleep. Good night!” the older man whispered, interrupting his question, he headed to their room closing the door behind him.

       Taken aback and mouth open, JungMin stood there for a while staring at the closed door. He couldn’t comprehend, why was he so angry? Why did he close the door? Does it mean he doesn’t want to see JungMin? “What’s wrong Kyu? What happened? I just… what did I do? Is it because I came home late? I’m sorry…” he was whispering to the door separating them. He closed his eyes and crouched down on the floor beside that door. He was tired… sotired…

       When he closed the door, the tears ran down his soft cheeks. He loved JungMin. Lying down on his side on their bed he touched the other side where JungMin should have been right now if none of this had happened. The bed was so empty and lonely without the cheerful boy. Again the questions filled his tired mind, why was he with a girl? Why that girl? What if JungMin was cheating on him all this time? But no… he couldn’t, could he?

       After an hour of trying to sleep, he finally gave up; he couldn’t sleep, not without his lover by his side. So he got out of the bed and went out to find JungMin. No matter what, he loved him, he will always love the younger man. Opening the door he saw his boyfriend leaning against the cold wall, sleeping. The sight brought tears to his eyes, “Silly!” he crouched down beside him and ran his fingers through JungMin’s silky black hair soothingly, “You’ll catch a cold!”

       The younger man mumbled something incoherent and leaned into the hand in his hair.

Smiling sweetly, the kind hearted man slowly called his lover’s name to wake him up and take him to bed; “I can still be angry with you but I can’t let you freeze here on the floor, right?” he whispered.

After hearing that lovely voice calling his name a few times, JungMin finally opened his eyes and looked up, “Kyu?!” he asked voice husky and sleepy.

“Come on! Move!” KyuJong demanded and the other stood up.

“Thought you wanted to be alone.” JungMin said as he walked towards their bed, “I can sleep on the couch, you know!” he looked over at the older man.

KyuJong just shook his head, “No. Stay here!”

Lying under the covers, the younger man cuddled with KyuJong and kissed his bare collarbone, “I’m sorry Kyu, I came late. I know I should have called, but…” he yawned.

“It’s ok!” KyuJong replied he didn’t want to hear something like; “But I couldn’t since I was sleeping with her…”. Then he thought; “Just please don’t tell me that you slept with her.” He hugged him closer and kissed the top of his head, “Sleep!”

“Night!” JungMin said and nuzzled into KyuJong’s neck.

“Night!” was the soft reply.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

       Next morning:

JungMin woke up around noon and KyuJong was gone. He pouted; “You could have at least said goodbye before leaving!” then he got up, took a shower and got ready to go to work but HyungJun stopped him; “Mr.Kim said that last night you came late and couldn’t sleep well; so he told me to let you rest!” he paused and looked at the man’s expression, “I think it’s a day off sir!” he added.

The other guy grinned; “Thank you Kyu-ah!” he whispered, “Ok! Thank you HyungJun!” then he grabbed his car keys and took out his phone.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

-          Hello?

-          Sir! He’s out and she’s with him again. They’re in the same restaurant! What should I do, sir?

-          ….

-          Sir?

-          Go home.

Beep…………..

 

 

To Be Continued…..