Final

Project Yoongie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"She proposed. She declined. That's it."

 

Seohyun couldn't believe what she learned from another colleague the reason why Yoona started to be so down lately. She notices this during their presentation. When she was discussing, the doe-eyed girl will only nod and do her work. She doesn't know why but she felt sad for her. Glancing on her table, she felt hurt to just realize her eye-bags are the reason of her constant cries. She probably had been crying for a week now. The used to be so bright is looking like the saddest person she has ever seen. "Aigoo... " She leaned back on her leather chair while pouting, thinking of a way on how will she approach her once again about their new project, since she discovers her current situation.

 

"Hey, Seohyun. Do you want to have lunch with us?" Suddenly, the team leader approach her desk and she couldn't answer right away. She took a glance to the deer and made a decision.

 

"I'll follow later, team leader Hwang." She told her and bowed her head lightly. Once she and others left the office, she followed outside five minutes later. When she came back, Yoona is still busy on her own desk, did not even noticed the office is now empty. But it's a good thing. "Hey, Yoongie." So, she can comfort her with food. "Mind if we can have a break for a while?" She put on her best smile as she presented the paper bag from a fast food chain just outside their company.

 

Yoona did not even heard anything. She was too occupied with her work.

 

'Aigoo.' Seohyun sighs and she pulled her chair nearby so she can seat with her. She did not give her any warning as she pushed the keyboard and her mouse on the side then place the paper bag. That's when the deer realize her presence, as she looked at her in surprise. "It's 12:30." She said, pointing at their wall clock. "Meaning, you have 30 minutes to fill your stomach with food. Come on, they're your favorites."

 

Speechless, Yoona only finds herself checking the brown paper bag and her smile re her lips, to find out her favorite sandwiches are in one place, subway's black forest ham, oven roasted chicken and spicy Italian. It automatically made her stomach grumble. "What about you?" But she noticed there are three of them.

 

"Of course, I have myself." Seohyun is so happy to see her smile even though it wasn't the same smile she normally does the past months. She put her own paper bag of her sandwich on her desk and revealed what's inside. "It's the same." She giggles and lead her to have a big bite. "Hmm. Still crunchy." She brightly smiled while munching and ushering her to have hers.

 

"Thank you. I'll treat you some time." Yoona gratefully said and took on her first bite.

 

"No need. I know you don't have time to go out."

 

"No-"

 

It's just my way to show my gratitude as well for helping me out with stuffs I am not good at. And to think, I can't also go out because I have unfinished stuffs in my desk. So, don't mind it, okay? Just enjoy it before I change my mind and I will take that back." Seohyun jokes playfully, giving the deer a tap on her shoulder afterwards before she took another big bite.

 

Yoona is once again speechless. She however is flattered to see someone choose to stay with her. She didn't expect it would be her, out of their colleagues in the office.

 

"Honestly, I have something to ask." Seohyun couldn't missed the chance and wanted to voice it.

 

"What is it?" ask Yoona while enjoying her sandwich.

 

"Who was she? Who was that girl who dump you?" Seohyun bravely ask, earning a surprise look from the deer. She suddenly felt bad but she is determined. "Because I swear, she's the dumbest." She told her without a hesitation.

 

Yoona almost choke on her food upon hearing her words. She doesn't know how to react as it surprised her to learn Seohyun can say those words as well. They've been working together for one year and half now yet never did she heard such word from her. She's someone who always choose her words carefully. But she also wonders how did she knew about it when she never shared anything from her personal life. "You... you know that? How? And who?" She finds her voice back after a few seconds.

 

"It's not important anymore. So, it's true... right?"

 

Yoona chuckled awkwardly. "I don't think-"

 

"I know we never shared anything from our personal lives but I don't know, I feel like it's time to know each other... well." Seohyun interrupted but quickly added, "I'm sorry if it's something that's sensitive topic to share but... I feel... I feel like you don't deserve this. I mean, you're the prettiest, kindest, generous and sweetest person I know... and then someone will just suddenly do that to you? Seriously, that someone is not thinking straight, was she? She's missing a lot from you and we should let her know that. So, can you tell me? Can you tell me her name?"

 

Taken aback, it took another couple of seconds before Yoona finds her voice. "Um, I'm flattered that you are obviously worried. But Seohyun-ah, I'm totally fine. There's nothing to actually to feel so because I can handle this."

 

"You've been so down lately, don't think you're fine and I can totally understand. Aren't you mad about her at least?" Seohyun is wondering at the same time.

 

"Please, let's not talk about her. She doesn't deserve this." Yoona begs, doesn't want to talk about her recent break-up as much as possible.

 

"She doesn't deserve you." Seohyun rephrased the doe-eyed's words. And she finally returns to her meal and decided to shut . She realized she was too much but she did not regret saying the words that were true.

 

For the third time, Yoona is speechless because she just suddenly got quiet. And for unknown reasons, she felt bad. She got frustrated when she no longer speaks as minutes passes, as if she did something wrong. "Okay, I will share only few."

 

"Chincha?" Seohyun got brighten upon hearing it. "Just a name will do."

 

"You'll do nothing, okay?" Yoona felt like she's asking her sister to behave.

 

"Yes." Seohyun nodded her head enthusiastically.

 

"And in one condition." Yoona smirk as an idea pop up on her head.

 

"What?" Seohyun innocently replied.

 

"You keep everything what you will learn to yourself, araso?"

 

"Of course. I'm not the others though. So, my lips are sealed." She playfully made a zipping sign on her lips and smile brightly.

 

Yoona smiled a little as she's convinced. "Good." And took a big bite again on her sandwich. "Thanks for this by the way." She said in between her munch.

 

"I know you would love that. But you haven't shared-"

 

"I'll do later."

 

Seohyun frowned. "Wow. I thought you would-"

 

"I didn't say I will tell you right away." Yoona gives a victorious smile. "You will know, soon."

 

"What the?" The young writer is in disbelief.

 

Yoona did not ever say a word as she enjoys her food. But unconsciously, she's smiling brightly unlike these past days. Seohyun noticed it and just let her enjoy her food. She felt relieved, looking at those beautiful smiles from her. She misses them. She wasn't really wrong. Food can be a medicine to someone's gloomy day.

 

 

***

 

 

Just as Yoona arrived in the office, she noticed that her tumbler for her coffee looked like it was moved. She picked it up and find out it's already filled with some liquid on it. As she opens the tumbler, she learned what's inside is a fruit juice rather than coffee that she usually drink. "What?" She looked around to see anyone watching her but it's only the secretary and her apparently in the office.

 

Taking seat on her leather chair, she find out there's a sticky note at the bottom of the tumbler. Her eyebrows rising as she reads the text.

 

Do you know? Drinking coffee will reduce your lifespan.

So from now on, drink this and water. It helps you stay younger and prettier.

- at your service, Seohyunnie ^_~

 

Yoona can't help and chuckle at the note. And just then, she saw Seohyun walking back to her desk. The latter sends her smiles and hearts over her head. She just shake her head as she smiled back. She wanted to personally thank her but their team leader came to see her and she left her seat again to talk with her. She decided to grab her phone and sent her with a simple 'thank you'. She doesn't know what's up with her since yesterday but she doesn't mind. It unconsciously makes her respond on her work either way.

 

Seohyun who received the message can't help and glances outside with a sweet smile on her face. Seeing her small smile

 

"Yah, Seo Joohyun." Miss Hwang snapped a finger once she realize the young writer's attention suddenly shifted outside.

 

"Oh, Uh. I'm sorry, Miss Hwang." Seohyun sheepishly replied. "You can continue." she gestures but her mind can't be off from someone's smile outside. It felt great to be making the deer smile even for a little. And she hopes it will continue.

 

 

***

 

 

Running late on the way to the office, Yoona almost break the record of being the fastest when she head straight to their meeting room. "I'm sorry I'm late." She apologizes while bowing a lot of times before she took her seat and let out a relieved of sigh.

 

"You are late again." Seohyun whispered to the deer's ear as she handed the papers they will be discussing. But it's not only that, she also handed her something underneath the table.

 

Flabbergasted, Yoona looked down and check what's on the small paper bag. Her eyes lit up when she realize it's a new airpod. 'How did she know I broke mine?' she's totally surprised and she looked at the latter to see any answers but her attention was on the speaker of their meeting. 'What's up with her?'

 

Moments later after their meeting, she intentionally waited for everyone to leave and she grabs Seohyun by her arm and looked at her in the eyes questioningly. "What's this?"

 

"Don't get it wrong. I bought mine the other day and they give me a discount. So I decided to bought another one."

 

"You know I broke mine? When?" Yoona sure she never mentioned it from anyone nor did she showed her broken airpod.

 

"I saw you yesterday in the elevator, having frustrations in your face because of that. So I thought of giving my other airpod." Seohyun explained and brightly smiled. "Don't worry, I'm not going to ask you to repay it. It's all free. And you don't owe me anything. Just think of it as a gift from a close friend."

 

"But I can afford this-"

 

"You're too busy to have some time to buy one." Seohyun interrupted before she could decline.

 

Yoona had nothing to say but, "Thank you. I really can't do anything without any music. So this will really help me." she sincerely told her. Before she can leave, she surprised her with a brief bear hug. "I'll take care of this, I promise." she added with a bright smile and quickly left animatedly.

 

Seohyun scoffs. "What a choding." But she follows her in their office casually, just to see her now using the airpods while she resumes on her work. She's fluttering and couldn't leave her eyes off of her while she's heading to her own desk. Suddenly, an idea pops up on her head and she grabs her phone on the desk to send the deer a message.

 

Yoona received it automatically and curiously checks the song she recommended, which is called 'My Friend'. Just the first part of it, she can't help and glances to Seohyun's side, feeling lucky out of a sudden to have such friend like her.

 

 

***

 

 

"Good morning, Yoongie." Seohyun greeted everyone but when the deer came into the picture, she has the brightest smile greeting her on the fourth day after they had unusual lunch together.

 

"Good morning, Seohyun." Yoona was checking on her phone however and didn't notice her bright mood. She only noticed it when she suddenly received a photo that cause her to looked up.

 

Seohyun put her hands on her desk and leaned in forward to the deer's face, just an inch apart. "Sending you smiles to start your day bright." she said as she smiled brightly, causing her eyes to formed like a crescent moon. Then she leaned out, flipped her hair and headed to her own desk.

 

Agape and speechless, it took Yoona a couple of minutes before she returned to the reality. 'What just happened?' she's totally flabbergasted couldn't leave her eyes to the young writer. She was never like to her. It's the first time and it confuses her. Either way, she liked it. She's sending good vibes every morning, since she learned the rumors are true.

 

Thinking of giving her a response, she browses on her contacts and took a couple of seconds before she started typing and sent her message.

 

Seohyun is busy organizing her desk when her phone beeps in the side. She casually took it and did not expect to read a response.

 

Yoongie: Thank you, appreciate it. 😊

 

She glanced behind and find Yoona back on her work. She unconsciously smiles and finally started working on her unfinished articles. Her smiles never left her face for the next couple of hours.

 

 

-

 

 

However, after Yoona left their manager's office with a sad pout on her face for the sixth time of the day, her smile disappears, sensing she failed to get the approval of their manager over her design. She's not used to see it. Her friend is so good with her job that their colleague always applauds her. The thought of her break-up instantly crosses her mind, which seems to be the reason why she couldn't get it right. She was about to send her a message when she realized her officemates are respectively leaving the office, which cause her to notice their wall clock.

 

"Don't tell me you're going to decline us again?" Team Leader Hwang whose eyes are on her suspiciously came to her desk with an obvious question. Her other officemates are behind her, waiting for her.

 

She took a glance to Yoona and she can tell the latter had no reason to leave the office again. "Yeah, you're right, Miss Hwang. I'm sorry. Maybe next time." She confirms, feeling bad but she can't leave for the second time.

 

"Aigoo, it seems you're going to stay with Yoong again." Miss Hwang said and walks off together with the others.

 

Seohyun sighs in relief but she did not regret. She'll make it up with them either way. Getting up, she left the office again without Yoona noticing it. Just fifteen minutes later, she returned with her favorite sandwiches again. Only this time, she bought ice cream. Two strawberry ice cream they both enjoyed a lot every time they went out for some research.

 

"Seriously?" For the second time, Yoona is in disbelief to see the stuffs on her desk which disturbed her work eventually.

 

"I know you did not sleep on it. But it's just one of it. As long as you don’t give up, things will be alright soon.” Seohyun said as she warmly smiled.

 

“What do you mean?” Yoona ask in an expressionless face.

 

“The manager, she keeps giving you headaches, didn’t she? And… “ Seohyun glanced to the crumpled papers on the deer’s trashbin. “Geez, you are planning to play catching ball, aren’t you?” she playfully added as she wiggles her eyebrows. “I’m for it whenever you want.”

 

Yoona glanced to it too and sighs in defeat. “I don’t know. I can’t stop. I can’t stop making trash designs.” She groaned and grabs her sandwich to fill her stomach.

 

“Im Yoona, Im Yoona, Yoona.” Seohyun said as she does the same.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“One time I saw a man standing in front of a vending machine.”

 

Yoona’s eyebrows raise in confusion. “What?”

 

“He is facing the other way so I couldn’t see his face. But do you know what he looks like when he faces me?” Seohyun ask just to earn a shaking of head from the deer. She turns to the other side and grabs ketchup on the desk.

 

Yoona couldn’t bite on her sandwich when she finds herself curious about the younger girl’s story. But the moment the latter faces her again, she almost chokes on her food and laugh.

 

“He was like this, I’m the new clown in town.” Seohyun made a funny face, using the ketchup as a mustache, specs and dots around her face. She made sure only her white eyeballs can be seen. “Just call me whenever you want for parties.”

 

“What the hell are you doing? Hahahaha!!!” Yoona can’t stop laughing that it loses her balance, she fell from her own seat with a loud thud.

 

“Omo.” Seohyun instantly get up and check her on the floor. “Are you okay?”

 

Yoona was about to reply when she saw her face again that burst her into a tremendous laughter.

 

“Sheesh, she really loves the new clown.” Seohyun chuckled as she helped her up.

 

“Seriously, what’s in your mind?” Yoona’s laughter slowly dying. She grabs the tissue paper on the desk and instead of wiping the ketchup off, “You look better with these.” She uses the ketchup to stick the tissue papers.

 

Seohyun crossed her arms as she looked at the deer with a poker face, while couldn’t stop the deer from covering her face with the tissue paper.

 

“See? You are now the best clown in town. HAHAHAHAHA!!!” Yoona laughs victoriously. The office I literally filled with laughter coming from her.

 

Seohyun wanted to laugh with her but she’s already busy mesmerized by the alligator laugh, coming from Yoona. It's like the most beautiful thing she has ever seen, she wanted to see it always.

 

 

-

 

 

"You know what? I thought about what you said yesterday." Yoona said while enjoying her ice cream. She's now breathing normally after the seemed like forever laugh Seohyun brought on her.

 

"What?" Seohyun casually replied, having the same ice cream.

 

"I... don't really deserve her." Yoona said, contradicting what the younger one said last time. "I mean, she's always the one who finds time for us whenever we want to have a date. But when it's me that she asks for, I can't give it to her. I always fail her with promises."

 

Seohyun didn't expect to hear it. She thought the deer always go home early? Why she couldn't find time with her? "I thought-"

 

"To be honest, our five years is just like a long-distance relationship even though we're both living in Seoul. That's how our relationship is the worst. So yes," Yoona chuckled bitterly. It still hurts her, thinking of the proposal she prepared for a year. Who would thought of it?

 

'She's hiding something.' Seohyun can sense the deer is not telling her the truth. 'But how lucky that girl is. Yoona obviously doesn't want anyone to judge her for turning down the proposal. She cares for her and that's something the girl doesn't deserve.' And she can't deny that fact. "Well." she just shrug ger shoulders, feeling like there's nothing to pressed on it.

 

"Alright, since I'm kind today, I'll tell you her last name." Yoona quickly change the topic. "Kim."

 

"Kim? There are a lot of Kim in the world, idiot." Seohyun playfully hit the deer's head and before the latter could get a revenge, she automatically gets up and runs, while the deer chases her around the office. They started grabbing the papers on every desk they could reach and throw it to each other while laughing and dissing each other's embarrassing treats.

 

Moments later, they stopped, hanging their heads low while standing next to each other, embarrassed because the manager caught them. Like they're being scolded by their professor in class, they both felt younger out of a sudden. Their apparent smiles on their faces says it all.

 

 

***

 

 

The day hasn't even ended when Yoona once again have to ask herself if she's seeing Seohyun before her eyes while waiting for the bus.

 

"I'm going somewhere, get in the car now!" Seohyun commanded like a boss as soon as the car window rolled over. When the doe-eyed did not utter a word. "You don't want a towing officer catch me, do you?"

 

"Y-yes." Yoona stammers as she hastily stepped inside.

 

Seohyun did not waste time and she drive off. "You're not busy, aren't you?"

 

"After the manager scolded us? I would rather stay at home." Yoona chuckled softly. "What about you? You are going somewhere?"

 

"My aunt ask me to look after her flower shop for two hours because she needs to see her cousin that will arrive from China."

 

"Wait, a flower shop? Wow, can I come with you?"

 

Seohyun is happy to hear it. "Are you sure?" but acted like she's surprised to learn the doe-eyed wants to come with her.

 

"I am not doing anything anymore besides going home. And it's still too early to go home. So, you can trust me. I can help you with the flower shop." Yoona said confidently.

 

Seohyun is surprised to hear it. Yet she is glad to hear it. "You like flowers, aren't you?"

 

"We've been friends for a year and a half, you haven't noticed it?" Yoona chuckled in disbelief.

 

Seohyun is innocent about it. She couldn't recall about the deer being fond of flowers. But she could recall how she always mention any kind of flowers whenever they discuss about new projects, like if it's about a perfume, shampoo and drinks. "Now I get it." She has this wide smile on her face, nodding briefly as she glances to the girl on the passenger seat.

 

"Now you know." Yoona playfully pinched the younger girl's nose earning a slap on her arm. She laughs and shifted back her attention to the sun setting. She sighs and once again reminded by her fail proposal. It was the same scenario; the sun is setting.

 

"My past five years had been so beautiful even though there are ups and down. There might be some time I couldn't do as a promise, but you how I am always looking for each day I spend my day and night with you. I'm actually lucky that... Aish, I'm nervous." She felt her heart double its pace as she notices the sun is setting and it's getting closer and closer for her to finally meet her girlfriend. She started walking back and forth, in front of her girlfriend's home residence. Her parents already knew about it and they agreed automatically, knowing how much she loves their daughter.

 

She keeps glancing on her wrist watch, the silver watches her girlfriend gifted two years ago when she got her job as a designer in an advertising company. She smiled unconsciously, recalling how much her girlfriend save money just to buy her a gift. She really felt her love through it and she wanted to do the same once she got enough money. But her mind changes, instead of a simple material thing, she thought of spending the rest of her life with her and she bought the wedding ring through her big project one time.

 

Moments later, she finally can see her girlfriend's figure.

 

"Omo, I thought you have a meeting today?"

 

Yoona did not answer right away. She meets her half-way as she welcomes her with a tight and loving hug. She couldn't help and smile so big once her nostrils meet her sweetest perfume.

 

"What's up?" Her girlfriend asks in confusion.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter