Final

Anxious
Please log in to read the full chapter

Minjoo was deep in thought trying to solve the math problem that would likely be asked later during class when her juniors barged in unannounced into her class.

"Unnie!" Wonyoung and Yujin slammed her table so hard that Minjoo almost fell from her chair. The older girl looked up with surprised eyes. "Are we hearing the right thing?"

"Hear what?"

"You're going out with Miyawaki Sakura-sunbaenim!"

Various gasps echoed throughout the classroom, and Minjoo looked around to see her classmates staring at her. She turned to the two.

"Can you please tone it down?" She sighed, "And yes. Is that wrong?"

Yujin dragged a nearby chair while Wonyoung kneeled in front of the table, "Who confessed to who?"

"Sakura-unnie."

"When?"

"Two days ago, she waited for me after school."

Wonyoung couldn't contain her squeal and Yujin rolled her eyes at the youngest before turning to Minjoo with a serious look. "Unnie, do you know Sakura-sunbaenim beforehand?"

"A little bit?"

"Then do you know Lee Chaeyeon-sunbaenim, Kwon Eunbi-sunbaenim, and Kang Hyewon-sunbaenim?"

An uncomfortable feeling took reside inside Minjoo's stomach at the mention of well-known names at their school. She took a shaky breath, "As much as I know Sakura-unnie before she asked me out. W-why did you ask?"

Yujin put her head on the table with a loud sigh. "I know it." She mumbled, making the older girl even confused. She lifted her head and grabbed both Minjoo's hand, "Unnie, just be careful, okay?"

Minjoo was about to ask the reason before someone else called her name. The three turned their head to the door and saw her classmate looking back at her with another girl waving her hand excitedly by the door.

It was Miyawaki Sakura.

The senior asked something to the classmate before politely stepping into the classroom. "Minjoo~" She called, her hands stretched forward to grab Minjoo's cheeks.

"Sakura-unnie, do you need something?"

"I need to see your face." She leaned down, staring at her girlfriend's face who was just inches apart from hers with a serious look. "I'm recharging."

Minjoo let out a soft laugh, she put her hand over Sakura's, "What do you mean recharge? Did something happen?"

Sakura whined softly as the memory of what drained her energy came back into her mind. "We have this test coming up and the others asked me to teach them. Do you know what happens when you teach three different kinds of peoples at once? It was exhausting." She then continued, "Eunbi-unnie and Chaeyeon kept arguing to each other, and Kang-chan left me alone to handle them."

Those three names started to get familiar to Minjoo's ears.

"Oh," Sakura turned to the other two, "your friend?"

"They're my juniors and first years."

Minjoo watched the three introduced themselves and Sakura waved her hand when Yujin called her sunbaenim. "Unnie is fine," she told the two which they eagerly agreed.

"Okay, recharging done." Sakura clasped her hands together, "I have to go back. Nice to know you two, Wonyoung and Yujin."

Minjoo quickly reached out for Sakura's hand, "Are we going home together, later?"

"I have some errands to do with a teacher, but if you're willing to wait, then yeah."

"It's okay, I don't mind."

"Great. I'll come to pick you up here later." Sakura patter Minjoo's head before excusing herself to leave the classroom. Once the senior has gone from their sight, Minjoo turned to Yujin.

"And what about me being careful?"

"It wasn't about her, it was...uh..." Yujin bit her lip, "Just be careful, okay? Don't bottle things up yourself."

Minjoo couldn't believe Yujin's warning will work in less than three hours. She was in her class, listening to history teacher telling a tale of Shim Chong when she glanced to the window. Her breath hitched.

Down on the track field was her girlfriend talking with her friends, all the while a girl has been clinging to her like a sloth to a tree.

Kang Hyewon had her arms wrapped tightly around Sakura's neck.

The two laughed as the other girls, Kwon Eunbi and Lee Chaeyeon, started bickering playfully to each other.

Minjoo shifted her attention back to the teacher.

"Kim Minjoo," the history teacher called after class, she gestured to two medium card boxes on the attendance table, "Could you help me bring this to my next class? I have urgent matters to attend first, and it'd be best if they study this while waiting for me."

Minjoo left her seat. She took the boxes that surprisingly light despite its size and asked the teacher which class to go. She blinked when the teacher said Sakura's class.

That same uncomfortable feeling started to come back for an unknown reason and Minjoo faked a smile.

She was on her way to the third year's floor when a voice stopped her.

"You're Saku-chan's...Kim Minjoo, right?" She turned back to see a tall girl with blond hair pointing at her. Lee Chaeyeon.

"Yes, I am. Aren't you...Lee

Please log in to read the full chapter