OOO

Hidden, Many a Time.

“Ahn Yujin, otherwise known by the gamer tag ‘PuppyTheCreator’, has passed away today, at only twenty seven years of age. She was known for award winning games such as ‘Isles of Lies’, ‘Strange Count’, ‘Trials of JWY’ and ‘Classmate’, as well as the blockbuster movie she was asked to direct, starring actress Miyawaki Sakura, ‘Four Steps Closer’, based on her own romance-RPG story game of the same name. Being one of the most influential game developers of the century, millions upon millions of heartbroken fans send their prayers to her family and friends, though unknown, as well as each other, through the trending tag ‘#ThankYouPuppy.’ Throughout her short-lived career, Ahn changed the way gaming and real life had been previously connected by developing mind-blowing technology as well as gripping adventures within her work, and as taken from her official spokesperson after her passing was announced, she will continue to do so in her afterlife. Her final game, ‘Secrets of The Rose’ will be released on September 1st, 3030, although the game is only open to eleven invited players. Fans can watch twenty-four-hour live streams of each players’ progress as they challenge the story, and route for their favourite player by sponsoring and sending in care packages and helpful clues they may find out during the gameplay they watch. The players have not been confirmed, but fans speculate it to be an elite set of gaming champions, known for attending every convention and challenge Ahn has ever been a part of, and constantly being the top scorers of her games. We look forward to seeing the result of Ahn’s final piece of art, and wish for the young prodigy to rest in piece. That’s all for today.” 

Ahn Yujin. 

It had been a while since Wonyoung had heard that name.

Sure, she’d been a part of every household since her first game became a huge hit in 3018, when she was just fifteen, but Wonyoung had been switched off ever since then.

She’d never played any of Yujin’s games; Yujin’s close friend, Choi Yena, was always emailing them to her—“Miss Wonyoung-ssi! Yujin has just developed a new masterpiece, I believe you would enjoy it!”— but Yena was extremely annoying and she had never been a huge fan of the older girl (especially after the traumatic experience she had been through when she stepped into Yena’s ‘apartment’ for the first—and last—time to drop off Yujin’s pencil case that had been left in the classroom), so she had instructed her secretary ever since she began at her job to delete every email sent from the said woman and never mention it to Wonyoung’s face. 

Wonyoung knew that Yujin was very good at her line of work, but she never felt the need to actually play. Games weren’t her thing, you see (she also was not ready to see Ahn Yujin everywhere she went for the second time in her life. Her home was her escape from Ahn Yujin as the girl was everywhere else, and she would die before that was infiltrated too.) But she was confused. Yujin’s fanbase was more than clearly the biggest fanbase in the entire world; Yujin has single-handedly changed how life worked. It went from having to walk to the store to get your groceries to slipping on a headset and getting your in-game character to go for you, without you having to move. It came to the point in which it became hard to tell for most people what they were doing; were they still wearing their headset and playing a virtual reality sim (though it wouldn’t matter in the upcoming few years, because everything was done through virtual reality at that point anyway) or where they really in real life? Yujin herself changed reality, yet her fanbase were not trying to seek out the fabled eleven players nor the prize they would win. If Wonyoung was a gamer, that is of course what she would first do.

Well, maybe if she didn’t already know at least one of them.