One

Delirium

 

There's a searing, sharp pain when the needle enters Yunho's temple. The liquid sends his insides on fire, and his fingers curl around the hospital bed he lays on. The site on of the injection still throbs, and he feels dizzy and disoriented. People dressed in white hover above him muttering things he's not even sure is in a language he understands. Yunho wants to get up, wants to leave this torture chamber he's in, but he's too afraid to make a bold move. He makes subtle actions, enough to get what he assumes are doctors, stirring and when he understands the phrase “sedate him”, he thinks maybe his rebellion is working.

 

But when a thick needle enters his left eye, Yunho's had enough. He flings forward, covering his eye in the most protective way possible. He wants to scream, because it's literally the most painful thing he's ever felt, like his eye has just turned to ashes. Not sure if can even stand to have it open, he screws his eye shut. It's like his whole face has been engulfed in flames, his eye burns so hot and he just wants to run away. But when another needle punctures his arm and he's lulled into a faraway place, Yunho knows he's not leaving any time soon.

 

 

 

When Yunho opens his eyes again the room around him is dark. He can't tell what kind of room it is, but the floor is cold and firm. He tries to sit up, but pounding in his head is so severe that he submits to the floor. Rolling onto his back, he massages his temples, and notices a bump in his left side. Feeling queasy, he wishes he had never woken up in the first place. The darkness around him is heavy, like Yunho can almost feel it sitting on his chest.

 

Seconds turn into minutes that turn into hours while Yunho watches the darkness float above him. The time passes and Yunho tries to remember what happened to him. Why is he in this room? Why does his head throb and why does he he feel so nauseous? Memory is not something Yunho can grasp at the moment; it's completely blocked and it scares him. What happened to him last night? The day before? A month ago? A year? Nothing comes to mind and for the first time since Yunho's woken up, he's terrified. What does the future hold?

 

Tears threaten but Yunho refuses to let them fall. He knows he's stronger than this and wherever he is, whoever is doing this to him, cannot defeat him. The room spins when Yunho turns onto his side. He tries looking around for any clues of where he is, but he just stares into nothing. Time drags again until Yunho feels something leak from his left eye. Alarmed, he immediately sits up. He wipes the substance away from his lashes, trying hard not to smear it all over himself. It's sticky and feels warm, and he knows what's between his fingers isn't tears.

 

It's blood.

 

*

 

The rattling of the truck wakes Yunho from his dreams. He blinks and stretches, trying to overcome the sleep that overtook him. When he's aware enough, he realizes that he's in the back of a delivery truck. Thankfully, this time there's light. No restraints tie him down and there is no blood dripping from his eye.

 

 

 

 

Yunho tries to stand up but ultimately fails. He leans against the wall of the truck and waits for it to stop. And when it does, two men dressed in white with medical masks pull Yunho out. They don't say anything, give Yunho no directions, and leave. He's been dumped without the slightest explanation. The truck makes clouds of dust in its wake. Small rocks spew from under the tires. Yunho watches until it's just a small dot in the horizon. When he turns around Yunho's sure he's in the middle of no where. His surroundings are unfamiliar – he's pretty sure they would be unfamiliar to anyone.

 

There are buildings stacked high, some are stacked low. Some places are lush green, others are dead and eery. Not sure of what he's supposed to do, Yunho takes his first step into the unknown. There's nothing to be heard. No children laughing or playing in the streets, no music coming from the side streets, no birds chirping. The sound of traffic is even absent in this place. A chill rushes through Yunho, and just like the night before, he's scared.

 

The crunch of grass sounds beneath his feet as he continues searching around his new surroundings. A few more steps in and Yunho makes another conclusion. There are no people. This town in completely desolate. What were these people trying to do? Isolate him from the real world? Yunho has no idea, but he knows the only thing he can do is explore this place until he finds answers.

 

The shops are completely full. Clothes, food, basic everyday necessities. They're all there and Yunho can't figure out why an abandoned place would be completely stocked. Wouldn't it just rot?

 

He comes across an alleyway and decides to walk down it. Maybe a different path will give him more answers, or so he hopes. The walls on either side of him look old and dirty, Yunho slides his fingers over the rough brick exterior. On the ground lies broken chunks of brick that Yunho kicks around. A little distraction doesn't hurt. He continues down the alleyway until he finds an area with a high concentration of graffiti. Etched in the brick read the words “No man's land”. Yunho takes a step back to look at the rest. He's not sure what exactly is on the wall in front of him, but he guesses they're sentiments of hate and discomfort. Unhappy drawings and characters fill up the wall.

 

Yunho's concentration is broken when he hears something rustle at the exit of the alleyway. Or at least, the opposite side in which he entered. He turns his head to look but nothing is there. Curious, Yunho runs to the exit, looking left and right once he's there. He's about to give up when he sees nothing, but suddenly someone running ahead of him comes into view. Worried that this may be his only chance of finding any signs of life here, Yunho takes off to see this mystery person. It doesn't take long, in fact the person Yunho spotted stops running once he notices Yunho's on his trail. He's tall, thin and muscular. He looks younger than Yunho, too.

 

“Do you feel it yet?” The mystery person asks.

 

“Feel what?” Yunho responds, perplexed.

 

He simply smiles. “Follow me.”  

 



 

 

A/N: I'm stuck in Toxic. ;__; And I've been itching to write this ever since I saw the picture on tumblr a few weeks ago. I've done this idea before, just with an rp and it died. ;~~; Now I wanna see it to completion! This picture just kinda..ignited the flame.

 

I have most of this planned out already. ^_^ I'm not completely sure how many parts it will be, but I'm thinking about 5. I'll probably work on this while I figure out what to do with Toxic. =]

 

Thank you for reading! <3